Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Xenophilia

Essentially the dead can't come back. Necromancy could come into play but that's not truly bringing back the person, it's just using a body to host the spirit, which is then enslaved and usually corrupted. It all leads down to a corruption thing. Then again most spirits don't want to return and just wish to move on;.
Old 20-04-2011, 05:25 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I'm on-board with the idea that our bodies are merely vehicles that wear out after a time.

However--our Spirits are energy and energy never dies. I believe there are a finite number of Souls and they are continually recycled--until we have learned all we came to experience, know, and accept--then we are allowed to move beyond the Wheel-of-Karma and Reincarnation.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...
Old 20-04-2011, 07:16 PM
unus supra

il tell you what, this is a way i use to verify ideas. I basically look at a few fundamental laws, like the micro cosm is a reflection of the macro cosm.

The small is a reflection of the large, to understand the glory of the sun, understand the humility of the candle flame right?
essentially everything is reflected in everything else.

So i look at our creations. We have roads, but without cars the roads would be useless. To experience the road, the driver goes into the car.

We have the internet. Without computers the internet would be useless.
We essentially "go into" the computer, direct its actions in accordance with our will.

To understand creation, look at the creations of its creatures.
Thus it stands to reason, we have earth, without a body, or a vehicle
that operates at corresponding wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum (as to that wich we deem "physical"), we could see it maybe,
but we couldnt interact with it. thus we go into a body, and direct it in accordance with our will.

it makes perfect sense.

no?
Old 21-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Chalk1990

Earth is a temporary home for us, why would we want to stay here permanently, when our real home is back where we came from, the spiritual plane. Like many say we are 'spirits on a human journey'.
Old 27-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Seperate_Reality

Sometimes the body can appear dead or is in the process of dying. The spiritual being operating that body might not be in a big hurry or not yet ready to kick-start that body up again. Sometimes the spiritual being abandons that body and another spiritual being comes along, see's this abandoned body that can be revived and decides to start operating it. Same body, but different spiritual being operating the body now.
Old 27-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Ascender
Well there are ways that you can bring a person back for a short while.

This Vidya was created by Adi Shankaracharya. Through it even a dead person can be brought back to life. This practice may seem to be a myth but it had been used by Guru Gorakhnath several times. Today only a few persons have practical knowledge of this Vidya.

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 28-08-2011, 09:37 PM
daddysgirl

What a brill question, I often wonder this myself, especially as Jesus is supposed to have died for us and rose again
Old 29-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophilia
Essentially the dead can't come back. Necromancy could come into play but that's not truly bringing back the person, it's just using a body to host the spirit, which is then enslaved and usually corrupted. It all leads down to a corruption thing. Then again most spirits don't want to return and just wish to move on;.

Right-on, Xenophilia! Necromancy is something I'd steer clear of myself (much to the relief of most of you, I'm sure )
I believe our Fate is already largely written before we even incarnate, and any distressing happenings (for us, or through our sufferings or "death", our loved ones) are already factored into both their and our own lifeplans by a loving Father/Mother God who has only our interests, and spiritual growth, in mind. We each agree to these circumstances before we even arrive here - and then most of us "forget" the agreement part, and just forge on through our lives as they are, growing in wisdom as we deal with our circumstances.

Abusing spiritual laws is a freewill choice - but anyone doing so will pay a hefty karmic penalty at some point in their own lives.

Angel Blessings to All
Old 29-08-2011, 08:50 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

[quote= World Teacher for the coming Age.
All the great religions posit the idea of a further revelation to be given by a future Teacher.
Christians hope for the return of the Christ
Buddhists for another Buddha (the Lord Maitreya),
Muslims await the Imam Mahdi,
Hindus expect a reincarnation of Krishna,
Jews await the Messiah.
Students of the esoteric tradition know all these as different names for the same individual -- the Lord Maitreya, the World Teacher,
[/QUOTE]

All religions also share the view that there is some kind of after life that will be a reward or pleasant experience.

Religion is an attempt to corporealize spiritual information, it corporelizes this because of the corporeal concept of time and space. The rationale being 'There must be something after because we experience lineal life'.

However spiritual insight as recorded by all great sages who have attained spirituality write from a space of spirituality which has no relevance to corporeal understanding.

The world teachers that are being awaited upon are actually the force which brings correction to the egoistic desire, in which humanity is brought to spiritual independence, this will not come in the form of a person, it is infact within you.

The word dead refers to a desire that has been corrected. The desire to receive energy for oneself at the expense of another. Meaning there is no feeling or intention towards wholeness or unity but just to take for oneself once corrected and becomes dead, this is why the biblical reference to the word 'forbidden' is also attributed to the dead. Forbidden means it is something which you have not yet attained. therfore if you have already a corrected desire why would you wish to re-attain it.

Resurrection of the dead refers to all the collectives egoistic desires of humanity that an individual cannot correct by themselves, they are therfore laid to rest, and at the point where all of humanity reaches spirituality these desires are re-born and corrected to a state of bestowal, which is equivalence with spirituality.

So the question why can't the dead come back to life? Now takes on the form 'why would you wish to start smoking again if that desire has already been corrected?'
Surely there are plenty of other parts to find that require correction.

Life and death are states that we experience in this world, opposites that allow a third component of choice.

Just my spin
Old 31-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

... ummm ... I think I agree with you, Paul

My brain just needs to catch up with my intuition!

Meanwhile -

Angel Blessings to All