Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
We seek within.

It seems every teacher I have sought has either stopped working with me after working with me a few months, or stopped before we started.

Is this the Universe saying that we don't need teachers?

Should I just seek inside, like doing shamanic journeying and such?

Thanks.

Hi IndigoGeniniWolf,

May I ask what their reasons why for stopping to work with you, if there were any reasons given by them and if it's not too personal to share?.

Also, "shall we not seek a teacher" for what exactly?.
Old 31-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Hi IndigoGeniniWolf,

May I ask what their reasons why for stopping to work with you, if there were any reasons given by them and if it's not too personal to share?.

Also, "shall we not seek a teacher" for what exactly?.

They got busy and couldn't teach me any longer. Or had personal changes in themselves where they couldn't take on new students.

I seek enlightenment, or the path of practicing shamanism. Though I haven't been called to be a shaman.
Old 31-10-2019, 04:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I seek enlightenment, or the path of practicing shamanism.

How do you define enlightenment as that should probably dictate the path you choose. Here's how I define it for myself:

"To me enlightenment is the understanding and experience of the separation between pure awareness and body-mind, knowing and feeling without a shadow of a doubt which aspect is one's true nature. It permeates every moment of life. It's a state of being, sensing it at a visceral level everywhere one looks."

This video explains what I mean about the separation, and what I called pure awareness is referred to as The Witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRme...A&index=9&t=0s
Old 31-10-2019, 05:09 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
We seek within.

It seems every teacher I have sought has either stopped working with me after working with me a few months, or stopped before we started.

Thanks.

All things are teachers.

Should we not instead seek virtues of BEING a good student?^^^^
Old 31-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:

Maybe because you haven't been paying attention in class and word got around.

Quote:

How else would people get their degrees or learn basic reading, writing, and math?

Quote:

Maybe you should just study harder. Its always good to ask your teacher if there is anything you can do to boast your grades. Any extra credit work. It shows that you care. And they will be more inclined to help you.
Old 31-10-2019, 05:59 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Maybe because you haven't been paying attention in class and word got around.

I'd think a teacher worth his or her salt and worthy of the title would at the very least be up-front with such a pupil and set his or her expectations for the relationship and not just walk away without reason or a flimsy excuse of a reason.
Old 31-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'd think a teacher worth his or her salt and worthy of the title would at the very least be up-front with such a pupil and set his or her expectations for the relationship and not just walk away without reason or a flimsy excuse of a reason.

The world has gone more passive aggressive these days. Back in the days teachers were more up front and would hit the students on the hand with a ruler if they misbehave. Those are the ones worthy of the title.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:02 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The world has gone more passive aggressive these days. Back in the days teachers were more up front and would hit the students on the hand with a ruler if they misbehave. Those are the ones worthy of the title.

I remember my 1st grade teacher from 1965, Sister Mariam Alexander, and she wielded a mean pointer. I got a wack for being presumptuous and moving on to practicing small 'a' without being instructed to do so because I thought I had capital 'A' all figured out. LOL!
Old 31-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I remember my 1st grade teacher from 1965, Sister Mariam Alexander, and she wielded a mean pointer. I got a wack for being presumptuous and moving on to practicing small 'a' without being instructed to do so because I thought I had capital 'A' all figured out. LOL!

I've heard of Zen masters doing similar with their students but with a staff. Whacking their students over the head with it.
Old 31-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Master

Quote:
I've heard of Zen masters doing similar with their students but with a staff. Whacking their students over the head with it.

My understanding is that the Zen master hits the student over the head with a staff to shock them back into present moment awareness. But I do not speak from experience.

Peace