Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 19-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Seeker

You are so amazing! Even your post about how negative you feel is so filled with hope, about the beautiful things you've accomplished in your education and the gratitude you feel for your daughter and your husband. Congratulations on living a miracle in the midst of so many challenges :)

This advice isn't magical, and if you don't feel any affinity for it, then please put it aside. But I was so struck by the positive things you mentioned when you wrote, and how wonderful it is that you survived such a long period of wanting to die, that it sounds like you're making amazing progress toward your goals every day. I mean, it probably feels like incredibly slow progress, if it feels like progress at all, but from the outside it sounds like you're looking ahead, envisioning a better future, and working toward it already!

So the only thing I might suggest is to appreciate how far you've come, as a way of encouraging continued progress. Instead of looking at the distance between here and where you want to be (you sound like a very "big picture" person), maybe look at some of the little things too: the things that are better today than they were yesterday, and the small things that will make tomorrow better. If you can't get to next year in a day, you can definitely get to tomorrow in a day. And it sounds like there will be some good things tomorrow, even if there will also be some pretty challenging things.

Look forward to the good things, and point them out to your daughter. I bet the small good things will look so much more amazing when you're sharing them with her :)
Old 19-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Master
"Fake it till you make it" has worked for me in bad and challenging times. Basically while realistically acknowledging what I was going through and feeling it , I set it aside and went through each day with as much dignity and grace as possible.
Trying for all the world to pretend like my life was all I wished it to be at that very moment.
By focusing on the 'pretend' positive things and even finding actual real little positive things to be grateful for, I was slowly able to change my vibration to a better one day by day and thus change my situation. In times and periods where that wasn't possible I was able to make it through it without doing more personal damage by staying out as much as possible, from the depths of self indulgent 'Woe is me". The 'Woe is me' self talk is very destructive and can set the stage for depression.

Like you, my brain in really difficult spells, just wants to end everything it's so overwhelmed. It takes a huge self control effort to not let it hit the bottom of the Despair Pit. It's gotten much easier over the years to stop the mental chatter that causes the emotional crash into despair and hopelessness.

My best other advice for you is to find things to laugh about, anything will work. Laugh with others, laugh at silly Youtubes, watch funny movies, google jokes, watch silly pet videos, watch video's of babies laughing, laugh with your daughter. Find everything you can to laugh about. Deep belly rolling laughter that leaves your sides/ribs aching is highly healing and will lift your spirits for days afterwards and help this year until you are reunited with your husband to go by easier and quicker.
Laughter is a higher Vibration.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:26 AM
Suspended
Guide
Read some good books,

Autobiography of a Yogi..Paramhansa Yogananda

Leaves Of Grass...Walt Whitman

Meetings With Remarkable Men...G I Gurdjieff

There are hundreds of great books out there to keep you grounded and most of all thankful.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:14 AM
boshy b. good

reply for negate amboegness

shout, all's shout up up'd hoorays,
lives it, it's a pie, we are harmony
then,

Last edited by boshy b. good : 20-03-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Pathfinder

Wow, Really Great replies here! Im gonna try, also. Thanks!
Old 25-03-2017, 01:11 AM
boshy b. good

at hug your hurted thought,
that is yours, that's ready
to let hurted thought go

like da better at that is wished
united
Old 26-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I chime in from a practical perspective. According to all what I read, Europe is swamped with refugees at the moment. It even might not be the best choice, coming from a hot Mediterranean country you will not be happy during winter. Instead of simply waiting and hoping I would start figuring out other scenarios, staying in Lebanon, going somewere else. Your persepectives of live are limited by your restrictions. I know that anywere in ME is not stable and dangerous. You are probably young and can learn any language there is. Apart from the typical European countries there is as well Czeck I heared that they are letting a lot of people in at the moment. Instead of waiting and hoping: what are your dreams? What can you do now to make them true. I think LOA should not be used to get stuck and even more stuck.
Old 26-03-2017, 09:48 AM
boshy b. good

you are
winners

at what heart potents
majorly, (here's my
welcoming help )

Last edited by boshy b. good : 26-03-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 27-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Your situation is not easy. I would stay actually away from affirmations. Because you actually can't know what the best solution is right away. I read about Europe yesterday, and to be honest most people are fed up with too many immigrants, there are clashes. Why don't you move to your husband? You both want to leave Lebanon anyway. I would move to Australia there's more sun, but that's just my opinion.... my message is that there are many many more options then just waiting for that one to happen, if you are open.
Old 28-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thought control.

And reading helpful books constantly or the author's cds.
Abraham- hicks
Catherine ponder
Joel S Goldsmith
John Randolph Price
Emmit Fox
Eric Butterworth
Florence Scovel -Shinn

You have titles like, 'The Game of Life and How to Play It'
Practicing The Presence, The Dynamic Laws of Healing,
Ask and It Is Given, The Power of the Spoken Word...

And stop thinking about, talking about, writing about, ruminating about, and confirming what you see....
focus on what you want...picture it, imagine it...daydream about it...ask for it, pray for it...plan for it, feel as if you already have it.
Ignore your environment ...focus on only what you want.

Like I said, thought control.
Stop thinking it is hard to do or it always will be.

This really works.
Best wishes.

Thank you for that miss hepburn
I screenshotted what you wrote so i can keep your words in mind.
:)