Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder

Have you healed from sexual abuse?

Has anyone here healed from sexual abuse? I know this is quite a personal question but i’m working on healing myself from this. Well its been quite difficult, i watched a movie which triggered it and tbh i have been listening to binaural beats to heal my root chakra. So i think this is the reason why all these issues are resurfacing and i have been quite sad. Losing a little hope but at the same time i remind myself to just accept whatever im feeling and i will get out of it. I dont know how long its going to take to heal this. Does anyone have any advice? Personally, i dont want to hear ‘go to a therapist’ no offence please.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
Has anyone here healed from sexual abuse? I know this is quite a personal question but i’m working on healing myself from this. Well its been quite difficult, i watched a movie which triggered it and tbh i have been listening to binaural beats to heal my root chakra. So i think this is the reason why all these issues are resurfacing and i have been quite sad. Losing a little hope but at the same time i remind myself to just accept whatever im feeling and i will get out of it. I dont know how long its going to take to heal this. Does anyone have any advice? Personally, i dont want to hear ‘go to a therapist’ no offence please.

My trauma came from the age of 6 and I was 22 when I first figured it all out. There was not much hope for me to heal when that much time had gone by.

However for people who were traumatized in the 12-16 age range and are seeking healing around the 13+ age range then the chances of healing is much better.

The quicker a person gets into therapy and does a full life turn-around the better their odds of healing are.

Also, there will always be "healing" to be done. As long as a person thinks of their self as wounded, they will find things to heal.

At some point a person has to forget the labels of healing and healed and all that stuff and just go "this is me". There needs to be radical acceptance of everything so they can move on. As long as a person makes distinctions inside their self, saying things like "I do ____ because of the trauma, it's not really me doing those things" they are going to drag their self back into their old wounds and will have difficulty moving on.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Knower

Good advice given.

Definite distinction between identifying with
something & identifying as something.

Shivatar is most certaintly correct, the more
attention you give an experience the more power
it has. " Energy flows where attention goes. "

I might add that it is beneficial to deconstruct
the entire experience so you may get to the
roots & heart of the matter.

A deeper understanding of yourself & others
will emerge if you allow it to.
Old 30-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Good advice given.

Definite distinction between identifying with
something & identifying as something.

Shivatar is most certaintly correct, the more
attention you give an experience the more power
it has. " Energy flows where attention goes. "

I might add that it is beneficial to deconstruct
the entire experience so you may get to the
roots & heart of the matter.

A deeper understanding of yourself & others
will emerge if you allow it to.

deconstruct it how?

like examine different angles and motivations for those involved?
Old 19-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
My trauma came from the age of 6 and I was 22 when I first figured it all out. There was not much hope for me to heal when that much time had gone by.

However for people who were traumatized in the 12-16 age range and are seeking healing around the 13+ age range then the chances of healing is much better.

The quicker a person gets into therapy and does a full life turn-around the better their odds of healing are.

Also, there will always be "healing" to be done. As long as a person thinks of their self as wounded, they will find things to heal.

At some point a person has to forget the labels of healing and healed and all that stuff and just go "this is me". There needs to be radical acceptance of everything so they can move on. As long as a person makes distinctions inside their self, saying things like "I do ____ because of the trauma, it's not really me doing those things" they are going to drag their self back into their old wounds and will have difficulty moving on.

There is no harm that can be done by the hand of humanity that cannot be healed by The Great One.

I know from experience. I knew someone who was harmed in this way from a very early age. I have known many who have been harmed in so many different ways. They are very dear to my heart. They are my heroes. Sometimes they have hurt me indirectly because they have struck out, in their way at me. But I love them because they have undured suffering that I cannot comprehend and they are still strong enough to keep the beauty of who they truly are.

I live for them. In truth, there is a great wound running throughout humanity. Suffering is a universal experience at this time. We can not comprehend another's pain. How can I know yours and how can you know mine. Neither of us would wish to. But having suffer I know what it is like to suffer.

There is some suffering that will never be forgotten and to a point, never healed completed. At least in this realm.

I just hope that you never forget just how beautiful you are. Never stop believing this.

I love you.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 27-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
There is no harm that can be done by the hand of humanity that cannot be healed by The Great One.

I know from experience. I knew someone who was harmed in this way from a very early age. I have known many who have been harmed in so many different ways. They are very dear to my heart. They are my heroes. Sometimes they have hurt me indirectly because they have struck out, in their way at me. But I love them because they have undured suffering that I cannot comprehend and they are still strong enough to keep the beauty of who they truly are.

I live for them. In truth, there is a great wound running throughout humanity. Suffering is a universal experience at this time. We can not comprehend another's pain. How can I know yours and how can you know mine. Neither of us would wish to. But having suffer I know what it is like to suffer.

There is some suffering that will never be forgotten and to a point, never healed completed. At least in this realm.

I just hope that you never forget just how beautiful you are. Never stop believing this.

I love you.

thanks adam. much love to you too brother
Old 30-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97

Yes, when anyone decides to work on their chakras, clear their aura, do energy healing. Meditate. Anything like this is part of healing. Healing will bring things up to the surface, so it can be dealt with and healed. Hopefully releasing it in the process. And sometimes, yes, seeing a therapist, or even a friend/family member to talk to, can be helpful for dealing with it, and managing it. Healing, can be very rough at times. It's where the term "healing crisis" comes from.

If you can, see a Reiki master, to help during this time. To help soothe the energy/aura, and even someone to confide in and work with. EFT, can also help with healing trauma, that you have gone through in your life. Carrying crystals can also help. They have been instrumental in their healing for myself. Of course they too will bring stuff up from within.

While, I have not been in those shoes of sexual abuse, to help you fully, I can only offer things that have helped myself, and others, in their healing journey.

So, yes, working on your chakras, is going to bring stuff up.
Old 30-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Pathfinder

I was raped like 12 times when I was four, and I found that recording the events in the highest fidelity possible in a journal helped me heal it the most.

Also, emphasizing with the perpeurtraters has helped, if that's possible in your case.

I no longer remember the events in horrible flashback details. They're just regular memories now. But I only had to heal from one summer. If it went longer than that, the healing would be way harder.
Old 30-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydullard
I was raped like 12 times when I was four, and I found that recording the events in the highest fidelity possible in a journal helped me heal it the most.

Also, emphasizing with the perpeurtraters has helped, if that's possible in your case.

I no longer remember the events in horrible flashback details. They're just regular memories now. But I only had to heal from one summer. If it went longer than that, the healing would be way harder.

Congrats, to you, on healing from such an event, to even be able to talk about it. Not everyone can. That's amazing! Rock on!
Old 05-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Experiencer

I was abused as a child from my earliest memories till 18yrs old. I was physically, emotionally, and sexually abused. I was able to deal with everything except the sexual abuse. What made it even more difficult to deal with was I wasnt just molested by one person I was molested by several different men and I was the common denominator in all the situations so it must have been my fault. Forgiving myself and recognizing it wasnt my fault was the hardest thing to deal with. Then a couple weeks ago I woke up and realized I had forgiven myself that some where on a subconcious level I had worked it all out and I was okay. Work on forgiving yourself, understand you did nothing wrong. I know we all intellectually know it isnt our fault when these things happen to us, but it has been my experiance that even though I knew that intellectually, emotionally I had not felt this way. It is important to be honest with how you feel about it in the areas of self blame. You have to emotionally accept it is not your fault. This has been my experiance so all of this is how I healed. If you need to talk you can message me sweety.

Namaste`