Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 03-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Master
About a month ago I started using a Miswak, with some good results

Not sure what type it is though, there is a list of different twigs used here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teeth_cleaning_twig

There is also something causing me problems in the right side of my brain, the side I have a root canal on , so may try to get it removed

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...nal-teeth.aspx
Old 17-09-2015, 01:30 AM
Newbie ;)

I've used a mixture of cold pressed virgin coconut oil, baking soda and peppermint extract. You have to be gentle though as baking soda can be an abrasive.
I hadn't been to the dentist in 15 years, I did this for about a month and did the coconut oil pulls (which is great to remove bacteria associated with cavities) When I finally made it to the dentist I only had one minor cavity.

If you're going to try coconut pulling, don't swallow the oil when you are done otherwise you're swallowing all the bacteria you just finished working out of your mouth.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
My teeth are not bad for cavities. I don't have to have many new fillings. And I do eat things with sugar. But each time I eat something like that I drink water and also have a good rinse through the teeth. I think doing that is what has helped.
But my teeth have got a bit worn down over the years. I asked if I could have veneers (sheer vanity) but the dentist said veneers would not suit my teeth, and the only solution would be to have crowns or implants. Considering the teeth in question are quite healthy, I don't want that. Plus it would be VERY expensive. And they would want to do the whole lot to balance up my teeth, rather than just the front ones.....
Just wish I knew a way to get those worn parts normal again.....(sigh) My teeth used to be so beautiful.
Old 29-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Experiencer
Dentists are natural beings .. i think
therefore they're natural remedy for that problem
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 09-10-2015, 04:09 AM
lavanya

I had a cavity in my left side of the jaw. Actually I was searching intensively for this and this thread bought me here.
Old 22-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello 😊

I haven't had any dental insurance since I was a minor so I was doing a little research about a year ago on this topic. I found something called "oil pulling" basically you use an organic oil ( i read sesame & coconut to be the most common) but I've used olive oil. First thing in the morning you are supposed to lightly swish about a tbs of oil in your mouth to about 15 mins then immediate rinse with warm water and brush as you normally would. This method has been used for thousands of years. Excuse my lack of educated terminology but what it basically does is pull out all the nastiness from the cavities that normal brushing, flossing, rinsing w/ mouthwash fails to clean up and allows for the cavities to start healing naturally. Ofcourse better eating, vitamin d and perhaps switching to a more natural toothpaste will help all the more. Try googling it if interested, I'm sure you will find a more put together definition of it that way, lol 😎
Old 03-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Guide

To add to this thread, I would say to stay away from baking soda, as it can be too abrasive.

One could try aloe vera, I've been experimenting with it myself for gums, & tooth whitener (which it's great at btw) but also I do not think it's good for the teeth as it is for the tissue in the mouth in general..

You could try chewing on a miswak stick...
Old 22-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Experiencer
There are also herbs, that help to rebuild the teeth. Here is some information I gathered:
Horsetail (Equisetum hyemale) is a common plant that you can find at almost any local nursery. It is usually sold as a landscaping plant for ponds since it likes water.
You want this particular species as it doesn't contain toxins, that cause nausea, headaches, and other trouble as branched varieties of horsetail do. Doug Simons recommends 1 heaping teasp. (half dose for children) mixed in a little water or juice each day for 6-10 days in a row each month for building healthy teeth. If there is a problem that needs more than that, do it 6-10 days, then take a break for several days, then take again. If it is used continuously it will lose effectiveness. Once enamel is built up, 1 level teaspoon is enough.
Doug also has developed a wound/tooth powder that he makes. It is composed of ~50% red dock (rumex hymenosepalus) which is strongly astringent and possibly antimicrobial. It tightens up the tissues. He also includes chaparral, white sage, juniper and/or pine pitch, all of which have strong antimicrobial and stimulating qualities. Chaparral is also known as creosote bush. It also includes yerba mansa, which is both astringent and stimulating, an immunostimulant and an antimicrobial, with apparently no side effects. These are all desert plants. To make your own wound powder you would need to either purchase these, or find the plants in your areas which have these same or similar properties: stimulating (blood & lymph flow), astringent, and antimicrobial.
For wounds, you can put the powder directly in to the bleeding cut to stop the bleeding and heal it. For holes in your teeth, you can clean the hole very well; if it doesn't hurt, dig deep and then pack with the wound powder.
If it hurts, eat echinacea and yerba manza and poultice the tooth with a slab of prickly pear (all spines removed!) or plaintain to draw out the infection. You can also pack it with red root AKA New Jersey Tea (ceanothus spp.); prickly ash could work; spilanthes and cat's claw as well; slippery elm and goldenseal are also possible helpful herb powders you could use for this. Eat parsley and horsetail. Keep it packed, poulticed and cleaned.
You can slip a small piece of young prickly pear inside your mouth between your cheek and the infected tooth. You want the gel that is inside the slab to be against the tooth. You then can poultice on the outside of your mouth with plaintain, prickly pear, comfrey, or a clean clay mixed with astringents followed by hot towels. You want the poultice to be very large and thick. and should stay on for a long time. At first you might change the poultice every 4-6 hours; don't leave it on more than 12 hours before changing it. But you can and should go to bed at night with the poultice on your face.
Dried and powdered avocado seed infusion is great from tooth and gum pain.
Yellow dock root is also very nourishing as well as turmeric.
Red dock too.
Chaparral used as a mouthwash, regardless of the disagreeable flavor and odor. It may completely get rid of the bacteria leading to tooth decay. Or you can use it powdered for brushing.
White Sage
Lemon Balm mouthwash
Diatomaceous Earth has lots of silica too, but there is no information if it can be assimilated. 1 teasp to 3 tablsp. a day.
Alfalfa sprouts are very nutritious and eaten daily can help to rebuild teeth.
Old 22-12-2015, 05:20 AM
Experiencer
A note about cod liver oil. It seems like right now there are only 3 brands available in US, that are not distillated and because of that still have natural vit. D and A (others are basically worthless as far as teeth and bone rebuilding goes):
Green Pasture
Rosita (most expensive)
NutraPro (least expensive)
High vitamin butter or ghee from grass fed cow milk is a bit easier to get, and that should provide vit. k.
Magnesium is a bit harder. Weeds like nettles and chickweed are very high in it, but most plants, meats and dairy are pretty low, because our soils are deficient now in magnesium.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Guide

Yes ....stay away from the dentist ~