Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 30-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Newbie ;)

How can you tell synchronicity from coincidence?

Hi all--new to these boards; thanks in advance for reading.

I'm wondering if you have any tips for being able to distinguish synchronicity from coincidence, or knowing whether you're actually intuiting something or whether you're own desires are making you see what you want to see.

Specifically, I recently dated a person with whom I felt a very strong connection. I'm on all the dating apps, so I've got plenty of experience with what it feels like to not have a connection, but this was really something else. We had everything in common, even down to strange little details like identical freckles on the tips of our noses but nowhere else on our faces. We only dated for a few weeks, but now it's almost two months later, and I still can't get him out of my head. It's weird, because it's typically pretty easy for me to let someone go once I realize that it isn't meant to be. (When h broke it off, he kept saying how much he liked me and wanted to see me, even though he knew that it was not a good time for him to be dating).

In these past couple of months, I've felt that the thought of him has had a particular kind of live energy, like it keeps asserting itself in my field of vision and that I should hold the thought in my mind as closely as I can. I don't quite know how to put it.

As for the synchronicities, I've been seeing his name everywhere: Spotify keeps recommending artists with his name, a song titled with his name was the first to play on my iTunes shuffle, Netflix automatically played the trailer for a movie with his name. I've also been seeing 1's and 3's all over the place. (e.g., at 11:13, I had 11% battery on my phone, 11 unread Facebook messages, 13 voicemails, 1,113 e-mails, and 13 unread texts. Every number on my phone was either a 1 or a 3).

So do you think that these are actual synchronicities I should be paying attention to, or do you think I'm just especially vigilant for synchronicity because I want to see it--and him--so badly?

I've been doing a whole lot of work lately (meditation, writing, etc.) to be able to hear the still, small voice of my intuition and the universe, but I'm new and I don't quite trust myself to be able to tell the difference between an actual sign and my own will.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Old 03-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Master
You're expecting someone to tell you that you should, or should not reconnect with this person?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 03-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myblueisyourblue

I'm wondering if you have any tips for being able to distinguish synchronicity from coincidence, or knowing whether you're actually intuiting something or whether you're own desires are making you see what you want to see.

Specifically, I recently dated a person with whom I felt a very strong connection. I'm on all the dating apps, so I've got plenty of experience with what it feels like to not have a connection, but this was really something else. We had everything in common, even down to strange little details like identical freckles on the tips of our noses but nowhere else on our faces. We only dated for a few weeks, but now it's almost two months later, and I still can't get him out of my head. It's weird, because it's typically pretty easy for me to let someone go once I realize that it isn't meant to be. (When h broke it off, he kept saying how much he liked me and wanted to see me, even though he knew that it was not a good time for him to be dating).

In these past couple of months, I've felt that the thought of him has had a particular kind of live energy, like it keeps asserting itself in my field of vision and that I should hold the thought in my mind as closely as I can. I don't quite know how to put it.

As for the synchronicities, I've been seeing his name everywhere: Spotify keeps recommending artists with his name, a song titled with his name was the first to play on my iTunes shuffle, Netflix automatically played the trailer for a movie with his name. I've also been seeing 1's and 3's all over the place. (e.g., at 11:13, I had 11% battery on my phone, 11 unread Facebook messages, 13 voicemails, 1,113 e-mails, and 13 unread texts. Every number on my phone was either a 1 or a 3).

So do you think that these are actual synchronicities I should be paying attention to, or do you think I'm just especially vigilant for synchronicity because I want to see it--and him--so badly?

I've been doing a whole lot of work lately (meditation, writing, etc.) to be able to hear the still, small voice of my intuition and the universe, but I'm new and I don't quite trust myself to be able to tell the difference between an actual sign and my own will.

I'd say it's quite possible these are signs. But if they are. What then. The other person has to want this as much as you for it to work. It's upsetting but what can be done.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Just answering your title question....um. because there are no coincidences...
I am not making that up...there are no coincidences, my friend...
every single leaf that falls in front of you leads to this very moment...just for you.
My wish is you will be gifted with this profound insight, personally.

Deep down, I think you may already feel this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Master

If there are no co-incidences then everything that happens when two things come together is apparently a synchronicity, an effect which rather defeats the object.

Jung considered the universe to be involved in his comprehension of a S. and to be of such rare occurrence that the person to whom it happens would never forget it.

It's doubtful if many people actually experience a S. A true S really is something which 'blows one's mind'. At the moment two things (whatever) come together, no matter how seemingly banal, the resulting understanding of the involvement of an ever present universe utterly complete in itself explodes into a sort of mystical moment. The understanding of how everything is timeless and connected at any moment overwhelms reason.

Such things as always seeing 11.11 or hearing a song on the radio which can be coupled to an emotional moment don't belong under the heading Synchronicity. The universe isn't involved here except for repeating a rhythm which to which we are attuned. These are mental play things, the sort of thing you get when your mind is tricked into recognising a pattern as an explanation for a series of similarities.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If there are no co-incidences then everything that happens when two things come together is apparently a synchronicity, an effect which rather defeats the object.

Jung considered the universe to be involved in his comprehension of a S. and to be of such rare occurrence that the person to whom it happens would never forget it.

It's doubtful if many people actually experience a S. A true S really is something which 'blows one's mind'. At the moment two things (whatever) come together, no matter how seemingly banal, the resulting understanding of the involvement of an ever present universe utterly complete in itself explodes into a sort of mystical moment. The understanding of how everything is timeless and connected at any moment overwhelms reason.

Such things as always seeing 11.11 or hearing a song on the radio which can be coupled to an emotional moment don't belong under the heading Synchronicity. The universe isn't involved here except for repeating a rhythm which to which we are attuned. These are mental play things, the sort of thing you get when your mind is tricked into recognising a pattern as an explanation for a series of similarities.

You ignore a vast amount of information, both spiritual and scientific, in your conclusion.

"Your fooling yourself and you don't believe it."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Master
For me, a synchronicity comes with a different feeling to it, there's a certain frisson that comes with it. My ears may pop, my surroundings may waver slightly. I will hear several people say the same thing at the same time, or see something similar, or I'll read a name and someone will call and that will be the caller's name. It's like actually seeing the tumblers in a lock falling into place, lining up, everything converging into one point.

I do not consider numbers patterns and signs to be the same as a true synchronicity. They are immensely cool and comforting but our brains are also hardwired to find patterns and seek out that which is familiar. It doesn't make it less of a sign but we have to keep our feet on the ground too and admit when it's just kinda cool.

A coincidence doesn't have the same feeling to it...

Old 06-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You ignore a vast amount of information, both spiritual and scientific, in your conclusion.

"Your fooling yourself and you don't believe it."

OK, I'm listening.
Old 16-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myblueisyourblue

hello!

all coincidences are synchronicity in my experience. nothing is left to chance. you feel so much connection to this person and see all these signs about him because these are the things you have desired and have aligned with and manifested in physical form. just trust that! i used to take numbers as different signs, sometimes taking certain numbers as signs that i was not on the right path but since then, i have changed all that. every sign i see i make it a sign telling me that i am on the right path. doing this makes me feel so much lighter and better and since my emotions attract, i know that all positive emotions serve me and negative emotions are the only thing that stand in my way so i choose positive EVERY SINGLE TIME. love and light!