Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Master
Opening of the third eye, seeing while eyes already open

It finally clicked for me how to use my third eye when someone said to do penance with the eyes open.

have you ever had your eyes opened, and your awareness switched to seeing something else in your mind. although the focus of your eyes was still on what it was before, your attention and concentration went towards something else.

I think that is the third eye.

its not imagination, its not a conscious effort. its an effortless sight which can be directed through intention.

if you ever are trying to see a certain thing there is no gurantee that you are using your third eye. you could just be imagining it.

For example. "show me lord shiva sitting down and meditating" would cause my imagination to picture that.
but. "show me lord shiva right now" may show lord shiva sitting down and meditating, might show him dancing.

I'm new to the third eye. If my knowledge is incorrect feel free to let me know what you know.

--

When I use my third eye it's like I first enter a tunnel. Images and things seem to begin in the center of my vision, then radiate as if they were on the walls of a cone.

its like I am looking through a tunnel. I can see a movie playing at the end of the tunnel, and on the walls of the tunnel visions flash and pass as if Polaroids or snapshots, but whatever is at the end of the tunnel is not a mish mash of images but like looking through a telescope and seeing something that is far away.

on the walls of the tunnel are images and stand alone frames. at the end of the tunnel is a scene that is continuous as long as I can remain concentrated on seeing it.

also when I fail, I see the stand alone frames at the end of the tunnel. I see many images flashing around but not a scene or a movie. I think this is a failure to concentrate. The pictures and flashing is the mind. When I see the movie it is my consciousness/conscious awareness? not sure yet.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
It finally clicked for me how to use my third eye when someone said to do penance with the eyes open.

have you ever had your eyes opened, and your awareness switched to seeing something else in your mind. although the focus of your eyes was still on what it was before, your attention and concentration went towards something else.

I think that is the third eye.

its not imagination, its not a conscious effort. its an effortless sight which can be directed through intention.

if you ever are trying to see a certain thing there is no gurantee that you are using your third eye. you could just be imagining it.

For example. "show me lord shiva sitting down and meditating" would cause my imagination to picture that.
but. "show me lord shiva right now" may show lord shiva sitting down and meditating, might show him dancing.

I'm new to the third eye. If my knowledge is incorrect feel free to let me know what you know.

--

When I use my third eye it's like I first enter a tunnel. Images and things seem to begin in the center of my vision, then radiate as if they were on the walls of a cone.

its like I am looking through a tunnel. I can see a movie playing at the end of the tunnel, and on the walls of the tunnel visions flash and pass as if Polaroids or snapshots, but whatever is at the end of the tunnel is not a mish mash of images but like looking through a telescope and seeing something that is far away.

on the walls of the tunnel are images and stand alone frames. at the end of the tunnel is a scene that is continuous as long as I can remain concentrated on seeing it.

also when I fail, I see the stand alone frames at the end of the tunnel. I see many images flashing around but not a scene or a movie. I think this is a failure to concentrate. The pictures and flashing is the mind. When I see the movie it is my consciousness/conscious awareness? not sure yet.
There is a way past this. I used to do it a lot when I was younger.

Light a candle in a dark room (I used a black candle for it - less distraction).

Sit about 18 inches away from it, and try and bring the mind and awareness into the present moment.

When you are calm and comfortable, fix your attention on the candle flame...watch it sway and flicker. If thoughts arise, if other images distract you, that's okay, just keep on bringing your focus and your gaze back to the candle flame...as though you are looking at it, but you're not really seeing anything.

You may get the urge to blink...that's okay, just do it but try not to blink, but don't waste time in trying not to. If it happens, just let it.

After about 5-10 minutes gazing at the candle flame this way, close your eyes and notice the 'after image' of the candle flame still burning in your third-eye area and keep your closed-eye gaze on the candle flame behind your eyes until it vanishes.

After it vanishes, open your eyes again and gaze at the candle flame like before...doing the same thing, before closing your eyes and doing the same thing with closed eyes.

Do this 3 times morning and 3 times night and after a month-6 weeks, you'll be able to sit gazing at the candle flame for an hour without blinking, thinking or even realising that you are and when the eyes eventually close, you become the flame!

I can't light a candle since my awakening, because I will immediately gaze at it, not be aware that I'm doing so...4 hours pass like 4 minutes and the house could burn down around me and I wouldn't care, so I avoid doing this.

Stage 2:

After you can sit breathless and thoughtless for an hour, not wanting to close your eyes, do the same thing in front of a mirror...gaze at your own eyes in a mirror instead of the candle flame.

This time, don't close your eyes, but focus on your own third-eye area, between your eyes in the mirror reflection and put your whole concentration there.

After 5 minutes, slightly adjust your eyes so the reflected image appears slightly out of focus, whilst keeping your gaze at the third-eye area in the reflection and you'll begin to see your own face morph into other people, sometimes animals or hideous creatures...and it's tempting to distract yourself and look at it (which will be like it for a second or two before returning to normal) but after a while, don't let this distract you and continue to keep your gaze at the third-eye area.

Eventually, you'll see your own third-eye and you'll be able to command it to open at that stage.

After this, reflections within a mirror tunnel or watching a hypercube morph into the 12th dimension will bring on a deep spiritual trance straight away.

All the best.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There is a way past this. I used to do it a lot when I was younger.

Light a candle in a dark room (I used a black candle for it - less distraction).

Sit about 18 inches away from it, and try and bring the mind and awareness into the present moment.

When you are calm and comfortable, fix your attention on the candle flame...watch it sway and flicker. If thoughts arise, if other images distract you, that's okay, just keep on bringing your focus and your gaze back to the candle flame...as though you are looking at it, but you're not really seeing anything.

You may get the urge to blink...that's okay, just do it but try not to blink, but don't waste time in trying not to. If it happens, just let it.

After about 5-10 minutes gazing at the candle flame this way, close your eyes and notice the 'after image' of the candle flame still burning in your third-eye area and keep your closed-eye gaze on the candle flame behind your eyes until it vanishes.

After it vanishes, open your eyes again and gaze at the candle flame like before...doing the same thing, before closing your eyes and doing the same thing with closed eyes.

Do this 3 times morning and 3 times night and after a month-6 weeks, you'll be able to sit gazing at the candle flame for an hour without blinking, thinking or even realising that you are and when the eyes eventually close, you become the flame!

I can't light a candle since my awakening, because I will immediately gaze at it, not be aware that I'm doing so...4 hours pass like 4 minutes and the house could burn down around me and I wouldn't care, so I avoid doing this.

Stage 2:

After you can sit breathless and thoughtless for an hour, not wanting to close your eyes, do the same thing in front of a mirror...gaze at your own eyes in a mirror instead of the candle flame.

This time, don't close your eyes, but focus on your own third-eye area, between your eyes in the mirror reflection and put your whole concentration there.

After 5 minutes, slightly adjust your eyes so the reflected image appears slightly out of focus, whilst keeping your gaze at the third-eye area in the reflection and you'll begin to see your own face morph into other people, sometimes animals or hideous creatures...and it's tempting to distract yourself and look at it (which will be like it for a second or two before returning to normal) but after a while, don't let this distract you and continue to keep your gaze at the third-eye area.

Eventually, you'll see your own third-eye and you'll be able to command it to open at that stage.

After this, reflections within a mirror tunnel or watching a hypercube morph into the 12th dimension will bring on a deep spiritual trance straight away.

All the best.

this sounds interesting to try.
i thought I heard somewhere that candle meditation is dangerous for the eyesight? is that true?
Old 06-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
this sounds interesting to try.
i thought I heard somewhere that candle meditation is dangerous for the eyesight? is that true?
No more dangerous than staring at a cellphone screen.

However, after the practice, it's usually advised to hold the index finger out from the tip of the nose at a distance of 4 inches, look at the finger, the tip of the nose, the finger, into the distance, the finger, the tip of the nose, the finger, into the distance etc and continue doing that for 5 minutes, before rubbing your hands together very fast until heat is felt, then placing them over your eye sockets with healing intent, until the warmth vanishes...and you may need to do that a few times and then, after that, you're okay to go.