Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Suspended
Need help learning how to pray

I know that god is/can be a source of anything we want if we ask.

The problem is, I think I don't know how to ask properly.

Please don't say there's no wrong way. My prayers this far have not worked. (Years of praying)

The things I want are inner strength, an endless inner peace, love in my life in the form of a girlfriend who loves me.

Do I pray to Jesus or God?
How do I start the prayer? Do I address him?
Is there a state of mind I have to be in?
How do I end the prayer?
How do I speak directly yo God, the creator of all good things, and have him fulfill my wishes?
Also does writing down prayers on paper work? How can I do that?
Is there a way to make sure my prayer is heard?
Can I make my prayers more powerful?

Thank you so much.
Much love.
-A
Old 24-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesta
My prayers this far have not worked. (Years of praying)

Aesta,

A difficult request to answer. I hope there are others who can help you. The older I have become, the more difficult it is to pray for specific things. My prayers....my communication with God......usually end up with thoughts of gratitude and thanksgiving. They nearly always end with the utterance of 'thy will be done'. One thing I am thankful for is all of my prayers that have not worked. Success, wealth, happiness(by earthly standards) have eluded me when they were practically in hand. I can look back and see that things played out in such a way that served a greater purpose. I perceive that you are younger than I am and a response such as this will seem quite useless to you. Perhaps others can help you in a way that is clearer and of more immediate use to you. Good luck.
Old 24-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Master

Your prayers can only work if you have faith, showing gratitude is one way to create that.
Old 25-02-2016, 01:14 AM
You will enjoy the book, "Answered Prayer Guaranteed!"
by Frederick Price.

It covers every type of prayer, according to the Bible.
Very researched.
Yes, there are different types of prayer!

My whole life I have only had one prayer not answered...but there
were other influences involved...outta my control.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Master
Need help learning how to pray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesta
I know that god is/can be a source of anything we want if we ask.

The problem is, I think I don't know how to ask properly.

Please don't say there's no wrong way. My prayers this far have not worked. (Years of praying)

The things I want are inner strength, an endless inner peace, love in my life in the form of a girlfriend who loves me.

Do I pray to Jesus or God?
How do I start the prayer? Do I address him?
Is there a state of mind I have to be in?
How do I end the prayer?
How do I speak directly yo God, the creator of all good things, and have him fulfill my wishes?
Also does writing down prayers on paper work? How can I do that?
Is there a way to make sure my prayer is heard?
Can I make my prayers more powerful?

Thank you so much.
Much love.
-A

Aesta,

Consider that the very post you've provided herein is, itself, a prayer for answers, isn't it?

In your post (i.e. prayer) you have have clearly specified what you seek, yes?

The right way to pray is to do so KNOWING BEFOREHAND that the answer to your prayer EXISTS BEFOREHAND.

Consider also how this "before you ask" attitude correlates to what the Bible states about it in Matthew 7:7-8:

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…

How ? Because...

....what you ask for already exists SO IT CAN BE GIVEN to you.

....what you seek already exists SO YOU CAN FIND IT.

....when you knock, the door already exists SO YOU CAN OPEN IT.

Why ? Because as mentioned ..."For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…"

Do you see ?

When considered in this expectant way, the most powerful prayer is the one made KNOWING that the very Power Who created the Universe, and Who created a being, such as you, fully capable of asking for whatever you need...

...that Omnipotent Power Itself becomes the loving fulfillment of that need.

"Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear"
Isaiah 65:24

Don't believe me ?

Take a deep breath, if you will. Then let it out.

Consider that it is not from want of a "better prayer technique" that stymies the fulfillment of our needs....it is from lack of awareness and conscious (eyes wide open) use of the immutable Principles by which one recognizes that what we "want" is already, always present and available.

....exactly like the availability of air (prayer answered) PRECEDES your need to breathe it (prayer request)....or you would not even be able to pray (breathe) at all.

Hope this, and the references below, helps you understand that the answers to your prayers exist WHILE you are yet speaking (breathing).

....just as these respondents to your post existed before you asked for assistance.

Pray KNOWING!

....Breathe....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...33&postcount=3

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=10
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 25-02-2016, 03:42 AM
Guide

How can inner strength and inner peace come from the outside?
Old 25-02-2016, 03:52 AM
Master

I've heard that sometimes God doesn't directly give a specified thing.

God then gives something else which makes the specified thing easier achievable with some physical effort and the use of intelligence from the person involved.
Old 25-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Well Met

Prayer can be a very tricky thing to get to grips with. the problem is,we have been taught in error,how to pray,and simply put,"religious prayers" just do not work. We have been taught that this thing we pray to, is outiside of us,beyond us. we have been taught that we need all manner of rituals,special worlds,worshipful phrases and supplications - we have been taught that we need a "priest" to lead us in this endeavour - and all this,is entirely opposite to that which Christ said.

