Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-03-2014, 07:28 PM
OSPREY1

What is love? Confused

I can say that I have never felt the so called 'love', maybe because I am not capable who knows?

I often find myself confused as to whether I'm even supposed too have such feelings of that nature or even if I do anymore?

I have never felt the need for the company of other humans, in fact it brings me nothing but discomfort.

I have spent the better part of my life isolating myself from people for various reasons. I have never had a 'partner' lets use the term or ever been intermit with anyone hint, hint.

I have cut my losses in such areas as there is nothing to hold onto in that area.

I suppose what I'm looking for is insight\opinion\elaborate in this area?

I would very much like to rid my self of this hindrance (pain\confusion) once and for all let go and move on with my life.

OSPREY1
Old 09-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Master

I would say to start with yourself and ask the Universe for help with learning how to love yourself. I think we are all here to do just that, and there are really no instruction manuals, but try telling yourself that you love yourself, whenever you think of it. You won't believe yourself at first, but if you do it anyway, and keep at it, it will get easier to believe. Tell yourself you are worthy of your love, worthy of the love from the Universe that is being sent to you each and every moment you breathe. And then allow the Universe to help you, expect them to help you and you will be shown the way - books will appear, thoughts will occur to you to do, impulses to go this way, do this thing. Notice when they come, and say Yes and see where that leads you.

when you start to love yourself, your life changes :) Hope this was helpful.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Argento

Hi Osprey!

This is something that no amount of meditation or philosophical understanding can help with.
You just gotta put yourself out there buddy.

It will be uncomfortable at first, but as time passes you will grow to love the people you spend time around. Humans are engineered to love each other whether they like it or not, lol.

This will all pass mate

as a side note........the chances of you getting laid eventually are - statistically speaking - extremely promising ;)
Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Pathfinder
Do you mean you don't know if you've ever felt love at all, ever, or just romantic love? Romantic love is a bit tricky to put a finger on. Overall love, though, has many forms. Caring for someone else's well-being is a form of love. Having a pet in your life that you appreciate being with is a form of love. Even caring for the life of a plant (even if all you have to do is water it) is a form of love.

If you're not sure you've felt empathy towards anyone/anything, there may be something else going on. You may need to spend some time learning to love yourself like Nameless above says, and/or you may want to look into something like Asperger's Syndrome. One of signs of that is a lack of conventional empathy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

I offer that as an idea just because sometimes it helps to know you're not alone in something. It may then be easier to pinpoint what you can do personally to learn to love, so to speak. Loving beings is who/what we are, but some people process it differently than others. :)

"Be true to yourself. Even now we are with you. Free the love within. Your love for us and life. Don’t ask us to tell you what to do. You know in your heart already."
Old 09-03-2014, 11:31 PM
OSPREY1

If I would have wanted anything it would be a loving relationship with the eventuality of a family.

I'm not interested in the so called 'getting laid' I am still lets use the term 'pure/clean' by choice.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator
Who says you have to love a Human?
Just love -whomever, whatever. Don't worry or analyse, just shine, and give. Don't even stop to think 'is this love' or philosophise. Just go out and do it. Love is not a noun, but a verb -a 'doing' word.
And 'love' does not always produce a family life with wife/husband/children either -though oh, so fulfilling!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Nada

What is love?
Love comes with many shades, different depths, varying distance, different heights, and unmeasurable aspects.

Love is an action that comes with agreement, duties, responsibilities, commitments, trust, loyalty, carrying, and bond that stretches beyond the physical boundaries and time...

I was reading the story in the following link... of a Japanese widower who is still trying to bring his wife home even after 3 years since the Tsunami...
http://news.yahoo.com/japan-widower-...155151652.html

His love for his late wife is a beautiful example of love... in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:19 PM
OSPREY1

Confuse me further please do. Anyway I believe such things are lost on me, I suppose such things no longer matter if they ever did, 'love' is but a word.

As for loving other humans, hah not likely.

I thought I'd pose the original question, get some final 'closure' on the subject that needed to be laid to rest once and for all, a dead end that leads nowhere.

Thanks for the input all.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
Confuse me further please do. Anyway I believe such things are lost on me, I suppose such things no longer matter if they ever did, 'love' is but a word.

As for loving other humans, hah not likely.

I thought I'd pose the original question, get some final 'closure' on the subject that needed to be laid to rest once and for all, a dead end that leads nowhere.

Thanks for the input all.

My heart goes out to you. I am sending you light and love.

Here are some hugs to help you get started loving yourself. Because I have learned, I am the only one that can love me. No one can love me for me. They can love me, but they can't make me love myself, I had to do that part. Took me 50 years to learn that, let's hope it doesn't take you that long

So, hug #2: Ask Orin (a being of Light) to send a transmission to you of love and light. Can't hurt, right? And see if you can allow yourself to receive it. If you'd rather, you can ask Jesus, or whoever. You may not be able to feel it right away, so no worries.

I don't know if I mentioned it before (so sorry if I did) but Orin's website has lots of free downloads - meditations - you might go thru the list and see if any sound good to try, and then try it. Some of them are 5 minutes, some 25 minutes. (orindaben.com go to Orin's Meditation room )

If that didn't get you to feel something, try going on You Tube and typing in Abraham Hicks and whatever subject you want. They have an audio recording of just about anything you can think of. Abraham is channeled by Esther hicks, and she is the real deal. Listen to as many as you like, and see if you can feel the energy they are projecting. It is love, and love is energy.

You might try Reiki - Reiki is the love energy of the Universe. Learning Reiki might help you connect to the energy.

I would suggest (as I don't know you) that something is blocking you from receiving, and I would try and let the Other Side guys see if they can unblock it for you. Orin has a meditation of opening up your chakras - I think it is now about $7.00, if you still can't feel the energy.

I didn't feel energy until my 50's. I knew some people could, but it never bothered me that I couldn't, I just figured I was made that way. I was wrong. I wish I'd known earlier what I know now.

Keep asking - that is the key and you will find what you are looking for.

Also, allow yourself to receive the answer. just say to yourself, I am in the receiving mode now and I am going to stay there today, and everyday try receiving.

Ask, then let yourself receive. They are 2 different vibrations, so you have to have some time in between them.

Hope this helps.

You are worthy, you are loved, even if you can't feel it yet. It comes from within you and without.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
I can say that I have never felt the so called 'love', maybe because I am not capable who knows?

I often find myself confused as to whether I'm even supposed too have such feelings of that nature or even if I do anymore?

I have never felt the need for the company of other humans, in fact it brings me nothing but discomfort.

I have spent the better part of my life isolating myself from people for various reasons. I have never had a 'partner' lets use the term or ever been intermit with anyone hint, hint.

I have cut my losses in such areas as there is nothing to hold onto in that area.

I suppose what I'm looking for is insight\opinion\elaborate in this area?

I would very much like to rid my self of this hindrance (pain\confusion) once and for all let go and move on with my life.

OSPREY1

What is Love?

A: The absence of Judgment