Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Does absolute truth exist?

Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!
Old 31-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Eelco

Would you mind proving that it exists first?
That way we don't have to play the refuting game. Saves time and energy.

With Love
Eelco
Old 31-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Master

You seem to rely too much on your logic. It is unusual, even surprising, coming from somebody who relies on faith (I just read your other thread's opening post).
Old 31-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Master
My future posts will only respond to answers to the OP. If you wish to engage in dialogue, start by answering my question. We can go from there.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Eelco

Truth is an imaginairy state.
Tremendously valuable as it gives us the illusion that what we do matters. In terms of happines our actions do matter. In 6000 years our actions will all be as if they didn't happen.

With Love
Eelco
Old 31-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Badcopyinc

What you believe to be truth, will be truth for you for however long you believe it.

What you doubt to be true will always give you more doubt to doubt its truth.

Whether you think you can or you cant you're right.

Those that think the world is a living hell will see and experience a living hell.
While those that believe the world is heaven will see and experience just that.

Your perception creates your reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
Old 31-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Truth is an imaginairy state.
Tremendously valuable as it gives us the illusion that what we do matters. In terms of happines our (1)actions do matter. In 6000 years our actions will all be as if they didn't happen.

With Love
Eelco
(1)Actually, I'd say: "thoughts matter".
Old 31-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
(1)Actually, I'd say: "thoughts matter".

I wouldn't and didn't.
Our actions can bring happiness to others. Our thoughts only if we act on them or belief them.

With Love
Eelco
Old 31-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Master

It seem that absolute truth is relative to how you feel about. The more you believe in it the more evident it becomes; the less you notice it the further it seem to matter. So I say it is relative to what you believe. Like I can both prove with my imagination that it exist, and that it does not exist. On a side note Quantum states that everything is True, False, True and False, Not-True-Not-False. So that weights it towards it being very relative... like that thing Einstein said about time
Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!
The truth is relative to one's own agenda, therefore it is absolutely relative.