Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 06-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Perinelle

What is an Indigo Child?

My older sister recently came running in to me the other day waving a piece of paper around telling me that I'm "totally an indigo child". She's very into the paranormal and I've always been a skeptic (it's a good back and fourth for us).

She gave me this list of Indigo Child traits and I read them and I didn't really see anything too profound. It said things like Indigos have an affinity with royalty thinking they are royalty - as a child I always said I was royal because my name is Elizabeth but I was just a kid, lol. It also said that Indigos don't like to wait in lines, and I hate lines I avoid them like the plague but I also hate lots of other annoyances like knots and loud people. They also mention a lot of things that seem sort of self centered. But who doesn't feel that way sometimes? People are required to have some sort of ego to want to excel in life, right?

The only thing that got to me was the issue with time. Indigos apparently have some sort of worry about time. That was a little odd. I have always said that if I were to have a myth written about me I would be the woman that tried to stop time. I'm very worried about wasting time, or letting it pass me by. I'm worried about people aging while I'm not there. It really bothers me that my parents get older while I'm away in college. Every time I come home it feels like they look older. It's pretty saddening to me.

So what's an Indigo and did my sister give me wrong information about it? It's probably likely because her interests are spread everywhere and she never spends time on one thing, lol.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Master
I think it's mostly the Forer effect that comes in play here, which we can also see in astrology and personality tests.

We just have a society with liberal values, freedom of speech. It's more accepted these days to listen to children, but at the same time many parents work more then they used to (mothers). All of these elements shape the children of today. The children of today don't have a special status, they are mere products of their society. Go to Islamic countries, and I'm sure you will find no Indigo's, Stars, Crystals, Rainbows, Faeries, and other types of children titles. It's just a western phenomena.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 06-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

I don't really relate to Indigos at all. What I know myself to be is a Crystal child... one of the forerunners who volunteered to come in in advance of the large influx that began in 1991.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
iolite

Time is a worry for my daughter in that she doesn't see that being punctual is important. That has lead her to being chronically late. This year, her new school has a policy that chronic lateness will earn demerits. Three demerits earn detention. Detention is held BEFORE school at 7AM! Which means I will get dragged into it by having to get up early to take her to detention.

She also feels that most rules are stupid and shouldn't apply to her.

She HATES waiting in lines.
Old 14-12-2010, 05:01 AM
TheDivine

When I was younger I was told by many people that I was an indigo child, and people have told me recently that I'm an indigo adult. To be honest, I am still not 100% sure that I know what this means.

My current understanding is that indigo people are those born with a lot of spiritual wisdom/knowledge from the 'other side' that is in tact and not forgotten. Additionally, they are here to facilitate changes and a shift toward the next major paradigm here on earth.

I do feel empowered in the kinds of practices I am studying, and I do feel more and more guided by unseen forces these days, but in terms of my own origins, I just can't say for sure. I try not to dwell on it too much, and just live in the present. It's fun to analyze sometimes though!
Old 31-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Ciqala

The definition, seems to be just a New Age term, made by parapsycholgist named Nancy Ann Tappe, children who are born with indigo auras, that have natural spiritual abilities.
The indigo color relates to the third eye, if you want to speculate what indigo colour stands for, but in short, enhanced psychic abilities.
The term has since then been described for "different" children, "special" those who relate different in school, parent's who think their child is special or kind of off - which isn't really what indigo stands for. People have sort of adapted it to mean many things.
It has also been portrayed towards emotions, like empathy, a sensitive person, who has nice emotions.
The original definition, means that the child is born with special spiritual and psychic abilities. Indigo people are supposed to hold natural spiritual abilities most do not.
To me, these things can describe anybody, and most people on here.
But Indigo coloured aura is very nice to have. To be born with it, is thereby quite astonishing, seeing as it takes normal people quite awhile to get to.

If you want to know, look up Nancy Ann Tappe, she's the one who came out with the term, seems to have been discovered using colour energy work.
Old 31-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Summerland

Perinelle, Doreen Virtue has some very good info on Indigo kids, plus the crystals, etc. There is a ton of info on youtube also. It is a label that describes a type of person, but indigos have been born not just recently, but back in the early 20th century. They were the Warrior Indigos who were to prepare the way for the later Indigos.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM
serenesam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perinelle
My older sister recently came running in to me the other day waving a piece of paper around telling me that I'm "totally an indigo child". She's very into the paranormal and I've always been a skeptic (it's a good back and fourth for us).

She gave me this list of Indigo Child traits and I read them and I didn't really see anything too profound. It said things like Indigos have an affinity with royalty thinking they are royalty - as a child I always said I was royal because my name is Elizabeth but I was just a kid, lol. It also said that Indigos don't like to wait in lines, and I hate lines I avoid them like the plague but I also hate lots of other annoyances like knots and loud people. They also mention a lot of things that seem sort of self centered. But who doesn't feel that way sometimes? People are required to have some sort of ego to want to excel in life, right?

The only thing that got to me was the issue with time. Indigos apparently have some sort of worry about time. That was a little odd. I have always said that if I were to have a myth written about me I would be the woman that tried to stop time. I'm very worried about wasting time, or letting it pass me by. I'm worried about people aging while I'm not there. It really bothers me that my parents get older while I'm away in college. Every time I come home it feels like they look older. It's pretty saddening to me.

So what's an Indigo and did my sister give me wrong information about it? It's probably likely because her interests are spread everywhere and she never spends time on one thing, lol.

Ultimately in the big picture perspective, I believe we are all indigos including the dark workers. I'm not talking about some kid trying to **** off their parents - I am referring to highly intelligent dark entities that are able to engage in deep introspection.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
AngelBreeze

Warm greetings, Perinelle!

There is an excellent site that has great information on this! But it may be in PDF format.

http://www.reflectionsinlight.org/Ne...%20Mode%5D.pdf

Hope all is well for you and that your day is a Beautiful one!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Medium_Laura

This article seems to fit what I believe. As far as labels so that everyone feels normal.

http://www.crystalinks.com/childrensic.html