Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 AM
dsc225

Please help newbie cleanse ruby engagement ring

I am so happy I have a ruby engagement ring. My fiance listened (he asked what's my favorite stone and then bought one yay!). Now I have held the crystal and stated that the stone is cleansed and imagined any negativity leaving while white light poured in.

Was wondering if that's okay? Or can I put it in sea salt. I really don't want to ruin such a gorgeous ruby stone but want a way to clear it without damaging it. I know some say water can damage some stones...not sure which? Please any advise? Anything extra I can do just to make sure. Perhaps something quick that can be repeated on a weekly basis? Thanks so much.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Master
IMO intention is the best cleanser you can have - your white light cleansing is probably enough. However, some people find that leaving a stone in the moonlight or indirect sunlight can help - as well as leaving it beside a piece of clear quartz. You might try those things for when you're asleep - then you won't lose any enjoyment of the piece.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Wreckinbell

You can also pass the stone through sage smoke, or incense smoke or through a flame or under running water or bury it in the earth(maybe not lol). I do also believe that your white light was probably enough.
Congradulations by the way!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:48 AM
dsc225

Thanks for the advice and the congrats....I was at a loss. Much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Sungirl

Did you feel the need to cleanse it? Did it feel icky or something?

Some stones like ruby and emerald are actually lab grown and this makes a difference to the energies of the stong. I wondered if it felt icky then whether this was why.

Now that you have done this does it feel like you have changed it in any way?

The best way to work with stones it to listen to your own inner knowing. Very few people here will be able to tap into the energy of that stone and know whether it needs anything doing... but you can sit with it and feel what is right for it.

The best tool you have is your intuition.. spend some time listening to it and learning to trust it.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 AM
dsc225

[quote=tilia]Did you feel the need to cleanse it? Did it feel icky or something?

Some stones like ruby and emerald are actually lab grown and this makes a difference to the energies of the stong. I wondered if it felt icky then whether this was why.
This isn't a lab grown one. It's a natural ruby. My dad is obsessed with jewelry lol and he was the first one to look at it...with a loop. And then we had appraised. To make a long story short the appraiser said it's a genuine natural ruby

I wondered if it felt icky then whether this was why.
It felt HORRIBLE...but I'm thinking it had to do with negative energy (if not her, something). I am pretty sensitive to energy. When I first started wearing it last month it was fine. Then this lady...who never talked to me (in class I'm a master's student)...finally took interest. She came up and asked if it was an engagement ring, grabbed my hand and proceeded to rub the stone back and forth with her index finger (no joke, literally)! It was odd. Usually someone may pick up your hand and look closer, but not put their index finger directly on a stone and then rub it with force.

I've never seen someone do that before. She then said it's "pretty and big.", let go of my hand and walked off. That bothered me.She's not the nicest person. So anyways I noticed last week whenever I put it on my joints ached, like I can't explain it but it was this feeling...so I thought it was my fibromyalgia. BUT then I realized it only happened when I put on my engagement ring. I tested out this theory by putting it on again and viola! Then I traced back when it started creating this...feeling in my hand (almost like a vibration that made my joints ache which is more than normal fibromyalgia and it started at that finger and spread out through that hand. But my other hand would be fine).

So I realized that I probably SHOULD have cleansed it..
I was excited about the meaning of rubies but skipped that part. So I'm sure it was touched by others before hand I'm sure, but I didn't have any problem with it so I just didn't think of it. Nor have I ever cleansed (or had) a stone before...with the exception of one that a friend made for me that was blessed with intention to a specific purpose. That one was really helpful....anyways....so to make a long story short that's why I cleansed it.

Now that you have done this does it feel like you have changed it in any way?
Yes. ...let me explain I've put light around me before (white light) for protection purposes around me and angels (I also call on them a lot). but never as a cleansing as I don't work with stones usually (but would like to)...and that's why I thought it would be good to ask those who have done so before.

B
...this is how I knew it was cleansed...I imagined all the bad energy leaving it and a white light coming from the sky engulfing and transforming it and taking it away (I didn't want it lingering in my space) and I also imagined light pouring into the stone. Well it's a ruby and it's a blood red (darker one) so the only time it changes color is when it's under light. Like when I'm outside, or in a bright room it sparkles. Well I was in my room with the lights off and that ring didn't glow exactly but the best way to describe it was it was like the light turned on in the room but just "in" the stone, no where else. I actually saw a stone that appeared dark in the darkness, actually actually change color to look lighter for a second. It was like light was pouring in it, or it was catching the rays of sun (but there was no light in the room).