In plain modern language - the Father is a MIND that CAUSES all creation to occur. WE have this same mind - the aim of prayer is to take THIS individual mind here,and make it to join with that greater Presence. He gave very clear and precise instructions how to achieve this - and again,it always come back to that central issue - the phenomena the religion calls the Holy Ghost. Prayer itself,is the INVOCATION of this Presence within. Above all mortal concern he said - KNOW THY SELF - for it is indeed,inside,this mind itself,that willl call forth this essential Divine Presence.

Aesta -
Quote:

The first two - inner strength and peace - are already yours - just not yet realised,as they are not to be found here at the SURFACE mind - but deep DEEP within your "subconscious" self - you have already abundant inner strength,inner peace,and a sure unbreakable foundation. The process He describes will uncover it and give it to you directly. The 3rd part though - "a girlfriend who loves me" - Im sure that actually you will find,you are wrong there in your desire. That is a surface mind desire - I believe what you actually want is someone who YOU can love fully - yes ? As He said,first,KNOW thy Self - make sure the things we accept and believe we desire,are ACTUALLY the things we really ACCEPT and really desire. Usually,we have deceived ourself,and followed someone elses deasires,unwittingly. This surface mind is full of such tricks and self deception,it doesnt even know its own truth mostly.

See your request from this "gods" perspective - you are asking for a SPECIFIC individual,who you can experience love with. But what if someone else ALSO desires that same specific individual.? Whats this "god" going to do now ? Share her among you both ? And see,you probably dont even need a SPECIFIC girlfriend,as said - the desire is to EXPRESS YOUR LOVE (it ALWAYS is for we ARE Love itself) - and your deep subconscious self,KNOWS this is the truth of the impulse,to express love. Not to receive love form another - but to express that which you already are. KNOW thy Self. As soon as you realise,you ARE love - then immediatly,you will allow yourself to ATTRACT that which you already beleive the Self to BE.

As discussed in great depth elsewhere - this is truly KARMA - and is UNSTOPPABLE - therefore - His direction,to first above all things know our own Selff - is absolutely vital to get this connection to work efficiently. When this mind here,is unified,then and only then does "prayer" become affective - for it is the inner union itself that literally calls forth,and allows that greater presence to be known - like a gateway opens within just as He says,and this Holy Ghost comes though. THIS is the legitimate connection to he Divine He said,and it is absolutely essential. When we manage to unify this mind then truly,we begin to have and hold our own Divine power,and creation itself begins to obey OUR Will - (thy will be done on Earth as in heaven) - He gave us the actual process to make this happen - we just need to make this inner connection first,open that gateway.

Quote:
Jesus said, "If two make peace with each other in a single house, they will say to the mountain, 'Move from here!' and it will move."

Take this surface mind,merge it with the subconscious mind,and thus,miracles happen,the world out there begins to obey your Will - prayers become answered,often immediatly. It all depends ALWAYS on SELF BELIEF - KARMA is unstoppable - thus FAITH in Him and His truth,is paramount - TRUST that what He said is legitimate - or else by your own LACK of belief,you will sabotage your creation.

Quote:
Whoever has something in hand will be given more, and whoever has nothing will be deprived of even the little they have."

Quote:
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you."

As we see,He has a lot indeed,to say about this essential connection,how to gain it,what to expect - this invoking the Holy Ghost,is ACTUAL PRAYER - actual communion,mortal mind directly to the Divine. He aims to take us to a state of mind,where this is "ever present",where we dont have to "stop and pray" because the connection is always there,open,fully available. We have been taught that "prayer" is something we must stop and do - a ritual or repeated words given from others that we must adopt parrot fashion - but all this is totally opposite to the teaching He gave. Prayer is COMMUNION,and it is supposed to be a continuous,unbroken communion,always.

He had a LOT to say about it. He said actually,despite what some think or have been taught to accept - there is only ONE WAY TO PRAY - and it is NEVER a public affair at all - never to be done in a temple or church - never to be led by others - no rituals,no repeated unnecassary phrases and not even worship or begging supplications...NONE IF IT - He said very clearly,avoid all that temple aspect entirely,for it is useless,done for mans benefit,so that we may "look pious",look spiritual to our fellow man - but He said it has no barring at all,on how Our Father will deal with us,and so,the temple is a distraction and a direct hinderance that should always be avoided.

Totally forget then ALL those religious prayers,catechisms and devotions - USELESS He said. At the surface perhaps,they allow you to hold a certain focus of mind - but see and understand - it is ONLY a surface mind focus,and this simply will not get the task of legitimate communion completed. First things first then,He said shun the temple and priest - avoid them - lead you astray always He warned. Instead,when you pray - go alone into a solitary place and close the door. Do not let the world intrude. Close it all off,and seek inwards. We must take this surface mind,right down into that subconscious realm,through it,to find a place of secret empty silence. This is not just words He spoke - this is an ACTUAL PROCESS that any one of us can follow and get identical results.

