Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Seeker

Question Meditation in Water???

Hello,
I am new to meditation and have been reading about some of the different techniques and methods on here and a thought occurred. Have there ever been any practices or techniques where you would meditate in water? Like in a river, pond, pool or hot tub? I am curious to know as I feel it would be an interesting way to meditate and could possibly enhance or change the experience in some ways.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_95_
Hello,
I am new to meditation and have been reading about some of the different techniques and methods on here and a thought occurred. Have there ever been any practices or techniques where you would meditate in water? Like in a river, pond, pool or hot tub? I am curious to know as I feel it would be an interesting way to meditate and could possibly enhance or change the experience in some ways.

yeah I'm sure there are. Water is different depending on temperature, and upon whether is is running or sitting still and how fast it is moving and what minerals it has (the common one being salt) so it would be a great teacher. Also, if you are immersed in it it raises the pressure on your body which itself changes breathing meditations quite a bit.

but no I don't know names for specific techniques that people have used...
Old 05-06-2019, 03:26 AM
Master

quote:
Itzhak Bentov was a mechanical engineer, inventor, author and mystic and explorer of cosmic consciousness.

He was able to combine his curious mind with a courageous soul to explore the unknown realms of cosmic consciousness with just wit and humor as his luggage. His plan was to publish some of his work as a comic strip instead of a cosmic trip! Bentov had two ways to prepare himself for his “trips,” which were not drug-induced.

Initially, like Archimedes, he used the “wet method” of soaking in a bathtub full of hot water, going into a “twilight zone” to get flashes or ideas that he scribbled down on a notepad. Later he favored the “drier method” of meditation and relaxed concentration. He wrote:

“I could attain remote reality by simply visualizing myself to be there, and there I was…”
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Master
I've done it as good as on the water, not in it. WHen out for a walk around a body of water I came upon a wooden landing stage and the water was high and thus lapping against the bottom of the wooden planks.
I stood on it, focusing on the water as good as against the soles of my shoes, and suddenly I got grounded, through the water, in the water, then in the Earth underneath it.
I got a tremendous healing from the waterspirits and after that I automatically flowed Cosmic energy into the water and everything in it, to the spirits, and back up from the water to the Cosmos.
It was awesome!
I had planned to take people there to help them experience the same with a live guided meditation, but then the landing stage was under water and now it has gone :(
Old 05-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Knower
I meditate in the shower sometimes. Usually scalding hot, sometimes quite cold, occasionally in between. The sound of the water resonates with the motor of the attic fan, and the spirits seem to speak through such frequencies.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Master
In theory you can meditate anywhere, anytime. In actuality you want to be beyond body awareness and achieving that while moving around is not easy to achieve. Just outside of the water or near the water is already easier..

I do ice cold shower every day.. perfect for breathing exercises and chanting mantras.. but meditation? No, it wouldn't be too safe because the body does have its limits and if you're in meditation you're beyond time. What if you forget your body..? The organs aren't going to enjoy an hour of cold water. Creating a safe environment is key..
Old 05-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
I would like to make a side note on meditating IN water, and to always mind your safety. I sometimes am very far away during meditations, I wouldn't want to have that happen to me when in water.

I also don't meditate in the shower as that'd be a huge waste of water and gas and thus not exactly helping our planet. We have to use our fresh water wisely, not waste it. If memory serves, running out of fresh water is one of the future problems we face, although we may not think so as it is always available to us to use, and... waste.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I would like to make a side note on meditating IN water, and to always mind your safety. I sometimes am very far away during meditations, I wouldn't want to have that happen to me when in water.

I also don't meditate in the shower as that'd be a huge waste of water and gas and thus not exactly helping our planet. We have to use our fresh water wisely, not waste it. If memory serves, running out of fresh water is one of the future problems we face, although we may not think so as it is always available to us to use, and... waste.

I guess I'm one of those folks who don't believe in "helping" the planet in the conventional environmentalist sense. The very concept of harming, helping, saving, or protecting the planet assumes we humans understand the nuances of ecology. We don't. Perhaps this eminent mass extinction event is par the course, our human activities are just another natural occurrence particular to this point in time, and we simply won't be available to use the fresh water in this future. When our lovely Earth no longer wants us, she will gladly shake us vermin off her back. And I probably use less water showering once every few weeks than most people use bathing regularly. Showers (and running water in general) are much more clean and peaceful than sitting in stagnant bathwater, and I'm ultimately more concerned with my own wellbeing than trying to micromanage a planet who's needs we do not understand. :)

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
This is an excellent point..

Last year we had a very hot and dry year. As you may know, many forests in our country were drying up as the lakes were also drained in the name of intensive agriculture. So we get screwed, nature gets screwed, but a minority of rich farmers get rewarded..!! The way we produce and consume actually has additional impacts that are often more severe than a change in climate itself. While an individual household has far lower impact it is of course good indeed to also look into water usage, so thanks for pointing out the obvious here..

It would be rather selfish if we all went water meditating under the shower.. indulging in ourselves and not caring about the consequences..

This spring so far has been better than 2018, which was a desert-like year..!! I hope for better this year but I'm holding my breath..
Old 05-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Experiencer
Floating Meditation/Sensory Deprivation tanks are a great way to peel layering off thru meditation, the water has thousands of pounds of Epsom salt. The salt makes you float effortlessly, the magnesium helps to prevent wrinkling and is a good boost to the body. They were tougher to locate in the past, but have caught on recently it seems.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj