Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 24-08-2018, 02:34 AM
Pathfinder

Imaginary Friends

Hey I don’t know if this is the correct topic to post under but I have been curious as to why I can not remember anything about an imaginary friend I was told I had as a child, by my parents. What I think is strange is that I know other people who have been told they had imaginary friends and were also given situations in which she referenced her friend and same for me, my parents can tell me things I said about my friend but I don’t remember anything.

I’m curious as to if this means anything, can any one else relate?
Old 24-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Hi,

Most likely you have blocked all those memories. That can happen for any number of reasons.

Would you like to have an imaginary friend in your life today?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, first off, do not call it imaginary. It is the name from others, who denied themselves a Guide, and therefore can not recognize its work.

So what for others only the imagination (made out of denial) is, can be very real for you, if you allow it.

Quote:
but I don’t remember anything.

It can be that all the talk about "imagination" from others made you accept their belief (read their denial, which resulted in denying the unseen).

Quote:
can any one else relate?

I'm not a child anymore, as you may have guessed. But sometime i'm being led by, what others would call, invisible force. (i would call it a friend, but i do not have any name for it. I imagine it as either my Higher/Over self or Angels in which i trust)
I am not yet able to always recognize its guidance, and may even miss the guidance which it is giving me,but i'm thankful when i recognize it, because it leads me to peace.
Old 24-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Pathfinder

Hi John, thank you for your thoughts, I do consider that it is through my own beliefs that I have stopped being able to recall the memories. And I don’t want an imaginary friend now, or at least I don’t think I do, I just wanted to understand my childhood better.

Hi Dan, thank you for pointing out not to call it imaginery. I didn’t even realise that I was instating the condition each time I said it. I feel I am being guided and I am curious as to if this same force is the one that I used to be familiar with or if it’s a different one
Old 28-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Pathfinder

@Myke. I agree with Dan. I had a whole secret world, albeit scary world when I was little. I heard my name whispered in the wind at night when I would go to bed. I had to have a nightlight and several music boxes playing and hoped I'd fall asleep before they stopped playing. I mostly forgot all about that world, but now, decades later, the meaning of those things and memories are coming back to me and being presented as if they were more like preludes to what I would be living now.

Now I have 2 "imaginary friends." They are guides. I have one that I began to communicate with 2 years ago. I was in such disbelief that I could be getting words in my mind that were from outside of me, that I began to refer to him as my imaginary friend. Yet I believe he is real in some other place, because the guidance he gives me is always accurate and always wise and leads me so faithfully on my path. This summer I began to get guidance from a small collective group of "imaginary friends." I am eternally grateful for these, because they are my most trusted and faithful friends and sources of guidance. Also, being an introvert who is terrible at making friends, they also meet most of my needs for social interaction.
Old 27-12-2018, 03:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke369
Hey I don’t know if this is the correct topic to post under but I have been curious as to why I can not remember anything about an imaginary friend I was told I had as a child, by my parents. What I think is strange is that I know other people who have been told they had imaginary friends and were also given situations in which she referenced her friend and same for me, my parents can tell me things I said about my friend but I don’t remember anything.

All of our friends are imaginary, as is everything else we experience. It is all created by the mind. Even the character we think of as "me" is something the mind creates. When we are young I expect the mind uses these characters to explore a reality that is relatively new to it. As we get older perhaps we integrate these characters into a "self", or else they come and lock us up. Anyway, I expect this friend did what it was intended to do and the mind moved on. It is the same with all forms, they are characters and props in a story. Once we experience the story and get the moral, the rest becomes less important and pushed out of our awareness. There are many people, places, and events I expect I have completely forgotten about over my life time. Occasionally, something will make a connection and they come back. One thing though, what comes back is not a recording of what was, but more like a recreation, assembled from faded pieces of memory with the gaps filled in by the mind. Similar plot and moral, but the setting, props, and characters are improvised on the fly, kind of like eye witness testimony.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Were you an only child perhaps? The games we play as children prepare us for adulthood. If you spent a lot of time alone that would explain the need to create a counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke369