Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 AM
Pathfinder

Going Into the Light

Hello, I have been reading a lot on life after death. So many mention Going Into the Light.

The latest book I read was from Joe McMoneagle who was a remote viewer from the Military. He had two NDEs.

The first one he said he went into the Light. He thought he was with God. However, in the second one, he saw the Light in a distance...and was held back by two guides..however this time he noticed the Light had edges. This made him unsure if this was God...

So after reading and studying much on this, I am wondering if the Light is more of some kind of therapeutic place for the newly dead? And once they reach this point, then they are assigned or placed into the area that best suits them? Many believe there are healing centers or releasement centers after death...perhaps this is what the Light represents...

Also, If so, is there someplace else one is to met the Creator/Source...it does not appear that this God-Source is always apparent, even to those who practice OOB. I do not think this at all disproves a Creator though...

Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:00 AM
Pathfinder

Thinking more on terms of the Going Into the Light...and placement of the newly dead.

Can one reach the dead via Astral Projection, or does this get harder the longer they are there? It seemed easier before....
Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Experiencer

When I had a NDE I saw no tunnel or bright light. Afterward when I was conscious in this body I knew I'd had a NDE, but wondered why I didn't experience the tunnel/light. After doing research on NDEs I found it's not uncommon to not experience the light and going into it.

IMO, I think we have to remember that in a NDE (or OBE) consciousness (the spirit, soul...whatever) is not completely severed from the body. Because of that, our ego might still have some influence (?). I've read that some say there's 'the silver thread' that needs to be severed before separation of consciousness from body is complete. Makes sense to me since no two NDErs "see" the exact same things (yet there seems to be overwhelming evidence and agreement that the experiencers have a common outcome in reality of the experience and in the importance of unconditional love).

Also, some NDErs say there is a "barrier" one must cross. This might indicate the idea of the "silver thread" (?)

I don't think anyone (at this time, anyway) can (whether a NDE, OBE or remote view that dimension where consciousness goes after final severance from the body) a perfectly complete picture of that dimension, realm...whatever. That's just my thought, and of course it's subject to change...depending on what is found in agreement and how it resonates from experiencers from multiple sources. Yet, we still have our egos to contend with...lol.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Guide
I've read that story too.

I think I recall some theorizing that the distant, softer light (beyond the more immediately apparent one) is an escape or final exit, of some sort. But, really.. there are trillions of stars in the sky, and there are likely just as many ways one can experience the immediate after-death realm. The Bardo states (as described by Tibetan buddhists) make sense to me, though I am not a Buddhist-- first, the death and dying, dissolution and the "clear light", maybe some ego or karma-related business-- then, visions and encounters within the nebulous in-between dimensions and worlds; deities, perhaps your own residual projections and so on-- and THEN (sorry, this paragraph is becoming a mess, I know) finally a total and utter clarity, understanding and peace. And then, I assume, a rebirth process. (Of course that's a vague, short, possibly butchered version of it; it's been a while since I've trudged through all those texts) Though I do not personally feel that reincarnation is a compulsory thing.

Intuitively, I do think there is a bit more to it than walking into a light. I also think after death there may indeed be a sort of "Ego death" process (or at the very least, a rapid disintegration of the illusion of separateness which perhaps can be jarring for some? As it would be a bit like one's consciousness being turned inside out, monsters flying free and all), even if that process is simply wading through and sloughing off all the residual though-forms and self-created labyrinths-- or, perhaps getting lost in their crumbling mind palaces (or whatever) -- I'm sure some may experience a resistance to this. And I'm sure what one sees immediately after death can be influenced by one's long-held religious/spiritual beliefs to an extent.

As for the "silver thread".. Ehh, I don't know. I see it less as a single thread and more of an inter-dimensional web. I lot of the narrative surrounding NDEs does not resonate with me.

