Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Perhaps our galactic brothers represent 'the father' symbol which orients our moral compass as authoritative behavioural control to the ends of utopia. A way of trying to live up to imagined ideal standards of acceptability, and hence we imagine if the aliens 'approve'. Our underlying thirst for being love-worthy projected through 'the father's approval'. The narratives of critical mass were 'imaginary' in the sense that there is an 'all good' without contrast of 'good and bad'. Symbolic representations of dark and light encircled represent 'the real' through balanced interdefinition, without being the real itself - the real being a completely unimaginable and undefinable 'thing in itself'.

Critical mass would mean a certain number of people who choose to step out of the low frequency paradigm. Everyone has free will and is free but there have been workings to try to distort free will.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Everyone has free will and is free but there have been workings to try to distort free will.
I haven't spent much time thinking about this, but I'm curious after your comment: how can a "working" distort my free will?

I could see drugs overriding my will - or blending with it - but it would have been my choice to take them. Overwhelming force or rape seem to be the only things that would go against free will (of the victim) and even then many say these things are pre-planned -- not sure I believe that one though.

This thread seems benign at worst, and favorable at best...

Peace.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
I haven't spent much time thinking about this, but I'm curious after your comment: how can a "working" distort my free will?

It's quite simple and happens very often here imo. Lies, manipulation, physical or psychological control, gaslighting, fearmongering, mindcontrol, authority, giving partial/hiding information to influence the decision of another, you name it. It can vary from obvious to very subtle.

like :

You must work 50 hours a week at a job you hate, only to survive
I don't care about you, but pretend to love you and ask you in marriage because you have a lot of money
"If you don't do like everyone else, they will mock you"
"If you don't believe in the church you will go to hell"
Making you believe you need to buy this (useless in thruth) things in order to be happy or heathy...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
It's quite simple and happens very often here imo. Lies, manipulation, physical or psychological control, gaslighting, fearmongering, mindcontrol, authority, giving partial/hiding information to influence the decision of another, you name it. It can vary from obvious to very subtle.

like :

You must work 50 hours a week at a job you hate, only to survive
I don't care about you, but pretend to love you and ask you in marriage because you have a lot of money
"If you don't do like everyone else, they will mock you"
"If you don't believe in the church you will go to hell"
Making you believe you need to buy this (useless in thruth) things in order to be happy or heathy...

I understand your perspective, although I disagree with that subverting my free will. I can choose to believe or disbelieve all of those things you mention. Is it cultural manipulation, yes, absolutely, but we can all choose to walk away from those ideas with which we identify and disagree with... to me, that is free will. Not looking to start a discussion or argument per se, just wanted to hear your perspective. Thank you for sharing.
Storm