Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Affirming is Not About Words; It is Soul Expression

An Unconventional Approach to What Affirming Really Is About

Quote:
Most adults have it set firmly in their minds that using affirmations is about making statements such as "I will..." or "I AM..." or "I have...," or any statement of desire or belief that is repeated like a mantra. The masses strongly tend to buy into the popular definitions that are floating around in the collective human consciousness, without even closely examining why they choose them, nor what the essence is of what they choose to believe!

In this thread I will share essays on the Art and Science of Affirmation as my Inner Self has illuminated for me, with updates and in-depth analysis of many components of this subject. For further study, I strongly suggest the works of Jane Roberts and Seth, in particular the books "Seth Speaks" and "The Nature of Personal Reality." These classics take the subject of affirmation to a level that is far beyond the narrow "New Agey" definition that most adults have adopted.

In essence, an affirmation is an expression of the soul. All human expressions are indeed affirmations of God-Source expressed through physicality. This applies to all species in all dimensions of existence.

Life itself is affirmative.

Thank you for your interaction with me in this thread.
Old 27-05-2017, 01:14 AM
Lorelyen

Affirmations has been turned into an industry. There are now books about it, journals, probably flash cards if I cared to look. But it's very simple. It's been practiced since the dawn of humanity (I'd guess) and is practiced naturally - without books, checklists and things, by many successful people.

Whatever you base the need to affirm on - expression of the soul, you call it - the focus still comes out best in words, simply because you want to achieve/acquire something it/they tend to be intellectualised while turning your imaginings into a statement of desire and a plan to go get it/them. If affirmations are the most appropriate then affirm away.

Some of the stuff I've read about affirming is so far off that any real chance of success is dogged by confusion; people get disappointed and give up. It's a tool, not an end in itself as some texts would have you believe.

There are certain ground rules. If you don't follow them then affirmations don't work....just as if you're casting a magic spell and get your correspondences wrong or don't invoke with the utmost passion your spell won't work.

Affirmations have been turned into media other than words and seem pretty successful. I reported a while back about a fellow zumba classmate turning hers into a little song to be hummed or la-la-ed.

I've got fed up with talking about methods here because few people really bother. Either it's too much work or people imagine that because it's a published text it comes with authority and, having paid for it, they feel obliged to do what it says regardless of whether the author is another spiritual charlatan. So I'll close my tuppence-worth by saying it's best to find someone you think is very successful - say Donald Trump or Richard Branson or Emeline Pankhurst, someone who didn't get where they are by nepotism - and work out how their unspoken affirmations panned out.

Old 27-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Life itself is affirmative.

The core basis of the purpose for affirmation is love. When the spiritual seeker recognizes this, that he or she is intended to be a conduit of love, the Life Force of the Divine immediately flows more purely and fully through the body. This makes the seeker a powerful force for healing.

Affirmation always works, and it works by attunement. Whether one speaks words or not, the universe always responds to your vibration. The universe is not really interested in words, it is interested in intent. No one receives or manifests anything because of the words they use; rather, the universe responds to the essence of your intent.

Affirmation is Really Vibrational Affirmation

Your intent reflects your attunement, which is simply whatever you are in vibrational alignment with, and the universe--which in essence is soul consciousness--gives you more of what you are in alignment with. In those instances when the seeker appears to manifest exactly what is represented by his words, this is because his attunement to his desire is not contradicting what it is that he says he wants. However, in all cases the seeker gets exactly what he or she vibrationally affirms.

What Really is "the Universe"?

The universe is essentially consciousness. There is no outside universe. The universe is not "outer space," it is essentially your own soul consciousness, and because there really is no separation in the universe, and no separation between beings, in actuality there is but one Infinite Consciousness.

One is of course free to call this Consciousness whatever one wishes, whether it be God or Source or the universe, but the important thing to remember is that what your physical senses show you is always an illusion, simply meaning that your senses can only give you an interpretation of reality.

Your eyesight seems to confirm that there are actually separate beings that you see, and your hearing seems to confirm that there are many voices, yet if you can remember that everything is indeed connected, and that Oneness is the true reality that is forever present, you will have a true understanding of what affirmation is all about.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Affirmations has been turned into an industry.

Actually, to be more precise, an industry has been made that is centered somewhat around the science of affirmation, an industry that is heavily focused on the usage of words.

In truth, affirmation itself is the eternal affirmation of life, the eternal affirmation of existence, and this is what the basis of this thread is REALLY about.

Divine Love is at the center of this affirmation of life. The affirmation of life is truly a celebration, an appreciation for existence. There is no greater affirmation than one of deep appreciation for life.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
There are certain ground rules. If you don't follow them then affirmations don't work...

That is fine for those who choose to believe it. Obviously, the definition and understanding of "affirmation" as given by me in this thread is much broader in scope than what you are offering which is basically the same old "rules" and information about affirmations that many people are already familiar with.

The basis of this thread is to explore a more general and more broad understanding of affirmations, in which I will also cover many areas of this science that heretofore have been largely unknown by humans.

People ALWAYS get what their heart affirms, period. ("Heart" meaning core intent, in this instance.) Those "rules" don't apply to this fact.
Old 27-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Whatever you base the need to affirm on - expression of the soul, you call it - the focus still comes out best in words...

Affirming through the usage of words is perfectly fine, and is indeed part of the Art and Science of Affirmation, there is no doubt about that here.

However, the focus of the soul does not come out "best" in words, it comes out best in an open and allowing expression that is embodied in the self, in an attitude of love and appreciation. That is how it is expressed the highest, through one's loving demonstration/example of it.

Using words pales in comparison to this. At best, affirming through words is a tool that may help one to more purely embody the soul's eternal affirmation of life.
Old 27-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Lorelyen

There really are no words to express the workings or focus of the soul. We have to be circumspect about "ways to batter down the doors of consciousness" here (rules) but those who have done it will know. It may seem to reach forward to the material world but that same world has a very different perspective seen from the inside.

Old 27-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
There really are no words to express the workings or focus of the soul.

You say this, but are yourself using words in thousands of posts upon this website, many of which have to do with expressing soul-related, spirit-related workings...

Lorelyen, I'll give you this, you're a master of coming up with illogical points and arguments just to make yourself feel important in this community. That statement of yours (and nearly every response of yours to me I've seen in this community) makes absolutely no real sense, given that it is a total contradiction of your own actions, with you having over 5,000 posts to your credit, much of which having to do with "expressing the workings or focus of the soul."

And then I see you have posts saying, "because people are fools," and also what you recently said to a young man: "You sound pretty sick. But there it is, it takes all kinds..." Exact words you have used. Really mature, Lorelyen. Really mature.
Old 29-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Affirmation and Prayer Are One and the Same and Are Constant

The mind is constantly broadcasting thought vibrations. Because of this, you are always affirming, you are always praying. Most humans would imagine a difference between affirmation and prayer, and most tend to look upon affirmation and prayer in a ritualistic manner. It is true that you may make a ritual and call it prayer, or call it affirming, but you are still broadcasting a vibrational signal within your consciousness at all times, whether you use a particular ritual or not, and whether you are in a waking or sleeping state.

The mechanics of affirming and praying are really the same, and these mechanics are operating ceaselessly and are creating ceaselessly. More accurately, it is consciousness itself that is "creating ceaselessly."

awareness
Old 29-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Affirmation always works, and it works by attunement. Whether one speaks words or not, the universe always responds to your vibration. The universe is not really interested in words, it is interested in intent. No one receives or manifests anything because of the words they use; rather, the universe responds to the essence of your intent.

Hi Awareness,

I'm a big fan of yours, as you know. So glad to see you are posting here about this, as I know I had asked you some questions about LOA in the channeling forum.

As I read your above quote, I thought about people who have narcissistic personality disorder. They have inauthentic, inflated views of self that do not translate into reality. I believe you hit the nail on the head when you wrote that 'no one receives or manifests anything because of the words they use" because a NPD person can say "I'm awesome, I'm great" all day long, but because those words are covering up a fragile, insecure mentality, their affirmations don't work. Because, in actuality, they themselves don't believe the words.

Thanks again for posting about this.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella