Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-07-2018, 07:54 AM
SaturninePluto SaturninePluto is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North East united States
Posts: 1,057
  SaturninePluto's Avatar
Shamanism- Returning Power, Extractions, and Soul Retrieval?

I have a question about this to anyone whom is able to answer?

Realize I decided to post this here as I am unsure of whether it could fall into the main North Native American forum.

I am asking in regards to Shamanistic practice of Extractions, Power loss, and soul retrieval.

I am not from Siberia, and have limited understanding of this, for a long while I referred to my own practice as simply shamanistic practice, but rather I have healed before and worked with herbal remedies within my practice and for a while have learned to divine.

A lot of what I know has come from plant research. What I know of divining took years of practice, and from what I know of healing I have learned as well from divining.

I communicate a lot with spirit. I have guides. I have vivid lucid dreams, I have had prophetic dreams.

What I have read defines shamanism as a practice where one communicates with both benign and malicious spirits, and a bridge between the physical, and spiritual world.

The way I view this, this definition alone could describe many cultures and practices.

Now my question. I was doing an energy reading for an individual one day, and found within the aura tumor looking black like areas, and naturally I began to grab and pull at and remove them- this was a distance type work.

I also received an image of an animal felt perhaps to place it within the auric field to bless.

What bothers me is at this time, I had never heard of extractions, or power loss, or any of it. These I viewed as simply things which occurred during my review of the energy field of the individual. I did my best to heal, I naturally felt this was for healing, but had never heard of like I said these things. Extractions, power loss etc.

I am reading more about it tonight- and I am finding the article writer's writing- a lot in it, through this experience I can confirm.

I also came across an auric body which seemed to have a shadow of a full entity inside and this one was tough, and quite painful to try and remove, and after 3 attempts, I felt it had been. The thing felt solid- it was actually a bit painful, but I have not heard of anything like this??? Has anyone else?

My question is why? I am not from the area of serbia that I am aware of, but while energetically trying to read for others, I came upon these things? Is this possible to do for someone from the West and Western world?

Or is this an ignorant question?

Also I am wondering how it is a soul retrieval is done? I am not certain if I have done this. I realize a journey is required, but where does one journey? If I wanted to learn to do this as well, where would I even begin?

Any answers appreciated.

Thank you.
__________________
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Yours In Retrospect, The Universe.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-07-2018, 12:10 AM
sentient sentient is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 295
 
Hi SaturninePluto,
Quote:
I have a question about this to anyone whom is able to answer?
Maybe not answer, but perhaps to explore ………
Quote:
Realize I decided to post this here as I am unsure of whether it could fall into the main North Native American forum.

I am asking in regards to Shamanistic practice of Extractions, Power loss, and soul retrieval.

I am not from Siberia, and have limited understanding of this, for a long while I referred to my own practice as simply shamanistic practice, but rather I have healed before and worked with herbal remedies within my practice and for a while have learned to divine.
I think that there is a little bit of a misconception about what a ‘Shaman’ is, as the word is generally understood to mean ‘Siberian healer’.
Not all Shamen are healers.
Basically - the Shaman serves the ‘Source’ (the Shaman was awakened to) by practically serving Others in whatever capacity the individual Shaman is most apt to serve.
So some can be healers, others are psychopomps, others are seers, ‘prophets’, keepers of cultural mythology history/storytellers, teacher/guide counsellors, ‘magicians’ etc.

Quote:
A lot of what I know has come from plant research. What I know of divining took years of practice, and from what I know of healing I have learned as well from divining.

I communicate a lot with spirit. I have guides. I have vivid lucid dreams, I have had prophetic dreams.
Dreams and visions about the past or the future is very common in shamanic cultures and one doesn’t need to be a shaman to see those.

Quote:
What I have read defines shamanism as a practice where one communicates with both benign and malicious spirits, and a bridge between the physical, and spiritual world.

The way I view this, this definition alone could describe many cultures and practices.
I think, what stands out in Siberian Shamanism is the use of Trance.

Quote:
Now my question. I was doing an energy reading for an individual one day, and found within the aura tumor looking black like areas, and naturally I began to grab and pull at and remove them- this was a distance type work.