(Sorry about all the long and confusing parentheticals..)
Old 02-06-2016, 01:37 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you both for the thoughtful responses. I have talked to another NDEr about this Light place, he was from India...interesting when he had his NDE, he found himself in a place of light, and his friend who had passed many years before was there to greet him. I never had the heart to ask him, since he believed in reincarnation, how it was that his friend was there as a greeter. (This man was so very kind and sweet! and does a lot of ministry as he is a doctor)
I myself have wondered when I had a gallbladder issue many years ago, that resulted in surgery, that right beforehand I found myself in a very white space, very white, and told myself I am okay with dying. I have no idea why I even thought such a thought as I had young children.
I have read there are multiple places that one can go, not necessarily bad, perhaps a holding station of sorts.
But Joe's interview had me thinking, especially since he is deeply involved in the Monroe Institute, if there is more known about this Place of Light...
Interestingly enough, I went back to my Facebook page after posting this and I had been accepted as his friend (I really didn't think it would be approved)
and the chat window was open with his pic! Odd.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:37 AM
Newbie ;)
Concerning your friends nde, I remember reading in the book Destiny of souls by Michael Newton that when you incarnate you always leave a part of you behind. I believe you can be in two places at once, so your friend could have been greeted by his friend, even if he had reincarnated already.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Master

I dont think this is true , but a few see the light as a trap .
Old 09-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Newbie ;)

Light as therapeutic center is an interesting theory. Till now, I considered light source to be GOD...now I am a bit confused
Old 10-06-2016, 02:48 AM
Master
Each persons’ NDE or OOB experience will be as unique as they, or their consciousness is. I am a Vietnam War veteran and have had NDE, and also after the military when I began doing quiet meditation I’ve had OOB experiences. I do not assume that what I experienced is what others will experience because I have spoke with others, friends I used to hang out with, who also had these experiences and there were slight differences in what they shared.

Your life here on Earth is unique; you may have a lot in common with other human beings but there is an aspect of uniqueness to your human existence, and it is no different beyond this world. From my perspective; everything is God, everything is what we call “consciousness,” everything is fluid and formless. Form follows function, or how something was created to operate. The light is always with us, even at this very moment. If a person goes deep enough in meditation, beyond thoughts and emotions, they will come to a point to where all they see is light; regardless whether they are awake, asleep, meditating or not; they will see Divine Light 24/7 in everything.

The light itself is extremely therapeutic, healing, containing unfathomable wisdom and grace, and when you feel that light it feels like overwhelming, intoxicating, love. On the so-called “lower” planes, so-called because there is no such thing as “high or low” beyond this physical existence. Infinity has no boarders or boundaries. But in the realms closest to physical existence, often referred to as the Astral planes, life is similar to here on Earth; there are hospitals, etc., and consciousness/souls, etc. take form as they do here on earth. But beyond the Astral realms is a different story, keeping in mind that it is all “story.” Yes, there is a “silver cord” connected to the human body, which is severed when we die a human death. It is as a spiritual umbilical cord that when severed allows us to take birth on the other side. Fact is, we are already there. The light which we talk about that is beyond this world exists right within us, deep within our capacity to feel.

“There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth, beyond us all, beyond the heavens, beyond the highest, the very highest heavens. This is the light that shines in our heart.” Chandogya Upanishad, p. 113

“The light of the body is the eye, if therefore thine eye be single, they whole body shall be full of light.” King James Bible, Matthew, 6:22

“When the divine sight is opened, all appear as equal and one, and there remains no distinction of good and bad, high and low.” Sayings of Ramakrishna, The Bible of the World, p. 171

“He who knows this light, even in dreams, will be saved.” The Koran, “Light”

“I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.” BOTA Kabbalah, Pattern on the Trestle board

“ You cannot see me with those gross eyes. I therefore bestow upon you the divine eye.” Bhagavad-Gita, 11:8

“Thine own consciousness, shining, void, and inseparable from the Great Body of Radiance, hath no birth, nor death, and is the Immutable Light.” Tibetan Book of the Dead, 96

“By meditation upon light and upon radiance, knowledge of the spirit can be reached and thus peace can be achieved.” Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: I; in Bible of the World, p.147

“What was your face before your parents were born?” Suzuki, Zen Buddhism, p.134
Old 10-06-2016, 04:57 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I dont think this is true , but a few see the light as a trap .

Gnostics say those lights are created by parasitic beings called 'archons', to keep humans trapped on earth in order to feed on their light energy.

Though if that is true, then how do you get towards 'god'? They say that the only way to do that is within your own astral being.
I'm not an expert on the Gnostic faith, but as a christian who occasionally follows Buddhist philosophies.
It's pretty interesting how many forms of Buddhism and christian Gnosticism go hand in hand when it comes to finding God or your "path" within yourself. Sorry about the long post, it's just been on my mind recently.