Deep within the mind,yes,such a void empty place exists - and with practice and determination,we can find it,and encounter this Presence He speaks of,DIRECTLY.

Quote:
49. Jesus said, "Congratulations to those who are alone and chosen, for you will find the kingdom. For you have come from it, and you will return there again."
50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.'
If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.'
If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

ALONE and chosen - you cannot find this connection whilst sitting in a church listening to someone else tell you "how it is". You must seek it in this solitary,secret manner. He says those who follow this way,will find the Kingdom and understand they have found the SOURCE of their very Creation. You are FROM this Source and will now return their again. Again,this is CRUCIAL - KARMA - beleifs literally CAUSE your creation to happen.

Religious prayers do NOT lead to this legitimate source - they lead to the "god of the religion" and this is NOT what Christ is speaking about. Religious prayers can ONLY lead to the one you BELIEVE to BE "god" - religious prayers AIMED at that specific god,can ONLY tie your mind here TO that god and that god alone. KARMA IS unstoppable. So if you follow the religions half truth,you will NEVER encounter this legitimate Source for the Self.

Hence He said,shun that religion,avoid its temples and priests who will always lead you astray. Seek ALWAYS this legitimate inner communion. You will know when you achieve it - as He says,a "light will come into being and establish itself" - and again,this is a real world actual phenomena that ACTUALLY happens and that many of us have experienced directly for our Selves. And I do mean MANY - pick any given spiritual encounter,NDE or OOBE for example - and it is almost a guarantee that somewhere within the description,it will mention a "tunnel of light" that the person entered and encountered the spiritual worlds. These tunnels of light,are very very real - gateways to other dimensions. We trigger them WITHIN - just as He says - MOTION AND REST - the turbulant ever moving surface mind,must be taken down to the silent restful state below - thus the gateway is triggered - the mind becomes filled with Divine Light,and the worlds beyond open up to our perception.

Not just pretty sounding words and empty platitudes such as the religion offers - but an actual bona fide,universal method that ANYONE can employ - linking mortal mind directly to the Divine,though that inner gateway we already contain. To get "prayer" to work effectively - we MUST FIRST unify the mind in this manenr. The surface mind,simply does not know truth and will always lead us astray unless we have that Presence as guidance. it is then useless and pointless to pray for specific outcomes,because simply,you dont even know what is needed or crucially,what is INTENDED. The surface mind knows only what is at the surface and apparant - it has no clue about the deeper realities and hidden truths that spawned it,and so cannot be used for such guidance at all.

Christ knew all this - so He said - avoid all the external sources,seek only this inner Presence - only it knows truth He said,for it is the LEGITIMATE connection that allows you DIRECTLY to commune with Source. No religion,doctrine ritual or catechism is ever needed - no priest clergy teacher guru middleman is EVER needed - just this inner realisation of who and what you already are - a LIVING part of the Fathers ETERNAL spirit. Come to know this through this inner seeking - Know this about your Self as a core foundational embedded and directly experienced truth - gnosis - have faith in the things Christ said - follow His method,and results are guaranteed.

There is only one way to pray properly - and it is not done on your knees weak and submissive. It is done with full intent and purpose,understanding that Iam taking mortal mind and joining the Divine right here,right now. There MUST be this understanding that mortal mind knows NOTHING AT ALL on its own - so seek to empty it,and ALLOW that which is shown anew to have presidence. Have FAITH and trust this new Presence above all else. Cultivate it to be available at all times,and see the world out there,will naturally follow your bidding. He essentially s******* all forms of religious prayers - and replaced them all with a SINGLE one that He said,if we must use such words for focus,then say this prayer and this prayer alone - Our Father - a single simple instruction that covers every need and circumstance we encounter - a generic prayer that asks for nothing in particular,yet guarantees we get that which we desire. Words said at the surface mind MUST reflect core INTENTION held at the deeper levels of Self or the prayer is useless.

Our Father Who art in Heaven - ( Divine Invisible spirit that Causes creation)
Hallowed Be Thy name - ( I acknowledge your Divine Holiness)
Thy Kingdom come - (I call you to me now,let us join)
Thy WILL be done on earth as in heaven - ( I admit my ignorance and fully submit and accept your guidance)
Give us this day our daily bread - ( generic none specific request to provide any and all things that we may ever need even when we still dont actually know just what that will be)
Forgive us our trespass - (make allowance for our inherant ignorance of self)
As we forgive others who trespass against us - (remind us of this inherant ignorance and apply it to these others as we do ourself EQUALLY for we are all ignorant of this truth)
Deliver us from evil and lead us not into temptation - (further acknowledgement of our own Self ignorance and further commitment to follow this new guidance fully)
For THINE is the Kingdom power and the glory ( acknowldgement that all things come from this one true Source of it All)
Now and forever Amen - (acknowldgement that we are communing with the legitimate and eternal Source,and that we state this prayer with our own Self authority,freely chosen )

Actually - AMEN - indeed a statement that says "I mean what is said to be a firm authority of my INTENT and desire" - means literally,"as it is written (spoken) so shall it BE" - Amen - is a COMMAND - like pressing the "enter" key on your keyboard. Really,it should be said first - Amen,(what follows is a statement of INTENTION).

