Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Simply put you are saying that there is no truth except everyone's own inner "I". I understand that theory and I don't like it. There is nothing particularly true about the inner "I". The inner "I" is just as illusionary as any other truth.

OK..........
Old 10-06-2019, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
There is only perception....

You can't claim to know that this is true, as you've admitted "there is no truth." Can't you see how ridiculous this line of thinking is? You've effectively discredited any and everything you could ever possibly say if you hold by this belief. I suggest you rethink, or actually think.
Old 24-06-2019, 01:06 AM
Seeker

Our finite minds cannot fathom the greatness of God. He is full of mysteries. Thanks to the Holy Spirit for revealing some of the heavenly mysteries to us through the apostles
Old 24-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Quote:
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark.
We speculate and indicate...but God remains a mystery.
Well, some do....speculate...actually most seem to...from what I see.
If you have 1000 monks you have one that is connected with God Himself.
I don't see God as a mystery at all. (Maybe I did 20 yrs ago, I don't rem.)
BUT, I'm older than you, probably, and was fasting for 5 days and sitting in meditation for hours
and hours and hours when I was 22.
Over 40 years ago.
Keep your nose to the grind stone...you will receive the desires of your heart.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Master

anyone fancy some "God is beautiful" mysticism?
found this in pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite

"But the beautiful and Beauty are not to be divided, as regards the Cause which has embraced the whole in one. For, with regard to all created things, by dividing them into participations and participants, we call beautiful that which participates in Beauty; but beauty, the participation of the beautifying Cause of all the beautiful things. But, the superessential Beautiful is called Beauty, on account of the beauty communicated from Itself to all beautiful things, in a manner appropriate to each, and as Cause of the good harmony and brightness of all things which flashes like light to all the beautifying distributions of its fontal ray, and as calling all things to Itself (whence also it is called Beauty) , and as collecting all in all to Itself. (And it is called) Beautiful, as (being) at once beautiful and super-beautiful, and always being under the same conditions and in the same manner beautiful, and neither coming into being nor perishing, neither waxing nor waning; neither in this beautiful, nor in that ugly, nor at one time beautiful, and at another not; nor in relation to one thing beautiful, and in relation to another ugly, nor here, and not there, as being beautiful to some, and not beautiful to others; but as Itself, in Itself, with Itself, uniform, always being beautiful, and as having beforehand in Itself pre-eminently the fontal beauty of everything beautiful"
Old 25-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Deactivated Account

I believe in a personal, knowable Godde. Of course S/he is greater than our comprehension, but that doesn't mean we have to be left in the dark.
Old 19-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Master
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?

Quote:

Quote:
There always seems to be the coming back to awareness as things are now, I didn't stay back in awareness of my past so there is something to our reality of 'now' that obviously hits home and is in some way magnetic to our awareness (sounding like tolle now) so although time and space is bendy, it doesn't seem to bend for too long before there is present awareness oh how things are now even though how things are now can change now lol.
Agreed. Moment-to-moment continuity brings us back to now (with heartfelt gratitude). Total reinstantiation after utter destruction brings us back to now, plus Mandela (with heartfelt gratitude and profound awe). But it all comes back to now. Being back with your teenage self is something that you can do with expanded awareness and then you can bring that back to your now moment.

Quote:
Quote:
I suppose only time will tell before things make sense completely regarding how and why such things happen ..

It's all interesting stuff ..
x daz x
So true. One thing that stands out from all this is what Michael said. Is that really your intent? Like, a literal moment after I put it out there. And then, after his momentary illumination of what that would actually entail or mean, I said no of course not. And then he said, then your true intent has been recorded. Somehow, our intentions for some of these fundamental things are captured and if you wanted something that would entail a total redo of things and not even "as they are" (99.etc%) but different, such that I am not me anymore because I am a part of how things are now. With the souls created next to me who were created next to me, LOL. To change that is to request not just another reinstantiation, like if CERN blows it all up. To change who I am and thus who they are and so forth requires something different to any of that. That is another magnitude of new and different. So...that's NOT the direction I want to go, LOL.

