Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-08-2017, 03:17 AM
Master

Truth and the pursuit of connection.

There may always be something hidden that contradicts what is considered to be a fact or true so those ideas are best disgarded. What we are left with is what resonates without having the burden of first having to establish whether it is true or not. If the idea that truth can be known is not trancended it remains a major barrier to ending feeling disconnected, impossible to permanantly overcome. Once trancended however, when the hidden comes to light, it is not regarded as truth so the basis of the resonance, in this case that all is oneness manifest and disconnection therefore impossible. does not have to be ditched. The idea that all is one is already madness in the sense that it flies in the face of our experience of things feeling very solidly separate. So best not try to prove it despite the best efforts of quantum physics:)
Old 23-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Master
My eye sees, generally, what your eye sees. Truth can be relative or absolute.

My mind has a view that's all mine alone. Minds, it could be said, are independent of reality but supported by the one source?

So, if so..what my mind experiences originate's from the one source but is not an absolute Fact. or is it?. Could this not all be a fantasy of mine?

Facts, fantasy, and truths?

However, we... slice it...I am.

Personally I don't know about you.

Maybe it's nothing like this at all.??

Are we looking through a mirror of some kind. Light and reflections...

Who is looking?
Old 23-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Suspended
Ascender

We all are one in endless chatter.
Old 23-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
My eye sees, generally, what your eye sees. Truth can be relative or absolute.

My mind has a view that's all mine alone. Minds, it could be said, are independent of reality but supported by the one source?

So, if so..what my mind experiences originate's from the one source but is not an absolute Fact. or is it?. Could this not all be a fantasy of mine?

Facts, fantasy, and truths?

However, we... slice it...I am.

Personally I don't know about you.

Maybe it's nothing like this at all.??

Are we looking through a mirror of some kind. Light and reflections...

Who is looking?

One theory is that mind can create holograms which operate on all the sense so we cant put our hand through the kitchen table even though the table is not there.
Old 23-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Ascender

I think this is an interesting thread Iamit.
My two penny worth of thought is-or should that be are?-that there is a logic in the statement that "all is one". Maybe that is no more than tautology however.In any case that does not constitute "proof",certainly not proof in the manner of scientific method to which we have become accustomed. Perhaps the truth is that the oneness of all cannot be proven by objective reasoning because that would necessitate the observer being outside of all which is--not possible. Perhaps all--and it is much--that can be revealed is through the experience of being of the whole. Not as an academic exercise but as a total submersion with all which that entails with regard to relationship and harmony.
--and often stumbling. petex
Old 23-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
I think this is an interesting thread Iamit.
My two penny worth of thought is-or should that be are?-that there is a logic in the statement that "all is one". Maybe that is no more than tautology however.In any case that does not constitute "proof",certainly not proof in the manner of scientific method to which we have become accustomed. Perhaps the truth is that the oneness of all cannot be proven by objective reasoning because that would necessitate the observer being outside of all which is--not possible. Perhaps all--and it is much--that can be revealed is through the experience of being of the whole. Not as an academic exercise but as a total submersion with all which that entails with regard to relationship and harmony.
--and often stumbling. petex

The attractive aspect of All is One is that it ends the feeling of disconnection if the mind resoates with it. There are a number of stumbling blocks in the way however depending on what sort of character you are. For example is it offensive to you that Oneness must not only be the abused but also the abuser?
Old 24-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Ascender

Hello Iamit. I believe that oneness simply is. petex
Old 24-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Hello Iamit. I believe that oneness simply is. petex

It appears that you have a resonance with All is One. Is there anything of yourself, or outside of yourself, such as your own suffering or the suffering of others, that you regard as not Oneness manifest?
Old 24-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Ascender

Hello Iamit. I am thinking that we may have quite different ideas about "oneness" since your questioning of me in last two posts here do not seem to me to relate to how I think of "oneness"--which you may not consider as "oneness" at all. I would be pleased to learn of your thoughts regarding "oneness". Thanks petex
Old 24-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello Iamit. I am thinking that we may have quite different ideas about "oneness" since your questioning of me in last two posts here do not seem to me to relate to how I think of "oneness"--which you may not consider as "oneness" at all. I would be pleased to learn of your thoughts regarding "oneness". Thanks petex

When I use the term Oneness I am not referring to some kind of entity but that the very solid looking appearance of different things that we see around us, are not the many separate looking things they appear to be. but are instead All One. This of course includes ourselves. That idea has severe implications for the spiritual search because disconnection from that Oneness would be impossible, so you would already be totally connected to Oneness in the state you are already in, even when feeling disconnected, for it must already be Oneness feeling disconnected!

If that idea resonates with you, consider the questions I have asked with that meaning of Oneness in mind.