Thats pretty crucial to understand. INTENTION - you are NOT begging pleading or grovelling to a "greater god". You are INTENDING to BECOME a LIVING part of that god again. When we say - amen - it should be done with authority,always. This prayer is your core intention - a disclosing and revealing of Self right at the foundation. Christ KNOWS that we DONT KNOW who and what we are - so he gave us this one single generic prayer - and as we see,it covers all circumstances of life,brings us that which is needed always,even before we realise it is even needed at all.

He said if we must pray words and phrases,then use this prayer and only this prayer. KARMA - mind and the beliefs you hold determine always,the creation of your existance. Use THIS prayer and this prayer alone He said - It is AIMED at the SOURCE of creation DIRECTLY,acknowldges THAT source and ONLY that source - whereas other religious prayers,are aimed at the source of religion and the god(s) they serve - not Our Father Source of them All. For prayer to be affective - we must first come to know who and what this Source of creation actually IS - and of course - who and what we ARE the Self. His entire teaching delivers these truths side by side and joins them as one universal wisdom - find the Self in this manner,start this communion,and Our Father becomes fully revealed in the process. As the process unfolds - prayer - communion - becomes more and more permanant - falth allowance,acceptance,bring union with the Divine - for as He said explicitly - we are to actually and literally BECOME the Christ,and have this Holy Presence fully available always.
Old 25-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Master
Prayer does brings comfort to lots of people, I personally have never used prayers of supplication, I trust that whatever happens in my life is for a reason and " so be it "

When times get tough I just say a few little words and they bring comfort...MY FATHER AND I ARE ONE....

Each to their own though....
Old 25-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Well Met

CBS;
Quote:
How can inner strength and inner peace come from the outside

Yes exactly - seems ridiculous doesnt it ? Aside from the contradictory statement I mean..lol..But actually - I mean we have been taught to look in entirely the wrong places for this "god". if mind causes all creation - and it does Christ said - then obviously,having a mind that believes this god is always external out there somewhere unknown,will ALWAYS mean that the mind creates SEPERATION from that god. It cant create anything BUT seperaton,as the mind BELIEVES it is indeed seperate. Hence,the religion is a fatal flaw in terms of spiritual advancement,for it teaches,reinforces this seperation always - along with insistance that we need THEM to intercede and fill the gap of course.

I keep emphasising it because it is vitally imortant - Karma - truly - MIND causes all creation - we have that same mind and ability. Karma is this natural creative talent,and is not at all a "past or future" phenomena but is always a hands on moment to moment unfolding of dynamic creation that never ends. Its not a consequence of past actions that need balancing - nor it is future reward or punishment for this life here - but Karma,is the unfolding of MIND to cause MATERIAL manifestation of that intent. It is CONTINUOUS - unstoppable - so if we have a background belief in place,then CONTINUALLY we will reinfoce its creation. Hence,the religion fails to deliver on its promises of unity with god,as simply,the religion has promoted always seperation from god and that is all our beliefs allow us to achieve - no communion - unfulfilled,unanswered prayers.

The religion will teach you to get on your knees and beg and bow down to worship this great power to please give you your request - the great power itself will then demand some things from you that always entail giving the religion and its god more authority over your very life - complete authority is demanded - and then - perhaps - if you are seen as worthy,then maybe there will be reward. Always,we are taught to be seperate and unworthy - and so by our own beliefs that is the life we create and accept for ourselves.

Again,Christ says the complete opposite. No matter who you are or what station in society you now hold,or what others have dictated that you should be - regardless of it all - This great power is your birthright He said,and you ALREADY have it hdden within. Uncover it and CLAIM it fully. MASTER your Self and take that power back. And look - the prayer Our Father - does exactly that. He really is a genius. It makes us the master of our own Self - a WHOLE Self under full and sole guidance of our own eternal nature. Where the religion bought seperation - He brings complete unity. There is no begging supplication,for you ARE the Father,eternal nature. These are not requests that we make when we pray - its more like a shopping list - like reminding the Self to pick up the milk and other essential things.

Prayer is as said a communion,a rejoining with - a re memberance of - that which we always Are. No begging,grovelling worshipping the Self as this god that you are a living part of - just a full recognition and full acceptance of that which we already have.