Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Yassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm certainly one who believes that reincarnation is an option for all....

As for the, quote: ".... believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?" well I was never hobbled by any such beliefs so I'm unable to answer your question. But may I ask one in return that may open up communication?

Might there be something in your life that leaves you believing in a rewards and punishments system in a heaven and a hell?

I don't believe in the system although I was brought up in a strict muslim family. When I was a child there was a feeling in my heart that most of the stuff that I was told wasn't the truth.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Yassi

Thank you for your replies. I quite agree with all opinions. I'm sure sooner or later all people will change their attitudes to the heaven/hell concept.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
Thank you for your replies. I quite agree with all opinions. I'm sure sooner or later all people will change their attitudes to the heaven/hell concept.

I wish I could share your confidence. I suspect this world and its inhabitants have a long way to go before the 'old teachings' are likely just to begin to fade away.

sooner-or-later? I fear it's likely to be much later ....

Mainstream religions of all denominations are so firmly embedded in our cultures that trying to show where they're inaccurate (not necessarily deliberately untruthful) is likely to be met with such obstinacy and inertia that significant change is highly unlikely.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if there were an outpouring of energy into the venture from discarnate allies in the etheric, perhaps then some changes might be possible. Looking back at the history of the world, however, there is little cause for such optimism.

Maybe, though, it was always envisaged by the designers of the physical system in which we live that the world, and the beliefs of its inhabitants, would be just this way? Plainly when we're away from this dimension we know the truth of the situation. If we knew it while we're in-the-body, how (one might ask) would we learn about living 'in the dark' about such matters?

One might also ask whether the physical dimension would then have its special purpose, assuming one accepts that it has a special purpose in the first place....
Old 30-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?
Hello, Yassi, for me, I don't think that I ever believed in heaven or hell, the christian title of heaven. Plus aren't heaven and hell from christian beliefs mostly? My mom tried to raise me catholic, but I would have no part of it. I was very willful when it came to that. I was in the 2nd grade and the priest was telling me what a pretty girl I was in my blue bonnet and blue dress and I felt like spitting on him...mostly because I was a tomboy and hated that bonnet and dress..but I told my mom, I do NOT want to go. I hated it. Even then I felt it was against MY belief system. I was 4 at least when I first recall thinking about reincarnation because I said I was too tired to do this again and I meant tired of coming back ...in life again... as though I remembered the last and I remembered the in between and already as a tot, I wasn't having a jolly good time. Sigh.

anyway, I would hear all the preaching and screechings of hell fire and eternal damnation and so many people during one period of my life adamant I need to be saved. And while I chose to go to church I believe, for another reason, I think I really did know hell at least, that if we don't do x, y and z, we were surely to be sent off to hell was a lie and a control tactic.

So I tried out being a christian and one day I was in despair because of goings on in my life...I wanted to die. But to kill myself would be a huge sin and I would be cast to hell for greater sufferings ...I sat there in my car and thought good god, I'm trapped...damned if i do, damned if I don't... I wailed and sobbed and I cried out to God and said forgive me, I can't do this and I have to trust as I always have that you are love, you are LOVE...and that you love me and love does not include things as hell which is evil and wicked. I asked for forgiveness in what I thought I was about to do...and it was crazy...it was gloomy and raining on and off but a ray of sun came down. I know, dramatic, but I looked at it and sobbing and it meant nothing, but at the same time it was wonderful...I sat there looking dog faced at that ray of sun and feeling totally spent and resigned to go and clock out of life...when glorious joy came over me. I started laughing. However the way god or this universe works...and speaks, it just brought me back to the realization that this was all just part of my journey, and I had to find out if religion was real or not, at least christianity, which I didn't believe in, but felt I had to find out for myself...and once I found out what I already knew... it even took away my desire to die because there was real love out there and I didn't have to keep trying to fit myself into some mold others tried to force me in and I was free and liberated. I think that was the greatest feeling...the liberation of myself from religion.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Administrator
Quote:
From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?

Hello

What one calls Heaven and Hell are typically Christian Bible terms....when one goes to the path of more Metaphysics those become Karma in nature more or less I feel. That path of what one gives out one gets back. So if one gives out good and helpful energies that is what one will get back, but if one deals in the darker side of things one might well get a lesson in Karma come back at them. If one is delt a lesson for doing something negative that is usually not a nice event.

The rewards in life are the personal knowlege one has walked a path of being a good person and not doing harm so the reward might not be fully known in this life but our Soul gets to take that forth with them. If one has lead a life of doing wrong then even if in this life one did not see punishment I am sure there are lessons for that Soul to come back with to put right. Karmatic Debt.

Lynn
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
ANON

To understand the reality of hell ,or hades if you prefer, you have to understand that there is demonic forces who continually work against you and at times you may very well see them , how many of you have met the seductress , she is a shapeshifter with her own powers and works very closely with lucifer. She is first point of contact before meeting lucifer and if you are seeking him you will not find him as he was removed in the year 2004 to a place in another realm where he shall remain until released again. She has not visited with me for a while , but then I have answered most of her questions though she is still not satisfied with some of my answers, and when she does travel to me I am asleep but know there is someone in the room, a presence, and I awake to find her lying beside me with her arm propped up on the pillow just watching me, I am so used to her visiting I just say "what do you want" and she will begin asking her questions. It was not always like this, in the early period if she could turn me to stone she would have.
The labyrinths are not good, not good at all, it's dark and it's only when you get close that you can see people, sometimes there is sporadic light which may or may not help if you are trying to be invisible to all that roam there. Then there is the creatures that roam the labyrinths, armed with spears they patrol the labyrinths. Hieroglyphics depict them, they stand about 5' 8" tall , I'm 5' 10" that's how I know their height, think of an Alsatian without it's coat, walking on it's back legs , now you know what they look like.
I have watched people sell their souls to lucifer and gain all the toys in the world, unprecedented wealth being offered to them, the rooms where business takes place, are always full. that is the true definition of "free will" . as I wrote earlier, 7 years have passed since Lucifer's capture and obviously within that time frame no one can sell their soul, but the demons who have no master still exist.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
mac

what a crock - sometimes I despair
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM
ANON

despair all you like !! you know nothing of yourself nor the world that surrounds you. your ego will not allow it.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANON
despair all you like !! you know nothing of yourself nor the world that surrounds you. your ego will not allow it.

I don't like despair at all. Perhaps you might take a look in the mirror before you speak about the ego of others:

".... first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's...." it says somewhere or other.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
mattie

Knowing What Another Thinks About Self & The World???????

Quote:
... you know nothing of yourself nor the world that surrounds you.

It takes a considerable amount of omniscience to determine what another knows of their self or their world.

Quote:
your ego will not allow it.

The ‘ego’ charge is often trotted out on spiritually oriented forums as a stock rebuttal. It’s similar to another stock charge when there is a disagreement that another’s position isn’t heart based. LOL. Both are often used when the person using them seems to not have a strong rebuttal or position their self or as an attempt to undermine the other person’s judgment.

Ego is just sense of self, our individuality. This seems to imply that ego is autonomous from our self, making independent decisions.