Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
For me there is only one thing to do ...get into that place inside me that is filled with simple sincerity.
(You think that is easy? Try it....hahahah.)
Then, ask God, my Divine Father/Creator for His Divine Love.

Whatever is the hardest thing for the ego to do, whatever you find big resistance to do...
is what will get you where you'd like to be...which is really just an uncovering.
If the above sounds too simple and the mind wants to pooh-pooh it...you can bet
that is the thing to do !

how does a person know they are connecting with the simple sincere part? What are the attributes and signs I should look for/feel?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I'm OK. I don't need rapid Spiritual development because I'm OK, and I realise that if I need rapid Spiritual development not only am I telling myself I'm not OK I'm telling myself I'm inadequate or lacking. I'm telling myself I don't Love myself any more because I'm not good enough and y'know, I've been doing that most of my Life.

Being OK with myself creates the space for other things to move into, simple common sense tells me that if my consciousness is full of fretting over inadequacy there's no room for anything else. It also lets me see what the Universe is showing me and brings the two of us into alignment. It's not what I look at that's important it's how I see it, and if everything goes past in a blur of motion?

The Universe is OK with me being OK with myself.

More rapid development for me. nom nom nom.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
Do you unconditionally accept the totality of REALITY just as it is beyond any opinions or narratives about it?

Thats a tough question to answer simply.

What do you consider reality to be? What do you consider "the totality of reality" to be? And by beyond narratives and opinions, do you mean something like "being aware without thinking about it"?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
The one that I used is finding a scared place. A place of focus and energy. It can be anyplace to you that is your proverbial temple some place you are drawn to. This was a new technique I found that aided me.

It could be your living room in stead of a church or other building that are equal. It basally realizing you can be spiritual anywhere where you are grounded and connected. Energy is so important.

Still I think old techniques serve us well.

You know this is New Age stuff.

I'm open minded about the pursuit for knowledge and consciousness. New age may be more perilous but it has treasures at the bottom of its seas just like tried and true ancient religions.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Thats a tough question to answer simply.

What do you consider reality to be? What do you consider "the totality of reality" to be? And by beyond narratives and opinions, do you mean something like "being aware without thinking about it"?

I suppose in this context, "the totality of reality" could be consider all that exists/occurring/unfolding in the Universe and in the world in general. Narratives and opinions could be consider various view points and perceptions that a person may hold about reality. In such a case perceiving reality through the lens of your personal story VS the ability to witness reality as it is are two different things. :)

"Being aware without thinking about it" as you said is an excellent example of this. For instance, everyone has their particularly set of world view and how they make sense and participate in the world. "Being aware without thinking about it" would be seeing the world as it is in its simplicity without being burdened by the thoughts and bias one might have. Therefore you are perceiving reality outside the confines of your conditioning and there is a complete and profound sense of silence, grace, peace, and acceptance.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I suppose in this context, "the totality of reality" could be consider all that exists/occurring/unfolding in the Universe and in the world in general. Narratives and opinions could be consider various view points and perceptions that a person may hold about reality. In such a case perceiving reality through the lens of your personal story VS the ability to witness reality as it is are two different things. :)

"Being aware without thinking about it" as you said is an excellent example of this. For instance, everyone has their particularly set of world view and how they make sense and participate in the world. "Being aware without thinking about it" would be seeing the world as it is in its simplicity without being burdened by the thoughts and bias one might have. Therefore you are perceiving reality outside the confines of your conditioning and there is a complete and profound sense of silence, grace, peace, and acceptance.

I don't know what it means to accept reality as it is without the egoistic narrative. I'm learning. I assume what you mean is to see from the enlightened perspective. To see reality without the concept of a self, to become reality basically. Right now I can do that with very limited success, for brief windows, I would consider that I do know how to do it when I do it all the time and without effort.

What I currently do is flip flop between seeing the narrative of others, seeing my narrative, and seeing without a narrative. I like it this way. I feel it gives the most amount of learning for where I currently am on my path. When I only tried to see without a narrative I failed. The more I learn about what my narrative is, by being aware of it, by letting it go, and by adopting the narrative of others, the better I can handle it.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know what it means to accept reality as it is without the egoistic narrative. I'm learning. I assume what you mean is to see from the enlightened perspective. To see reality without the concept of a self, to become reality basically. Right now I can do that with very limited success, for brief windows, I would consider that I do know how to do it when I do it all the time and without effort.

What I currently do is flip flop between seeing the narrative of others, seeing my narrative, and seeing without a narrative. I like it this way. I feel it gives the most amount of learning for where I currently am on my path. When I only tried to see without a narrative I failed. The more I learn about what my narrative is, by being aware of it, by letting it go, and by adopting the narrative of others, the better I can handle it.

That sounds like a wonderful way to develop compassion and empathy. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 02-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
A good staring realization.
Most could use a clean slate away from the 'I'm not worthy' mentality, which is often what triggers a perceived need for Spiritual growth. Your Spirituality begins and ends with yourself and when you know that better your Spirituality makes more sense. What are the reasons you (wider you) want Spiritual growth and what does it mean to you?

Often too many answers and far too few questions.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
More rapid development for me. nom nom nom.
That's the irony of Spiritual development, 'rapid', 'Spiritual' and 'development' are pretty relative. The understanding there is what are the reasons they matter so much to you, and that they matter at all?
Old 02-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't know what it means to accept reality as it is without the egoistic narrative. I'm learning.

Sometimes putting oneself 2nd is how it feels to me. Again, how dose one achieve this! Once you answer this, as in any question, you can begin. It's kinda surprising, it's in what we don't do. Anyway, this is what I have seen and fit's me. Who knows if it's real....