Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is the book of life, and who puts the names in it?

Figuratively speaking, it's the Book of God, or Book of Remembrance ,(Mal. 3:16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, And the Lord listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name). see also (Rev. 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels). Jesus here is speaking!

those who chose to do the "WILL" of Jesus Father, will gain life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). since these are Jesus words, ,he WASN'T referring to himself. but the God of Israel, Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3 (AKJV) and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them).

basically to sum it all up, those who try to live as Jesus directed ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). and are NOT lovers of the world ,(James 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God), will be saved!
Old 24-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
Btw the lake isn't symbolic. The earth becomes a ball of fire during the far end of the end. There's a new creation and the old remains a pure Hell. Remember that everything is destroyed by fire. Even the universe. It's told in Peter somewhere...

sorry, but you've been mislead, the "LAKES OF FIRE", is Symbolic! it's NOT a literal FIERY LAKE, it just represents TOTAL DESTRUCTION. NO, the Earth will NOT become a "BALL OF FIRE." this false teachings has been out for decades. you are referring to ,(2Pet. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up).

but look at what Jehovah God said here!... (Isa. 45:18 For thus said the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else). see also (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). it would appear to be a "contradiction", but it's NOT! this is why Jehovah said...(Pro. 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding).

2Peter and any other verse which seem to imply the "EARTH burning up." wasn't referring to the actual Earth, but the People! it says "both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." the Earth are the humans, (the wicked ones "burning", though not really burning). the "WORKS", are their wicked ways. 2Peter is referring to the doing away with those who does NOT want to obey Jesus Father, Jehovah God and follow Jesus lead. the "WORKS", are the vile practices of wicked mankind. which will soon be done away with.

see (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).
Old 24-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation

Anyway, I think the Christians named their kids after biblical icons as a hope of having their name written in the lamb's book of life. Another possible way a person's name is written in the book of life: when people write names in the bible (on flyleaf pages or whatever). I don't know if people still do this but I know my grandfather wrote every family member's name in his bible.

that way of thinking comes by means of satan who will deceive ANY who wants to believe what they want to believe, and NOT the truth ,(2Cor. 4:4). the ONLY way parents can save their (Minor) children is do obey Jehovah God and follow Jesus. as well as teach those kids spiritually.

see (Deut. 6:5-9 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates).
Old 24-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Figuratively speaking, it's the Book of God, or Book of Remembrance ,(Mal. 3:16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, And the Lord listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name). see also (Rev. 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels). Jesus here is speaking!

those who chose to do the "WILL" of Jesus Father, will gain life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). since these are Jesus words, ,he WASN'T referring to himself. but the God of Israel, Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3 (AKJV) and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them).

basically to sum it all up, those who try to live as Jesus directed ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). and are NOT lovers of the world ,(James 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God), will be saved!

Quoting Bible verses repeatedly doesn't answer my questions, maybe others could explain as I haven't heard of this book of life before. Is it something similar to the ' Saint Peter at the pearly gates ticking your name off ' story told to Children at School?
Old 24-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sorry, but you've been mislead, the "LAKES OF FIRE", is Symbolic! it's NOT a literal FIERY LAKE, it just represents TOTAL DESTRUCTION. NO, the Earth will NOT become a "BALL OF FIRE." this false teachings has been out for decades. you are referring to ,(2Pet. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up).

but look at what Jehovah God said here!... (Isa. 45:18 For thus said the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else). see also (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). it would appear to be a "contradiction", but it's NOT! this is why Jehovah said...(Pro. 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding).

2Peter and any other verse which seem to imply the "EARTH burning up." wasn't referring to the actual Earth, but the People! it says "both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." the Earth are the humans, (the wicked ones "burning", though not really burning). the "WORKS", are their wicked ways. 2Peter is referring to the doing away with those who does NOT want to obey Jesus Father, Jehovah God and follow Jesus lead. the "WORKS", are the vile practices of wicked mankind. which will soon be done away with.

see (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

It is an actual physical fire, not just etheric. It begins etheric (or, energetic) but in the end, yes, the earth becomes ON FIRE.

You've seen all the big fires in the past some years, right?

https://youtu.be/YrFe2_LLSV0

I have been held dangling high above over the lake of fire, in the spirit. It is a pure Hell and the fire is very real. But you have to remember that this does not happen until the end of the end.
Old 24-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Update: so I gave Mr Lover Boy a playlist and wrote my phone number...

I then grumbled and thrashed, angry stuff. I said I wanted to speak to his spiritual director.

A little while ago someone commented to me on YouTube. They saw one of my videos. I offered to open up one of my locked videos, if he wanted to see it. He said yes. I posted the link to the spiritual war with father lucifer video and guess who texted?

Sigh. Well anyway I'm not angry or negative right now. Yay. I will get you, evil lucifer. I will get you...