I also received an image of an animal felt perhaps to place it within the auric field to bless.
The person’s totem perhaps? Power animal?
A curious thing happened when I did a journey through my chakras:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogU4H6LlEk
Spontaneously an animal appeared with each chakra – and I had never heard of such a thing.
Quote:
What bothers me is at this time, I had never heard of extractions, or power loss, or any of it. These I viewed as simply things which occurred during my review of the energy field of the individual. I did my best to heal, I naturally felt this was for healing, but had never heard of like I said these things. Extractions, power loss etc.
When perceiving ‘energetically’ one comes across a lot of things one has never heard of before.
Quote:
I am reading more about it tonight- and I am finding the article writer's writing- a lot in it, through this experience I can confirm.
Yes, I always research the stuff later on as well ……..
Quote:
I also came across an auric body which seemed to have a shadow of a full entity inside and this one was tough, and quite painful to try and remove, and after 3 attempts, I felt it had been. The thing felt solid- it was actually a bit painful, but I have not heard of anything like this??? Has anyone else?

My question is why? I am not from the area of serbia that I am aware of, but while energetically trying to read for others, I came upon these things? Is this possible to do for someone from the West and Western world?

Or is this an ignorant question?
Of course! it is possible for a Westerner, it is just that in Indigenous cultures people are more readily aware of ‘energy-fields’ - though not all of them either.
But I must admit, I do discern who is indigenous & who is not by people’s awareness of energy-fields.

I tell you a story.
Last town I lived in, there was this slightly ‘Asian’ looking guy (but in Oz you have got heaps of those, so no-biggy).
This guy however captured my attention, because when walking the streets, I suddenly saw him in front of me clear as day – only to walk round the corner – and there he is!
This happened like all-the-time, so finally I asked him who he was and where he came from.
He is a Canadian Native and yes as we compared ‘notes’- he innately is very tuned to ‘energy-fields’.

Quote:
Also I am wondering how it is a soul retrieval is done? I am not certain if I have done this. I realize a journey is required, but where does one journey? If I wanted to learn to do this as well, where would I even begin?
Best not ask others, intend to find the answer and allow your guidance to find the way.
But do you really want to know?
The intent to serve, to heal, I think is enough – best not get ‘greedy’ and get ahead of ourselves.
Your capacity to heal will grow in its own pace and in its own time and situations to help you are ready for will spontaneously appear if you allow space for that kind of 'magic' to manifest …..
__________________
Sacred Earth/Space - Tengri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adCd1c_AWmc
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-07-2018, 04:40 AM
SaturninePluto SaturninePluto is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North East united States
Posts: 1,057
  SaturninePluto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Hi SaturninePluto,

Maybe not answer, but perhaps to explore ………

I think that there is a little bit of a misconception about what a ‘Shaman’ is, as the word is generally understood to mean ‘Siberian healer’.
Not all Shamen are healers.
Basically - the Shaman serves the ‘Source’ (the Shaman was awakened to) by practically serving Others in whatever capacity the individual Shaman is most apt to serve.
So some can be healers, others are psychopomps, others are seers, ‘prophets’, keepers of cultural mythology history/storytellers, teacher/guide counsellors, ‘magicians’ etc.


Dreams and visions about the past or the future is very common in shamanic cultures and one doesn’t need to be a shaman to see those.


I think, what stands out in Siberian Shamanism is the use of Trance.


The person’s totem perhaps? Power animal?
A curious thing happened when I did a journey through my chakras:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogU4H6LlEk
Spontaneously an animal appeared with each chakra – and I had never heard of such a thing.

When perceiving ‘energetically’ one comes across a lot of things one has never heard of before.

Yes, I always research the stuff later on as well ……..

Of course! it is possible for a Westerner, it is just that in Indigenous cultures people are more readily aware of ‘energy-fields’ - though not all of them either.
But I must admit, I do discern who is indigenous & who is not by people’s awareness of energy-fields.

I tell you a story.
Last town I lived in, there was this slightly ‘Asian’ looking guy (but in Oz you have got heaps of those, so no-biggy).
This guy however captured my attention, because when walking the streets, I suddenly saw him in front of me clear as day – only to walk round the corner – and there he is!
This happened like all-the-time, so finally I asked him who he was and where he came from.
He is a Canadian Native and yes as we compared ‘notes’- he innately is very tuned to ‘energy-fields’.


Best not ask others, intend to find the answer and allow your guidance to find the way.
But do you really want to know?
The intent to serve, to heal, I think is enough – best not get ‘greedy’ and get ahead of ourselves.
Your capacity to heal will grow in its own pace and in its own time and situations to help you are ready for will spontaneously appear if you allow space for that kind of 'magic' to manifest …..

Hi,
Thank you for your response.

Thank you for the definition of Shamanism you gave, I have realized this myself- that not all shamans are healers, and there are those whom specialize in different techniques.

And thank you for mentioning trance, yes, I forgot about this. I am able to journey, but do not do trance work to do this. No drumming are anything else in fact. I simply go to a place within mind. These things I find can be difficult to explain with words- some things can not really be accurately described or put to words, so I apologize if I do not explain properly.

Thank you for the link, I have not had enough time to check it out yet, but I will find the time.

Yes the thoughts and feelings that came up for me, were the possibility of this being a power animal- needing to be returned, but at the time I had not heard of such things. I found myself intuiting a lot of what I did while viewing the auric field. I had never seen or tried these things before- that I saw them started me out, I came to the conclusion to try these things. I am still surprised by this experience.

I think I will take my time with this- I am in the process of learning, and the thought of trying soul retrieval frightens me in a way- as I do not know all it entails.

Starting to learn extraction, and helping others find their power is a start, and more than good enough.

I asked these questions as I was unsure why this experience happened to me. I was not expecting it, and am surprised by it.

I shouldn't be I suppose? I have had information out there- I personally have been unaware of come to me in this manner before- in a communicating with spirit type way. I would think, these things eventually would stop coming as a surprise?

Thank you for your response, I found it helpful.
__________________
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Yours In Retrospect, The Universe.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-07-2018, 09:03 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 295
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Thank you for the link, I have not had enough time to check it out yet, but I will find the time.
Oh, you don’t have to watch it, it is just there as an example of going through chakras and discovering animals (or something else?) linked to them.
People’s (ancestral animal forefather) totems I usually see as a superimposed image overlay on their physical appearance.
Quote:
Yes the thoughts and feelings that came up for me, were the possibility of this being a power animal- needing to be returned, but at the time I had not heard of such things. I found myself intuiting a lot of what I did while viewing the auric field. I had never seen or tried these things before- that I saw them started me out, I came to the conclusion to try these things. I am still surprised by this experience.

I think I will take my time with this- I am in the process of learning, and the thought of trying soul retrieval frightens me in a way- as I do not know all it entails.
Don’t push yourself into something you feel uneasy about.
Perhaps the main thing is to know how to centre and balance yourself, so that you can then like - ‘hold vigil’, hold place/space for a person who has ‘split’ - who is quite literally beside themselves and after a while they’ll start to calm down and ‘centre’ themselves.
Quote:
I asked these questions as I was unsure why this experience happened to me. I was not expecting it, and am surprised by it.

I shouldn't be I suppose? I have had information out there- I personally have been unaware of come to me in this manner before- in a communicating with spirit type way. I would think, these things eventually would stop coming as a surprise?
Energetically - we know directly within ourselves what is happening and intuitively often also what to do within that situation, but the left hemisphere, the logical mind is always the last to know and always surprised.
__________________
Sacred Earth/Space - Tengri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adCd1c_AWmc
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31-07-2018, 08:02 AM
Skogsdotter Skogsdotter is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
 
Hello SaturninePluto. Like Sentient said, take your time and hold space, cleanse and observe. Sometimes power animals / soul wander and leave for a certain amount of time. I'd say that can be felt and seen but they come back eventually. If not, then you have to dig deeper.

Im not sure if this belongs here, but sometimes its just a fragment of soul, so to speak, that has "gone missing", not the whole thing, that can cause troubles. And it might have been gone long before. Longer than one might think. For example if there there has been trauma this kind of fragmenting may have happened.

So take time and get to know the situation and what it requires. I myself am still surprised by my journeys, and its a good thing.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums