Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 08-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingClarity
My friend died of a heart attack for 20 minutes and was brought back to life. He doesnt remember anything. Why? I was so disappointed, because I get so much comfort from stories that Ive read. I thought maybe this happened to him so that hed come back with a comforting story for those of us that have lost our loved ones. i was so sad that he had no story. What does this mean? 20 min would be an amazing nde, but he remembers nothing.

I just saw a special release film yesterday (it was 9 years in the making) in which several hospitals in Europe have been tracking NDE's and publishing the findings. Apparently only 18% of the people who die on the table and return remember having an NDE. The rest don't even know their body temporarily stopped functioning and was brought back by doctors until they are told that's what happened by the doctors.

So my best guess is your friend was among the 82% who remember nothing after an NDE. Apparently Not Remembering is Normal.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Master

There are lots of in between states in this life as you know. If you have ever waited on a bus you know what I'm talking about. Obviously your friend was in some kind of what the Tibetans call 'Bardo' state which literally means in between. For whatever reasons your friends physiology and mind were working to impede a lucid NDE from occuring.

I am wrong to say that you're question is giving out the idea that NDEs don't exist because my friend had a heart attack and didn't have one ? I kinda get that feeling from what you're saying ? But it could just be me, if so, apologies.
If you harness a source of energy eg. water, air, fire etc. and run it through a conductor you get electricity, it's predictable. When the human body and mind close down there are variables and unpredicatables. By the way, hope your friend is okay now ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 AM
Newbie ;)

We create our individual realities..maybe your friends beliefs held him in a black space of nothingness because he doesn't believe there is anything after death? Just a thought...
Old 04-05-2019, 08:00 PM
Knower

There was the experience of one lady who became a flatliner in her early thirties as the result of hemorrhaging during childbirth. She lost so much blood the surgeons were unable to keep her from entering an out-of-body state. She floated out the hospital window and soon found herself being chauffeured in a gondola along some ethereal and misty watercourse towards a castle. Upon entering, a powerful wave of energy enveloped her that whisked her off toward what appeared to her to be an empyrean and timeless dimension. There she saw perfectly immaculate landscapes and other souls ambling about, either playing or lost in thought, as if contemplating existence. The doctors were eventually able to bring her back to her physical body. This same lady, almost a quarter of a century later, “died” for a few minutes as the result of surgical complications though upon reviving described not remembering anything unusual at all, this time around.

What might account for those who do not report a near-death experience upon their being brought back to physical existence? There are those who say it is the result of all the drugs that are given patients nowadays, that work as sedatives and can cause memory loss. One or two researchers have offered the possibility that it is the ones who need a NDE the most that may have one, whereas those whose faith is strong enough in an afterlife may not require of them to experience this phenomenon.

Back to the earlier example. This has occurred to numerous NDErs: In one instance, a NDE is reported and in another it isn’t. Perhaps once is enough for each person who has one.

Here I recall what the philosopher Plato said, of souls who choose to come into this world agreeing beforehand to forget their former lives as spirit creatures.

In the case of NDEs, just because a person doesn’t have one doesn’t mean they won’t at some future point, and perhaps unreported to anyone else following its occurrence, or it could be that such ones don’t need to experience one on account of their not needing one to jolt them into undergoing a personality transformation or a change in belief system.