Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 30-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Herr Kommandant

Post Fasting In Commemoration

Hello forum!~

I thought this might be a good place to mention this!~ ♥

In January of 2011 I read Night by Elie Wiesel for the first time. I consumed it within 24 hours and spent the next day just researching like mad! I found out that Holocaust Remembrance day fell on April 19th. So I've made it a spiritual thing to fast on Holocaust Remembrance day every year now!~
I accidentally had the date wrong this year and fasted last week, but I will fast again on April 19th for this reason.
I usually try not to eat a thing, if I do, it s VERY small portion of food usually something that can be a symbolism of what they were fed, however my blood sugar gets low, and if I go hungry I tend to get a bit delusional so all my grandparents and parents had an intervention and made me eat last week.

I will be fasting again on April 19th and I would love if other would do it with me! I had tried to get a group to do it last week and had the event posted for about a year, and even though I sent out reminders, my ex and I were the only ones who remembered.

As far as I know I'm not related to any Holocaust survivors or anyone related to the Holocaust, but my Great Grandfather fought on the American side in WWII, and I also believe there's a past life linked to my connection and yearning for more information about such things. I do this as a recognition to Jews, Holocaust, Poles, POW's and everyone else who was a victim of the Holocaust.

This is what I fast for...

What about you, do you fast?
If so, how do you fast / What do you fast from?
And what do you fast for?

Go into as much detail as you like, I would love to hear about how you deal with fasting.

I usually drink water, and sometimes tea if blood sugar gets low, but I try to fast from everything but water at least. I know some people only fast one meal, or sometimes fast something like internet or TV.....Sooo yes!~ I would love to hear about your fasting experiences and such!~
Old 30-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Master

April the 19th is my birthday. It will not be celebrated by fasting, I can tell you that.

I have fasted two full days in a row once, and some single days now and then. I don't fall over but there's a not particularly pleasant feeling of stress.
Old 31-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Herr Kommandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
April the 19th is my birthday. It will not be celebrated by fasting, I can tell you that.

I have fasted two full days in a row once, and some single days now and then. I don't fall over but there's a not particularly pleasant feeling of stress.

My grandmother asked why I couldn't just count the day I already fasted, and I said that wouldn't be satisfactory enough. xD;
I will try do my best to not eat at all this time....But we'll see.
I was laying in the floor trying to die after 11 hours saying I didn't see how anyone survived that long without food and my grandparents just stared at me and asked if I was done fasting yet so they could go get McDonalds....I even refused McDonalds when hungry though...So that right there is a miracle.

Just hope I can last this time.