I almost freaked out cause I wasn't expecting that but I kept going. Then when I stopped imagining the light it turned back to it's regular color. It wasn't an extreme change in color, but it was significantly a few shades if not more brighter (almost as if it were a a borderline medium/light ruby instead of dark ruby) while I did the white light imagery and when I finished it went back to a darker blood red. It actually flickered like it was in the sun when I was doing it.

I've been working with light for protection (long story so won't go into it as this one is already long) for a decade. SO I guess my intention is really strong er...or a better way of saying it is focused. So anyways I touched it and it became cool to the touch (but not tingly. I read somewhere it should be tingly). When I put it back on, my hand did not hurt anymore.

Every time I take it out of it's case, it's cool as a cucumber (since the day before yesterday. I guess I wanted to double check that I did it right cause I'm new to this cleansing thing.

The best way to work with stones it to listen to your own inner knowing. Very few people here will be able to tap into the energy of that stone and know whether it needs anything doing... but you can sit with it and feel what is right for it.

Really I chose that stone without knowing. My fiance took me to a store and asked what I like and they took out stones and I was drawn to that one. I pointed and said it was beautiful. As it wasn't the usual shape for an engagement ring (cushion)...I didn't think much of it. I thought he was just asking what I like. I excused myself and left to find a restroom but I guess he told them to keep it. Cause next thing I knew I had it . So I thought I'm off to a great start because I heard it's best to pick your own stones.

The best tool you have is your intuition.. spend some time listening to it and learning to trust it. I think you're right. I need to stop second guessing myself. I do believe I cleansed it so I shouldn't double check. That feeling is completely gone now . Most of what I (instinct wise) go by is feeling for lack of a better word. It feels better.

Thanks for this. And forgive my long letter.

Last edited by dsc225 : 09-10-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 AM
dsc225

Forgot to add. Since cleansing it, it seems to garner much more attention. It's beautiful and gets attention in its own right, but now it's odd how much attention and how many people speak about or look at it. It's like they're drawn to it. Like it's a beacon or something. BUT they don't touch it like she did. They definitely compliment it (which was not my intention with cleasing it) but I wanted to note that. Wondering if stones catch attention the lighter they are (cleaned)? I also put intention into it which has to do with my career and just amplifying the power of ruby in general because I like all the stuff it helps with including self love and confidence (from what I've read)
Old 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Sungirl

Hi

Don't worry about the long post, I always think people write too little which means people can only give generic answers.

I'm glad your ring is natural :)

Something to bear in mind.. just another angle on it. It may be that the woman put som bad energy into the ring as a whole. Remember there is the gold too.

Anyway it's good that you are following your intuition here. There is nothing wrong in asking questions but be sure to filter all the answers through your own inner truth :)
Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 PM
LightFilledHeart

So many ways to cleanse crystals and other gems and minerals! Setting them out in the light of the full moon, rinsing them in water mixed with sea salt, passing them through the smoke from a smudge stick, etc. One of the easiest utilizes your own breath and intent! You hold it in front of your mouth, set your intent to clear it, and blow three short forceful breaths into the stone. You can then program it with whatever quality you would like it to embody and enhance, again setting your intent and issuing the three short, powerful breaths. It's very effective
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
dsc225

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Hi

Don't worry about the long post, I always think people write too little which means people can only give generic answers.

Great cause I have a lot to say and learn. I am so excited to find a spiritual forum.

I'm glad your ring is natural :)

Something to bear in mind.. just another angle on it. It may be that the woman put som bad energy into the ring as a whole. Remember there is the gold too.

So meaning to cleanse the entire ring? Who knew that someone could do that! But I guess anything is possible. I did say "this ring is cleansed" and then repeat and say this stone is cleansed. I did it accidentally but maybe my instinct was on to something. I'm just learning. And I'm quite shocked that the ring could change so fast. I mean there was so much pain in that hand.

Part of me wonders if it was intentional. Either way, I'm glad I'm doing something about it.

Anyway it's good that you are following your intuition here. There is nothhiing wrong in asking questions but be sure to filter all the answers through your own inner truth :)

Thanks so much. I appreciate your insight.