Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
The problem with Christianity is that it is an incredibly confused religion. It has been patched together from bits and pieces of other religions and even the church fathers often don't understand how they fit together.

I personally think that Kundalini and Christianity are like oil and water, they just don't mesh together very well. However, if I had to put the experience of Kundalini awakening in a Christian context, it would go something like this:

In the concept of the Holy Trinity, we have the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Notice anything missing? Yep, the mother, the Goddess so to speak. You obviously can't have a Son and a Father, without a mother. This used to be in the Bible, the Goddess was known as the Queen of Heaven and was symbolised by a Dove. Eventually this morphed into the Holy Spirit. You can actually trace back the origins of the Queen of Heaven to Inanna-Ishtar, who was the primary pre-Christian Goddess of the Middle East and was usually depicted as half-human, half-dove.

This Goddess Energy is what is referred to as Kundalini Shakti in the East. The divine feminine is upward-flowing, the divine masculine, the Grace of God, is downward-flowing. When the two meet, One-ness, or non-Duality is achieved in the experience known as enlightenment. Those, in whom enlightenment is a permanent condition are depicted as permanently shining or with a halo around their head, otherwise known as saints, boddhisattvas, tirthankaras, etc...

That is the gist of it, but it is complicated by the fact, that in Christianity a deliberate effort was made to erase, even demonise the divine feminine part of the trinity. As a non-Christian, I'm not bothered by it, but anyone with a significant emotional investment in Christianity as it currently is, will have a tough time with it.

The concept of the Holy Trinity is to be understood as follows: That they are not three separate entities, but One. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. This Eternal Word is One, created all and contains all. The Eternal Word is the Father, He is the Son, He is the Holy Spirit. Lets think of Shakti for example, I do not know her forms, but let's say one form is Kali, another is Kwan Yin, another is Innana... One Shakti, yet various manifestations. Or Hekate; the maiden, mother and crone. Never at one time can we say that the maiden Hekate is different from the crone etc.

About the Holy Spirit is a female and God the Father being a male and they two came together and they had a Son... I think we should look into the origin of this duality called male-female. This of course comes from created things, from the earth. But if the physical body of a human is engendered, what of the Soul? The Soul has no gender, and likewise the spirit. Therefore, if the spirit of a human is genderless, what more the Creator? We dwelling in physical bodies that are engendered will relate according to our experiential range. Humans engender everything, kids giving sex to a teddy bear, even human language has some engendered words. Birth is a physical phenomenon, not a spiritual one. The Eternal Word is One and genderless if one is able to relate to This with ones own spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Eternal Word, and how The Spirit of that which created, sustains and encompasses all can live within a dualistic and limited man without having to work for it... is Grace. In Christainity, the Grace of God is His Holy Spirit.

I have not come into contact with anyone having been baptized in the Holy Spirit and Fire referring to Him as they're Mother. Not even myself, in my interactions with the Eternal Word have I come across this. Yes, in literature I have come across it, but never in my dealings with God. Maybe I'm still low on the path of The Way, and I do know I am not at all advanced, perhaps I need to grow. But having been in Kriya Yoga and Christianity, having tasted both paths; a bit of Kundalini shakti in the former and a bit of Holy Spirit in the latter, without a doubt, I can tell you that they are not at all the same.
Old 30-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
The concept of the Holy Trinity is to be understood as follows: That they are not three separate entities, but One. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. This Eternal Word is One, created all and contains all. The Eternal Word is the Father, He is the Son, He is the Holy Spirit. Lets think of Shakti for example, I do not know her forms, but let's say one form is Kali, another is Kwan Yin, another is Innana... One Shakti, yet various manifestations. Or Hekate; the maiden, mother and crone. Never at one time can we say that the maiden Hekate is different from the crone etc.

