Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Newbie ;)

First Astral Projection - Tutors???

Hi All,

Just a bit about me - I'm on a new spiritual journey after being "asleep" for a couple decades. I've recently gotten into crystal energy and was amazed by the vibes I began to sense. This lead me to astral projection.

I've purchased 4 different books and I'm currently reading the first one by Erin Pavlina. It's a great read so far and I'm about halfway through the book. I'm so excited to try astral projection but I've failed twice so far. The first time I actually felt what I think has been described as the "electricity" phase where my body was tingling but I feel like I can't move and then I just physically wake up. I ultimately end up just falling asleep then waking up in the morning like dang! I can't even remember if I had a dream...

I'm in this for the long haul and I understand that the process of learning may take a good while. I'm just hoping for any tips, experiences or advice in general anyone can provide is helpful. Thanks everyone! - Lapis!!!
Old 24-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Newbie ;)

1st 2nd and 3rd attempts

I figured I would log my experiences here in case anyone wants to contribute or help me out.

1st Experience 5/21/2019:

I found some 432 hz sounds to listen to that might help relax my mind and body. I finished reading my first book on OBE so i tried some of the exercises and i feel as if I felt the buzzing in the body or the feeling likened to electrical pulsing. I remember feeling somewhat disoriented and then seeing swirling blue lines in the darkness - then everything went dead.. The end.

2nd Experience 5/22/2019:

I tried to repeat what happened the previous night - but didn't get as far. I feel like I vibrated but that was the end of that. I didn't get as far as i did my first night. I still listened to the sounds - but i think they just became intrusive as a began to fall asleep. I also tried to drink as much water as i could before settling down.

3rd Experience 5/23/2019:

I started reading another book on OBE and read about 1/4 of it. So, I tried something new - I listened to a muscle relaxation track and I also took some ZZZquil before going to bed. By the time I layed down I was tired the ZZZ quil was taking effect. I remember seeing an image of being in my room although it was a greenish gray color but I couldn't see myself. The vision just vanished and then another image popped. I then felt what I think was sleep paralysis - so I attempted to roll out of my body - I caught one of the worst charlie horses I've ever had in my left calf. I tried to maintain my state of mind and treat the pain as I would fear and eventually I just had to wake up and deal with my leg. That was the end of that...
Old 24-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Master

I have 50+ books on astral projection - while I have had some partial success and interesting experiences, I still struggle with actual separation.

There is a wide variety of techniques, and what works for one person may not work for someone else. Some people are better at visualisation, others prefer working with energies, others prefer using binaural beats to get to the mind awake/body asleep state, some work better with imagining physical movement such as the rope technique or rolling out of the body. So find a technique which resonates with you.

The key factors seem to be physical relaxation, a quiet mind, and focused concentration. And persistence, persistence persistence. I tend to fail with the persistence - I'll practice daily for a month and then leave it for a few months, which is probably why I have had only partial success.

Peace.
Old 24-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I have 50+ books on astral projection - while I have had some partial success and interesting experiences, I still struggle with actual separation.

There is a wide variety of techniques, and what works for one person may not work for someone else. Some people are better at visualisation, others prefer working with energies, others prefer using binaural beats to get to the mind awake/body asleep state, some work better with imagining physical movement such as the rope technique or rolling out of the body. So find a technique which resonates with you.

The key factors seem to be physical relaxation, a quiet mind, and focused concentration. And persistence, persistence persistence. I tend to fail with the persistence - I'll practice daily for a month and then leave it for a few months, which is probably why I have had only partial success.

Peace.

What you said was excellent. Everyone has their own way. What you said is persistence. I fail with persistence so that is where I go wrong.
Old 25-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for this. I failed again last night. I woke up because of thirst and being too hot. I then went to go sleep in my den under the ac - but woke up back where I originally went to sleep with no recollection of how I got back. All I can say is I fee a different energy within myself but I’ll stay persistent. Thank you ��
Old 27-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Newbie ;)

I’m not sure what a lucid dream is but I’ve always had dreams where I’m on the run from some government type entity. I had one last night and actually remembered it. I consistently evaded my pursuer and then just lost track of the dream. I’m actually excited about that! It’s been a long time since I remembered a dream. Also I’m almost done with D. Scott Rogo’s book And it’s a great read for anyone interested
Old 27-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Master

A lucid dream is a dream where you become aware that you are dreaming and that your physical body is asleep. The dream usually becomes very vivid as you become fully conscious within your dream. We realise that this is our dream and we can make anything happen. My usual instinct is to jump in the air and start flying around.

The difficulty is remaining lucid within the dream state. If we get over-excited then the lucidity may fade. It helps to be very calm and concentrated. Sometimes we may return to full physical waking consciousness with no intervening loss of consciousness and full memory of our experiences.

We can teach ourselves to remember dreams by keeping a dream journal. At first we might just write down a few words or a couple of sentences, but with persistence our dreams can fill a couple of pages. It helps when we wake up to lie physically still and resist the mental chatter, just resting with whatever images remain from our dreams. As soon as we start moving and thinking then our dreams begin to fade.

Peace.
Old 29-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Thats amazing. I woke this morning thinking I had not dreamed at all. It wasn't until I got to work and saw this older lady talking that I remembered I actually had a vivid dream. I don't think it was lucid based on your definition, but I remember telling myself before falling asleep that I wanted to fly. - My dream started in some random commercial parking lot where I and a group of people were watching this speeding helicopter fly through the sky in ways a helicopter could not. The helicopter eventually crashed and sad to say there were casualties - one of the "coworkers" I'll say lost his mind and started fighting a random person in the crowd over something he said.

The next thing I remember is being in a restaurant/bar club type establishment that was completely empty - except the coworker that was fighting was there with a date and I with my wife. We waited so long for service so I looked around the bar and saw these weird liquids in glass jars open and bubbling - like a green color almost like beer - but not beer. Soon a woman came out burning palo santo - i think - and saying she apologizes for the wait but she wanted someones experience to be good? I guess she was a fortune teller or spiritual advisor or something. As soon as she said that we all started walking down winding stairs - this place was so vividly crimson- As we walked I noticed a number above the coworkers head that was like 2 thousand something - definitely 4 digits but cant remember - his dates number was 42 i think my own number was 1 thousand something and my wife's was 50 something. I don't know what the numbers represented but I had a feeling it dealt with spiritual age.

So we are waiting for service I guess and my wife starts getting nosy - she wanted to know what the woman was doing burning sage or whatever it was and I warned her not to disturb because maybe there were dangerous spirits around - she didn't listen to me as my wife normally doesn't lol... then that's all i can remember...

I didn't have control of anything in this dream that I know of but I remember being keenly aware of what was going on and my environment. I was so happy when I realized I actually dreamed and remembered.

Last edited by LapisLazuli3 : 29-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.