Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-04-2017, 01:45 PM
FrankieJG

Why am I stuck inside a negative loop?

I have been trying affirmations.They are good Yea they uplift my energy.But where are the actual results? I am literally homeless.My mom is in the hospital and once she is discharged she needs to be brought back home.My home is not safe , full of dirt because it's a house which is older than a century and has neverrrr been restored.Bringing her here might give her an infection ,she is after a major surgery.I have been wishing for my dream house since I was 11.Now I am 22.It's not like I am wising for an iPhone or an iPad.I NEED a house.Why hasn't it been manifested yet?
My academics aren't going perfect either.Nothing is going well lately.Things were never really going well and they got much wise with time.Affirmations are bull that's what I actually wanna say now.

I am kindly asking for some inspiration.I NEED it right now.I want to fix this.I want to help my family.I want to get out of this.

Last edited by Clover : 10-04-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Swearing/Language rule
Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Seeker
Hey FrankieJG. I'd like to start by saying the universe has already manifested your desire, it just could be you haven't aligned up with it yet. Now how do we do this?

From what I am reading here in your summary of events that aren't wanted, it seems you are highly focussing on the negative aspects of them ( I could be wrong ) and therefore you are actually manifesting the opposite of your current desired situation.

My personal experience is that the more I align with the person I am, the more of my manifestations come into frutition. The most important thing in aligning is feeling joy in your current situation. I know this is very hard considering everything that is going on in your life now but it's the first step you have to take. If you are having trouble finding joy, start by looking for small things that you can already start appreciating. ( For example: I am very healthy! )

If you are still experiencing trouble with manifesting I suggest trying meditating for a couple of minutes before doing affirmations. The meditation might remove some resistance from your current situation and offer more focus on your desire.

I hope this helps, good luck!

- Limerence
Old 10-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I have been trying affirmations.They are good Yea they uplift my energy.But where are the actual results? I am literally homeless.My mom is in the hospital and once she is discharged she needs to be brought back home.My home is not safe , full of dirt because it's a house which is older than a century and has neverrrr been restored.Bringing her here might give her an infection ,she is after a major surgery.I have been wishing for my dream house since I was 11.Now I am 22.It's not like I am wising for an iPhone or an iPad.I NEED a house.Why hasn't it been manifested yet?
My academics aren't going perfect either.Nothing is going well lately.Things were never really going well and they got much wise with time.Affirmations are bull****,that's what I actually wanna say now.

I am kindly asking for some inspiration.I NEED it right now.I want to fix this.I want to help my family.I want to get out of this.
In the Physical, wishing and affirming aren't enough. You have to find a way to learn what's your life's lesson, then while working toward it, your other wishes will get easier granted as long as they don't conflict with learning the lesson you incarnated for.

On the practical plane: concentrate on doing and accomplishing something that will gradually be rewarded proportionally with your merits. Wishing isn't enough. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Master

Have you ever heard of the Upper Limit Problem?

It is something about our human condition because of the harsh lives humans have lived through centuries (and more) are not wired to feel good, so depending on the life we have lived we have a certain limit to how good we can feel, and when we reach that limit we self sabotage ourselves. So it is about expanding our bodies capacity to feel good, by practicing in every moment to lean towards a better feeling thought. Deep calm breathing is good for this.

Affirmations are like spells, it is not so much about the words and the things you do, it is about creating the right mood where you are allowing what you desire to come into your life.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
My academics aren't going perfect either.Nothing is going well lately.Things were never really going well and they got much wise with time.Affirmations are bull****,that's what I actually wanna say now.

Firstly you must keep your affirmations practical and simple at first. Repeat them very often - and above all, do not go out looking for results. When something seems like a step toward a result, note it then put it aside. Searching out expectations will lead to disappointment.

Like, if you want a better place to live it could take several years and many smaller affirmations to reach it, e.g finding the money to do your home up. You'll get a lot of loose advice here and spiritual mumbo-jumbo but affirmations have to be positive and look always to the future. Don't bring anything past into them.

And be ready to be a go-getter. Affirmations will eventually trigger acts.

It's difficult in this negative loop as you call it. You should start affirming some small positive things. I often say here that there's something good about every day. Affirm just that this is so but don't deliberately look for things. When they happen just take note.

Then find things that bring you release or happiness. Do you dance, perhaps? If the zumba classes I attend are anything to go by, people are happy.

Like much of New Age stuff Affirmation is turning into an industry. People write books about it now but it's something you can basically learn in 5 minutes. Then it's down to you -
- is your need practical
- can you keep it up? Like, affirm 100 times per day? Keep it going for maybe a good few months but if there's really no progress, ask yourself if you expecting too much.

Just a short anecdote and why I've replied. I was having coffee with a couple of people this morning after zumba. One decried affirmation as rubbish. It turns out she wants to be a best selling authoress. Her affirmations and visualisations were around the successful sale of her first book. But... she hasn't even written much beyond the first page of a best seller. A couple of short stories. We suggested all kinds of things including, to her disdain, she joins a writer group so she can have some measure of reception. Point is, she's only been affirming for a year or so. I mean, many authors take longer than that to write and shape up a book let alone meet the contacts necessary to make it a success. She should be affirming she can develop and fluid and fashionable writing style on one hand, and that she'll meet the right contacts soon.

So...keep it practical - within your means and scope.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Suspended
Guide
Sorry mate to to reply with a negative response,but for me if I say an affirmation 3 time,x 3 times a day I do not expect a result that day,month or year! maybe that' decade!
If I ask/affirm a house I do not expect a house!
But I do expect I may be "lucky" and meet a person who unknown to me is a brilliant accountant,that is the affirmation affirmed.

This person to whom I am telling my tale of woe just happens to be able to tell you how to save a deposit on the income you have,which may take let's say 3 years,and then were to go to secure a loan to buy a house,that is your affirmation affirmed,

You do not ask for something for nothing,you have to be ready to give before you receive, you just can't ask by affirmation for something that is impossible to get,you may though meet a person who is able to tell you how to get what you want,that's affirmation affirmed.

Kind Regards Billy.