Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
there's always hope! Maybe the generations to come will get sick of living at light speed slow down an take a real look around threw human eyes not YouTube eyes. It's a beautiful world when you see it through human eyes.

Hi hallow,

Yes it is still a beautiful world in many ways.

I grew up surrounded by Forrest and that was the playground for us kids.
The hills are still here and the Forrest with its various life forms.
Plenty of lakes to visit as well.
People are people and most doing what one can do to get through life.
Still receive smiles here and there and these reflect the heart.
Efforts being made to clean up the mess left by some humans and industries.
So life goes on.

At times wonder how much can appreciated if one does not go out into nature and experience the real deal.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi hallow,

Yes it is still a beautiful world in many ways.

I grew up surrounded by Forrest and that was the playground for us kids.
The hills are still here and the Forrest with its various life forms.
Plenty of lakes to visit as well.
People are people and most doing what one can do to get through life.
Still receive smiles here and there and these reflect the heart.
Efforts being made to clean up the mess left by some humans and industries.
So life goes on.

At times wonder how much can appreciated if one does not go out into nature and experience the real deal.
same here. overall I am happy.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Pathfinder

Are humans different then other beings on earth? The only different for me is that we can develop spiritual inner wisdom, and animals can not.

As a buddhist i do not see a difference in animals and humans because i might have been a animal in a past life, or if i dont watch my path this life, i might end up as an animal next life. it all come down to Karma and how much karma we accumulate in a lifetime.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
Are humans different then other beings on earth? The only different for me is that we can develop spiritual inner wisdom, and animals can not.

As a buddhist i do not see a difference in animals and humans because i might have been a animal in a past life, or if i dont watch my path this life, i might end up as an animal next life. it all come down to Karma and how much karma we accumulate in a lifetime.

If you read ' Jakata Tales ' Amanaki you will see they are Fables. When Buddha taught about rebirth as an animal he wasn't referring to the body of an animal but the mentality
Old 12-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Pathfinder

If i understand this sutta correctly, what it talk about is rebirth of Boddhisattvas not of lay person.

When you live a life and do good deeds like have a good moral and have followed the 8 folded path then you do not get reborn as animal.
But if you live unmoral life, and do what you desire and does not care for your own spiritual path and does not care for other living beings, and specially if you have done crime or even murder, then you will be reborn as lower beings like animals aor even hungry ghosts.

But there is always a chance to gain good virtue even as Animals or Ghost, so one is not lost.

Btw. the original question did state that we could answer the way we personally see it. and i did so in my first answer :)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
If i understand this sutta correctly, what it talk about is rebirth of Boddhisattvas not of lay person.

When you live a life and do good deeds like have a good moral and have followed the 8 folded path then you do not get reborn as animal.
But if you live unmoral life, and do what you desire and does not care for your own spiritual path and does not care for other living beings, and specially if you have done crime or even murder, then you will be reborn as lower beings like animals aor even hungry ghosts.

But there is always a chance to gain good virtue even as Animals or Ghost, so one is not lost.

Btw. the original question did state that we could answer the way we personally see it. and i did so in my first answer :)

Which Sutta Amanaki?

Jātakas can be divided up into two categories, those found in the four main Nikāyas and those in the Jātaka collection. Of these those in the Jātaka collection were definitely not told by the Buddha. This is easy to see since the language of this collection is quite different from the language of the Nikāyas.

Of course we all see things differently
Old 30-09-2018, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:

I know very little about buddihist. It might be fun to learn. I feel to that there's little difference between animals and people.
On the subject about inner spiritual wisdom, can a person be truly wise if they follow only 1 spiritual way of thinking? If they only followed 1 idea wouldn't there thoughts and knowledge only be of what they were taught was knowledge be only what they know?
Old 30-09-2018, 05:12 AM
Master
Human beings are the only creatures who place absolute and total importance on their own individual existence at the expense of everything and everyone else.

Have you ever noticed that when another human being is in your way...and as soon as they notice you are there and they are holding you up, they will slow right down doing whatever they are doing because they now have a "captve audience" and they will milk every precious second out of making you wait, due to their over inflated sense of self importance?...It is TRUE.

Today, I went to take my car out of the parking lot...and some smart person pulled in beside me and thought that now was a GREAT time to clean out the passenger side glove compartment, once they noticed I needed to get into my car...

What did I do? I took out a book and sat down on the asphalt behind THEIR car, going "don't mind me...I have all the time in the world...let me know when you are done, because this book is very interesting... can't put it down..."

They couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough...IT WORKED!
Old 30-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Human beings are the only creatures who place absolute and total importance on their own individual existence at the expense of everything and everyone else.

Have you ever noticed that when another human being is in your way...and as soon as they notice you are there and they are holding you up, they will slow right down doing whatever they are doing because they now have a "captve audience" and they will milk every precious second out of making you wait, due to their over inflated sense of self importance?...It is TRUE.

Today, I went to take my car out of the parking lot...and some smart person pulled in beside me and thought that now was a GREAT time to clean out the passenger side glove compartment, once they noticed I needed to get into my car...

What did I do? I took out a book and sat down on the asphalt behind THEIR car, going "don't mind me...I have all the time in the world...let me know when you are done, because this book is very interesting... can't put it down..."

They couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough...IT WORKED!
HAHAHA! That's priceless! I come across people like that all the time. One of things that drive me nuts is when people cross the street either totally not paying attention to what's around them or knowing your coming down the road and Walk out in street making you stop for them just because they can. I don't mean little kids, kids are kids but adults! Know a good solution for that one?
Old 30-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
HAHAHA! That's priceless! I come across people like that all the time. One of things that drive me nuts is when people cross the street either totally not paying attention to what's around them or knowing your coming down the road and Walk out in street making you stop for them just because they can. I don't mean little kids, kids are kids but adults! Know a good solution for that one?
Well, that would all depend on how good the brakes on your car are at very high speed.

I don't know my friend...I could never be a Buddhist (unless I lived in a Himalayan cave somewhere)...

Tomorrow is Labour Day over here...It is a long weekend and for the past three nights, all I can hear are all the neighbours getting drunk, shouting obscenities at the top of their lungs like they are all at a football match, before jumping in their cars and doing screechies and burnouts up and down the street, throwing glass bottles at the houses...and we are supposed to have love and compassion for all these Satan spawn? Gimme a break.

All I know, is if these are what human beings are, I am not one of them and I am proud in judging myself to be far superior to that class of animal...when all I can do is sit here and pray..."when did you say that Armageddon was again? It can't happen soon enough".