About the Holy Spirit is a female and God the Father being a male and they two came together and they had a Son... I think we should look into the origin of this duality called male-female. This of course comes from created things, from the earth. But if the physical body of a human is engendered, what of the Soul? The Soul has no gender, and likewise the spirit. Therefore, if the spirit of a human is genderless, what more the Creator? We dwelling in physical bodies that are engendered will relate according to our experiential range. Humans engender everything, kids giving sex to a teddy bear, even human language has some engendered words. Birth is a physical phenomenon, not a spiritual one. The Eternal Word is One and genderless if one is able to relate to This with ones own spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Eternal Word, and how The Spirit of that which created, sustains and encompasses all can live within a dualistic and limited man without having to work for it... is Grace. In Christainity, the Grace of God is His Holy Spirit.

I have not come into contact with anyone having been baptized in the Holy Spirit and Fire referring to Him as they're Mother. Not even myself, in my interactions with the Eternal Word have I come across this. Yes, in literature I have come across it, but never in my dealings with God. Maybe I'm still low on the path of The Way, and I do know I am not at all advanced, perhaps I need to grow. But having been in Kriya Yoga and Christianity, having tasted both paths; a bit of Kundalini shakti in the former and a bit of Holy Spirit in the latter, without a doubt, I can tell you that they are not at all the same.

Like I said, trying to express Kundalini concepts in Christian terms is highly problematic, so I try not to go there, but the general outlines of my thesis, which you referred to above, may make a certain amount of sense to some people.

However, it would be remiss of me, not to point out the areas where the two are clearly in conflict with one another. You mentioned some, but the major one for me would be the Christian concept of Satan as the Serpent of the Garden of Eden, wrapped around the tree of life. Many Christians also consider everything connected to Eastern Mysticism as Satanic. Tantra in particular, with its sexual elements would be seen as thoroughly unacceptable to Christians.

My own view and please don't take offence, is this:

Jesus Christ never lived and never existed. That is pretty much a historical fact. His attributes and myths connected to him were "borrowed" from other religions. The entire Christian religion was probably made up by Josephus, well after Jesus was supposed to have lived, to pacify the rebellious Jews. There is no historical record of such a man having lived at all. The entire Christian religion is a hoax and has no true spiritual component, except for little bits and pieces that survived from other religions and cults it was based on. I don't say this lightly, but it is my conclusion, having carefully examined the evidence. Ditto for Islam, another fake religion that was largely borrowed from other sources.

I'm not saying this to cause controversy or antagonise anyone, I'm simply stating what I believe to be the most likely scenario, based on the available evidence. So, I do think that Christianity contains fragments and morsels of the Truth, if you look really hard for it, but overall it is a futile endeavour, because of the fragmented and arbitrary nature of how the gospels were written and selected. Most remain apocryphal. I would maintain that if you want to find out the Truth about how things really are, you will have to consult other sources or you'll just be lost in confusion.
Old 30-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:

' The concept of the Holy Trinity is to be understood as follows '

Do you realize that, even though it is a common assumption among many Christians the word trinity does not appear anywhere in the bible In fact, the word trinity did not come into common use as a religious term until centuries after the last books of the bible were completed. It was added on......
Old 30-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Like I said, trying to express Kundalini concepts in Christian terms is highly problematic, so I try not to go there, but the general outlines of my thesis, which you referred to above, may make a certain amount of sense to some people.

However, it would be remiss of me, not to point out the areas where the two are clearly in conflict with one another. You mentioned some, but the major one for me would be the Christian concept of Satan as the Serpent of the Garden of Eden, wrapped around the tree of life. Many Christians also consider everything connected to Eastern Mysticism as Satanic. Tantra in particular, with its sexual elements would be seen as thoroughly unacceptable to Christians.

My own view and please don't take offence, is this:

Jesus Christ never lived and never existed. That is pretty much a historical fact. His attributes and myths connected to him were "borrowed" from other religions. The entire Christian religion was probably made up by Josephus, well after Jesus was supposed to have lived, to pacify the rebellious Jews. There is no historical record of such a man having lived at all. The entire Christian religion is a hoax and has no true spiritual component, except for little bits and pieces that survived from other religions and cults it was based on. I don't say this lightly, but it is my conclusion, having carefully examined the evidence. Ditto for Islam, another fake religion that was largely borrowed from other sources.

I'm not saying this to cause controversy or antagonise anyone, I'm simply stating what I believe to be the most likely scenario, based on the available evidence. So, I do think that Christianity contains fragments and morsels of the Truth, if you look really hard for it, but overall it is a futile endeavour, because of the fragmented and arbitrary nature of how the gospels were written and selected. Most remain apocryphal. I would maintain that if you want to find out the Truth about how things really are, you will have to consult other sources or you'll just be lost in confusion.

I do believe a Person who was named Jesus did actually exist and was ' Enlightened ' as for the rest I have an open mind.

Christianity does have a missmash of various Ancient/Pagan belief systems. The Roman Catholic Mass has similarities to Pagan Worship....
Old 30-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Notice anything missing? Yep, the mother, the Goddess so to speak. You obviously can't have a Son and a Father, without a mother. This used to be in the Bible, the Goddess was known as the Queen of Heaven and was symbolised by a Dove. Eventually this morphed into the Holy Spirit. You can actually trace back the origins of the Queen of Heaven to Inanna-Ishtar, who was the primary pre-Christian Goddess of the Middle East and was usually depicted as half-human, half-dove.

God's consort, Asherah, is mentioned in the Bible several times. A description of Asherah is hard to obtain from First and Second Kings which was a reformation in which the Kingdom of Judea clobbered the Northern Kingdom of Israel who worshiped Asherah. Archaeology completes the picture of Asherah. Statues found of Asherah is a woman and in many cases a woman with a penis.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Master
Goddess Ninkharsag—Ancient Powerful Mother who Faded into The Holy Ghost

A very interesting article that might help us all to come to terms with the history of the old testament. Please read...

https://www.ancient-origins.net/myth...y-ghost-002809
Old 30-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Master

Quote:

I hear you, I wouldn't want to lightly say other paths can experience the same Holy Spirit as Jesus revealed. I suspect that it may be, but wouldn't be mainstream within those other traditions and possibly rare. Just as it was rare in Jesus's time until he threw off the covers
Take Islam. Within Sufi Islam there appears to be a kind of spiritual experience similar to the Spirit. Was it Rumi who said "I don't know the direction of the beloved, I only know the sound of a ringing bell is approaching". That is Holy Spirit language as far as I know. And the oppression of Sufi's seems like spiritual warfare against the truth
As for Kundalini not being the same. I know there is a false spirit. I don't know if there is more than one. The Holy Spirit I know doesn't have anything to do with the descriptions I hear of Kundalini. But you would think the Shakti path would have branches that get it right. I simply don't know enough about it
Old 31-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
God's consort, Asherah, is mentioned in the Bible several times. A description of Asherah is hard to obtain from First and Second Kings which was a reformation in which the Kingdom of Judea clobbered the Northern Kingdom of Israel who worshiped Asherah. Archaeology completes the picture of Asherah. Statues found of Asherah is a woman and in many cases a woman with a penis. [/size][/font][/center]

Thanks. I was vaguely aware of Asherah. But this passage from her wikipedia page is quite revealing:

Quote:
Asherah is identified as the queen consort of the Sumerian god Anu, and Ugaritic ʾEl,[1] the oldest deities of their respective pantheons,[2] as well as Yahweh, the god of Israel and Judah.

I have actually known for a number of years that the Anunnaki and the Elohim, as well as the sons of God of the Bible, are one and the same. Not sure about Yahweh, but for sure El and Anu are the exact same sky gods and their respective wives were worshipped as the original mother Goddess of the middle east. Later, El/Anu and Asherah/Ninhursag sank into the background and their children and grandchildren became more prominent.
Old 31-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks. I was vaguely aware of Asherah. But this passage from her wikipedia page is quite revealing:

I have actually known for a number of years that the Anunnaki and the Elohim, as well as the sons of God of the Bible, are one and the same. Not sure about Yahweh, but for sure El and Anu are the exact same sky gods and their respective wives were worshipped as the original mother Goddess of the middle east. Later, El/Anu and Asherah/Ninhursag sank into the background and their children and grandchildren became more prominent.

El is mentioned in Hebrew numerous times in the Bible. Too bad El got translated as God/god in English.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.