What it would really amount to is back into the soup pot of souls and it would be like I never existed but much more that that. To wish for that fundamental a change is to wish yourself out of existence and everyone else, too. Essentially, an end to all the individuated consciousness in existence because to rip up the fabric and redo it means all of it. There's no other way to make it different at that fundamental a level (creation of souls) to what it is now, except to completely remake an entirely new universe -- where you and I and so forth wouldn't even exist anymore.

I don't think it's something most realise when they reach this level of frustration. I didn't TBH -- not till I got an immediate counter from Michael. I just thought I was asking for future lives without them, at least for a time. But I think if most understood the deeper implications of these requests, it would be truly helpful. Also, at a certain level of awareness, you just can't put these intentions or requests out there, ever. It matters, apparently. I don't know what all this means either, but I do know those bits are important.

Maybe if humanity as a whole could share in these experiences and understandings of how things work, it could be a profound help in changing mindsets and mending hearts. I.e., getting that we all have been woven into the tapestry in this way and you literally cannot undo or cherry pick bits of it regarding the creation of souls...or it all falls apart. To wish for cherry-picked bits of it to be different than they are at the level of the creation of souls is the same as wishing for total annihilation...your own and everyone and everything else's, as well.

If we receive the illuminations in our hearts and reflect on them, they could diffuse a lot of profound despair and confusion, or misplaced frustration and resentment, or even lethal anger, oppression, violence, and murder. Because it really points to a misdirection of efforts and energies. Containment is at times appropriate but most of the violence and oppression is just so pointless. Rather than hating and seeking to destroy or oppress, folks could gradually begin to accept/feel accepted and to support/feel supported. They could begin to focus on ownership, personal and collective, and on sustainable community.

What do you think? It made a big impression on me but I wonder how it strikes others who have also been walking their path and exploring the big picture (why do we exist? why do we exist as we do? do we truly matter and if so, why and how? (explain, show me), etc.)

Peace & blessings Daz
7L

More on this topic...

So...I came across a recent vid from PBS Space Time titled "Is Dark Energy Getting Stronger?"
https://www.pbs.org/video/is-dark-en...ronger-rgx3zt/

It basically lays out 2 observed facts and then discusses implications.
1st fact - in the 1990s, scientists found that the % of dark energy (& dark matter) was deemed to be a large majority of the known universe, and that the effect of dark energy (per the data) was basically at or near a constant level after some very early point in the initial expansion of the universe.

It was plotted as a trend line that jumps up from 0 and then levels out early on and remains at that level for the rest of known time till now.

2nd Fact
-- Then, using some new data, different researchers recently went to derive the same thing. Dark energy (& dark matter), still most of the known universe :) but regarding the effect of dark energy, they got a slightly different leveled-off trend line, one indicating more effect. I.e., a stronger effect of the dark energy present in the universe. The question was, is dark energy getting stronger? Because if so, the universe would then just as likely ultimately end in a "Big Rip".

The narrator stated a reasonable caveat about unknown factors or measurement issues, etc., and that the implications of the study are as yet speculative. He himself suspected dark energy was still constant in the universe and that various other ultimately explanable but as yet unknown factors were at play.

I agree...but I also agree that the constant level, or effect, of dark energy may have changed. Particularly if this is not our first rodeo...i.e., if this is a (Source-given) near-identical reinstantiation of the universe. Differences being, along with Mandela and similar, apparently also perhaps a stronger effect of the dark energy "constant". A new dark energy constant, IOW.

And..if CERN keeps killing us off...perhaps ever new constant values for dark energy and increasingly, a new ending to the universe, i.e. the Big Rip rather than the Big Freeze.

I wonder...how much more has to change before we begin to "get it"?
Sigh...LOL...

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery.

Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable.

I love its holy mystery.

God/god is what the reader wants God/god to be.

We have a tendency to 'throw away' what the scriptures say that we do not resonate with
and then accepts the scriptures that we like and ironically in many cases have been mistranslated.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