Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 14-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It occurs to me that people feel different sensations all the time whether healing or not, so if the hand tingles it doesn't mean squat, because it might just tingle because one focuses on it where they were previouslt attending to other things.

Try it. Close eyes and feel the hand for one minute...

WHAT ? I have this hand tingling sensations on occasion, different occassions. And here I thought I was getting messages from spirit that they were with me ? or receiving healing ? What a way to start the day

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
It makes little difference what the ‘healer’ feels, so long as they sing the song of healing all that matters is what the client hears, if the client hears the song of healing they will remember how to be whole and heal themselves. If the ‘healer’ stands in doubt, then the song will falter and the result will be inaction, have faith in yourself and if you truly wish for feedback do not look to your hands or to the experiences of others, ask the client, they are the ones who hear the song – if they heal it does not matter what temperature your hands experience.
This is one of the reasons why self-healing is so important, for it is during self-healing that the client and the ‘healer’ are one and the same, if you have experienced self-healing then there should be no doubt, if you have not then that is what you should seek first. Love and compassion, even for yourself are the means to successful healing, focus on those, live the precepts and all will follow.

love
chris

More on the song and precepts on my blog

oh oh, if one has to sing ... then that's it, lol ... out of the question

and how does one practice self healing, when there is doubt that it works ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 15-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Reikichris

"and how does one practice self healing, when there is doubt that it works ? "

Doubt is only expelled by evidence - evidence is gained over a period of time when the outcomes are such that it becomes obvious that things are connected - practise self-healing, follow the precepts, work at it persistently, eventually doubt will fade and certainty will take over. It is part of the journey.

love
chris
Old 15-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
WHAT ? I have this hand tingling sensations on occasion, different occassions. And here I thought I was getting messages from spirit that they were with me ? or receiving healing ? What a way to start the day

If I stop other things and only pay attention to what my hand feels like, it tingles, and that doesn't mean anything, it just feels the way it does and examining it more closely reveals much finer details of the sensation.

I don't think that's a reason for a (sad icon)
Old 15-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Deactivated Account

is this better ?

actually, it is obvious my hands are different from yours, and the sensations one feels are also different, so I will stay with my original thoughts... and believe as I believe

Expect Miracles !

Old 15-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
is this better ?

actually, it is obvious my hands are different from yours, and the sensations one feels are also different, so I will stay with my original thoughts... and believe as I believe

Ok. If that is reason to smile then good. I don't really think of anything as to meanings or what it might be. I just observe it to be the way it happens to be.

I did use tingles as an example, but when one stops and just feels a hand, what it feels like is constantly changing. It isn't noticed if the attention is on something else, but when all else is ignored and only the hand is felt, a lot of sensational detail is noticed... and it can be warm or tingle or throb or vibrate or feel ike ants are walking on it, can feel like anything, but it's always changing.

I just say try it, close eyes and feel one hand for a minute or two.
Old 20-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
"and how does one practice self healing, when there is doubt that it works ? "

Doubt is only expelled by evidence - evidence is gained over a period of time when the outcomes are such that it becomes obvious that things are connected - practise self-healing, follow the precepts, work at it persistently, eventually doubt will fade and certainty will take over. It is part of the journey.

love
chris

Thank you Reikichris , sorry I missed this.

Expect Miracles !