Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Suspended
I'm curious... what's the difference between Reiki & focused prayer or meditation? I was reading how Reiki typically is done on a massage table... why not get a massage? Muscles hold a lot of tension/feeling that can be even more healing to be worked through while talking.
Old 13-10-2010, 02:01 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
I'm curious... what's the difference between Reiki & focused prayer or meditation? I was reading how Reiki typically is done on a massage table...
So, Reiki is energy healing, using your hands (for one on one) or just your intention of directed energy (for distance).

Prayer can have similar aspects with focused intention on an outcome and meditation is a broad term as there are many types of "meditation" (Vipassana, guided, concept, etc.) but none that I am aware of that are focused on "driving" a specific intention of energy healing modalities and prayer. I guess a guided meditation could have you visualize healing energy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
why not get a massage? Muscles hold a lot of tension/feeling that can be even more healing to be worked through while talking.
That sounds great, love massages. But that would be a massage and not Reiki, eh?
Old 13-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
That sounds great, love massages. But that would be a massage and not Reiki, eh?

EP, interesting combination, love massages & Reiki in the same topic , LOL !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Exactly! It's like I come up to you like I'm going to hug you, but I just pretend to! "Ha ha - you thought you were getting a hug, didn't you?"

Thanks for explaining more though. I have so much to learn about all of this spirituality stuff!
Old 21-02-2011, 05:26 AM
pre-dawn

Reiki is a repackaged, Japanese version of Qi healing as promoted in Traditional Chinese Medicine and its Qigong practices.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Yes, I practice Reiki and actually consider it as part of my everyday "lifestyle" which is really based on the concepts of all in life is about intention and focused thought. I teach Reiki as well as Meditation as a "hobby" as well

You should give it a try if you ever get the chance, it changed my life 4 years ago and put me on a path that I will never regret.

hello Emerging Path

I was re- reading your topic and I was wondering, how does Reiki know where to go if one is wanting a healing for a specific area ? And can one actually feel the Reiki or how does one know that it is working ?

And a question about your teaching Meditation, may I ask, do you have certain guided meditations that you have written or that you use ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I was re- reading your topic and I was wondering, how does Reiki know where to go if one is wanting a healing for a specific area ? And can one actually feel the Reiki or how does one know that it is working ?
Reki knows where to go because it goes everywhere. If Reiki would not be in your finger tips or foot then the tips or the foot would fall off, which means it is already, and always, there.
One knows that Reiki is working when one feels better, happier, content, at peace more than before. It doesn't really matter how this is achieved, a Reiki treatment or the medicine which your doctor may prescribe, because the medicine also contains Reiki.

IMO, one of the major problems in the Reiki community is that Reiki people want Reiki to be special, and of course much better than anything else. It isn't. It is plain ordinary, it even happens without us doing anything at all.

The point of Reiki practice and treatment is to manage this 'energy' to our benefit, for greater wisdom and health for oneself and others.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you pre-dawn for your reply. Not sure I go along with the idea of the Reiki being in medicine -

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by Adrienne : 05-09-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thank you pre-dawn for your reply. Not sure I go along with the idea of the Reiki being in medicine -
Qi is in food, Qi is in the earth, the sky, the air and water, in herbs, beer and wine, although we may no hear about the latter 2 too often. If it is an all these things why should medicine be an exception?

You may have noted that I put 'energy' in quotation marks, because Reiki is much more than 'energy', it is amongst many more things an attitude, a belief, a way of meeting life, a way of relating. All these things are really Reiki too. They can give us 'energy' or not, the form part of the great web of existence.

To set Reiki apart from other things is the great mistake of Reiki today.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 AM
justreal

Where kind if find Reiki exercises online? or books?