Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
Fair enough. Who knows why they do it. But its still possible that they are religious.

Probably not in the sense we humans are though. Maybe a simple form of religious behavior. But animals aren't so complex so maybe its not religious behavior but something else and unknown. In all seriousness i don't know what to think. If we only could ask them...

As far as I know / believe there is an evolvement progression of consciousness:
instincts >>> emotions >>> intellect >>> intuition

There is an overlap that may extend more than to the adjacent stages, but each grand stage of evolvement (in physical, and likely beyond) is centered on one of these stages.

Plants are starting to develop instincts, even rudimentary emotions.

Animals are centered on instincts, and starting to develop emotions, even rudimentary intellect.

Humans mostly mastered instincts, are centered on emotions, developing intellect, even rudimentary intuition.

Surely, not all plants are on the same level, not all animals on the same level, not all humans on the same level.

I believe that not only humans, but animals can get in some altered states of consciousness, and possibly plants too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-08-2019, 05:14 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Surely, not all plants are on the same level, not all animals on the same level, not all humans on the same level.

I believe that not only humans, but animals can get in some altered states of consciousness, and possibly plants too.

Plants can become affected by what we say (this is my own experience). I wonder whether plants are territorial. When it looks like one of my plants is trying to hold down one of the other plants and take their space then i am forced to ask the reason for this. I also observed how my plants lean towards the sun.

I'm curious about whether you think plants lean towards the sun because of instinct or because of both instinct and some type of understanding about their needs or wants?

Also great post by the way.
Old 24-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Plants can become affected by what we say (this is my own experience). I wonder whether plants are territorial. When it looks like one of my plants is trying to hold down one of the other plants and take their space then i am forced to ask the reason for this. I also observed how my plants lean towards the sun.

I'm curious about whether you think plants lean towards the sun because of instinct or because of both instinct and some type of understanding about their needs or wants?

Thanks.

Never thought about that, but I'd say that they're trying to get as much light / energy they can. I'm not sure if that's instinct, or physiological response, on the same lines with the eye pupil's reaction to light.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Master
Some aliens on a far away planet are discussing this very moment if people on this planet are atheist!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Humans have what is wrongly referred to as the 'lizard brain', whose job it is to look after our survival. The skin also synthesises vitamin D from sunlight, which is why bookworm Spiritual people have vitamin D deficiencies. We're not so far apart from nature after all. In some cases Spirituality can be seen as a survival mechanism because for some, it's a way of escaping Life's traumas.

While the conscious mind is clever it's around 200ms behind the subconscious, and it's the 'committee' of the subconscious that's responsible for making the decisions. The conscious mind is aware of it after they've been made. If you think about what's going on when you talk, you don't actually plan a conversation. You might plan to have one or what you might say, but what comes out of your mouth is automatic in the main. The chances are pretty good that you being Spiritual came from your subconscious mind and that you derive some benefit from it - even something to help you through the day.

All those threads that wax so Spiritual about The Light? The Light is an avatar of the Jungian collective unconscious, and the reason we don't like the dark so much is because when we climbed out of the trees our small, squinty eyes weren't adapted for Life on the ground. It's a survival mechanism that has kept us alive since we were prey for lions, tigers and bears. Oh my.

And your needs and wants? Largely governed by your subconscious. Sorry, you were saying about instinct?
Old 26-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
Well, they might be, I don't think that they are aware of the Source/Creator. I believe that they just reflect on the I am concept, survival and don't overthink as probably most humans do.

What do you think about that?
But what if animals, plants and insects are all in a state of natural Nirvana? If someone is an a state of Nirvana does dies that make them atheist too? In Nirvana, aren't they beyond a belief of God or anything else? We don't know what flora and fauna are actually conscious of and really there's no way of finding out, so what is any discussion of what they're conscious of based on?

If the flora and fauna are in a state of natural Nirvana, wouldn't that be a kick up the pants for Spirituality who puts them at the bottom of the consciousness league?
Old 26-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Thanks.

Never thought about that, but I'd say that they're trying to get as much light / energy they can. I'm not sure if that's instinct, or physiological response, on the same lines with the eye pupil's reaction to light.

Interesting comparison between the eye pupil's reaction to light and that of plants sensitivity to light.
Old 26-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Strangerthanfiction

What i write in this post isn't of importance i had to edit it because i edited this post previously and the post after this one was a double post but its fixed now.
Old 26-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Humans have what is wrongly referred to as the 'lizard brain', whose job it is to look after our survival. The skin also synthesises vitamin D from sunlight, which is why bookworm Spiritual people have vitamin D deficiencies. We're not so far apart from nature after all. In some cases Spirituality can be seen as a survival mechanism because for some, it's a way of escaping Life's traumas.

While the conscious mind is clever it's around 200ms behind the subconscious, and it's the 'committee' of the subconscious that's responsible for making the decisions. The conscious mind is aware of it after they've been made. If you think about what's going on when you talk, you don't actually plan a conversation. You might plan to have one or what you might say, but what comes out of your mouth is automatic in the main. The chances are pretty good that you being Spiritual came from your subconscious mind and that you derive some benefit from it - even something to help you through the day.

All those threads that wax so Spiritual about The Light? The Light is an avatar of the Jungian collective unconscious, and the reason we don't like the dark so much is because when we climbed out of the trees our small, squinty eyes weren't adapted for Life on the ground. It's a survival mechanism that has kept us alive since we were prey for lions, tigers and bears. Oh my.

And your needs and wants? Largely governed by your subconscious. Sorry, you were saying about instinct?

I have vitamin D deficiency or atleast had. I haven't bought a new bottle. I love spending time reading on the internet so what you say makes lots of sense, after all we need vitamin D from the sun so staying inside doesn't help much.

Spirituality can be a survival mechanism but it also makes sense with all the evidence for it. If i had to choose between living in one of my rooms for all eternity or lose consciousness after this life ends then i would choose to live in one of my room for all eternity. In fact even if it was my own bathroom. Maybe i get notebooks and a pen to write my theories, otherwise i can think about existential questions without writing them down. I can perhaps use fantasy to make it funnier. Like for example maybe imagine i put different thoughts containing different theories in different containers which are stored in different beautiful locations aswell as the answers to these questions in other containers. The questions itself could be in different maps in containers with the maps having different colors for example green, blue, red and inside the maps a white cloud with a question mark and behind that cloud the question is written. Anything creative.

You said what comes out of the mouth is automatic in the main. Never knew that. Sounds good.

I often get help by things i say myself or write.

About the dark. I prefer autumn and winter over spring and summer. I love the dark. But i love even more when i can have my lamps in my apartment on and there is dark outside.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:

I had a Venus Flytrap and would watch the plant
'all of a sudden would capture an insect and then consume the insect'.
If we look a little bit more, we should be able to find other peculiar examples.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.