Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Kristine

I think I did something, but I don’t know what it was, or how I did it.

on holloween
I was exhausted physically and laid in bed next to the window and watched the shadows of the light shine through my closed eyes. I was listening to tv and aware of everything around me.
After a while I started to see people’s faces. At first, I just watched and it didn’t really make sense. It wasn’t the first time, but there were more of them. I didn’t recognize any of the people. The people moved back and forth kind of fading into the background when another one would appear.
Then I saw a circular like window and there where people looking through it. The window seemed distant, but not too much. There was like a darkish, but not really dark, swirly shadowy purplish thing that was moving around on the right. It was like a mass of something.
Then the window started to move farther away from me and at that point, I thought it was the light I had heard people talking about. I tried to talk to them, but no one talked to me. I felt this falling or maybe anxiety thing in my entire body, kind of like I felt before when I was sole traveling and laying back in my body. I felt it happening twice only a minute apart or so. I knew I wasn’t sole traveling as I know what that is. I wasn’t dream traveling either as I know what that is.
To make it even weirder, I thought I saw god and he had salt and pepper hair and I’m not religious. I don’t even know for sure that I’m a spiritual person and while I have read the definition many times my brain isn’t connecting with it for some reason.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Master
The brain or ego mind is the most insecure aspect of us. That is why you experience "this falling or maybe anxiety thing". The minds comfort level with these things is very limited.

You have experienced and identified, as well as labeled "soul traveling" and "dream traveling" for your mind and your human comprehension. Could you imaging that even those descriptions are not as well defined as they could be. This experience is either a 3rd category or an expanded appreciation for those previous ones that you have mentioned.

We are all spiritual people however our conventional understanding for that definition is sadly lacking. Its that ego mind thing again. I recommend expanding the "humility energy" to a place where it is comfortable with the unknown and the unknowable.

What you saw was your higher self. It is that aspect of you which holds the mind and love of god at its highest level. I suspect that the definition of god as described by the Kryon information may be something that you can connect with. There are 5 channeled messages at this page that may be able to help you with that.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25b.html

If it does, then good. If it does not, then keep looking. There are always better answers that we are encouraged to discover.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Kristine

Thank you John.
So my mind doesn’t like what I did?
I may not be understanding this right, but my names or label for previous things doesn’t explain what I did or saw the other day. I know people have researched sole traveling and it is generally referred to as out of body. People have researched dream traveling and labeled it lucid dreaming. I guess I’m looking for a name for what I did so I can find more info on it and understand it.
I think I read a bit about the channeled information before, but the person had some flaws. Ill check it out though.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Medium_Laura

Look into hypnagogia. Our minds while falling asleep tend to enter a state of mind where it can play memories of our day or create things. Sometimes this can be paranormal, sometimes it isn't.

Quote:
In the hypnagogic state, visions, voices, weird insights and unusual sensations greet us as we drift out of consciousness. Faces may appear, threatening or comical. A landscape may open up, with distant mountains and wide, expansive vistas. Geometric forms, jewels, diamonds and intricate patterns may dance before our mind’s eye, not unlike those seen under the influence of certain psychoactive substances. Splashes of colour, flares, sparks and cloud-like forms-known as ‘entoptic lights’, ‘phosphenes’ or eigenlicht, may drift through our drowsing consciousness, accompanied by strange, nonsensical sentences announcing portentous truths. We may feel we are floating, or that our body has grown to enormous proportions, or that we have suddenly grasped the answer to the riddle of the Universe.

The term ‘hypnagogic’ was coined by the 19th-century French psychologist LF Alfred Maury, and is derived from two Greek words, Hypnos (sleep) and agogeus (guide, or leader). Some years after Maury, the psychical researcher FWH Myers coined a complimentary term, ‘hypnopompic’, to cover similar phenomena occurring as we wake from sleep. Some researchers are keen to split hairs, but in general there seems little difference between the material produced in either state, the main difference being which point of the sleep cycle investigators have chosen to observe.

Most ‘scientific’ accounts of hypnagogia view it much as they do dreaming - a random, meaningless activity of the brain, a means, at best, of clearing its circuits, but more likely just a way of dumping psychic clutter. That reams of anecdotes and hundreds of introspective accounts by non-scientists show the shallowness of this approach need not be stressed. Anyone with the interest, time and determination can quickly discover that the dreaming brain is engaged in creative, analytical and, not infrequently, paranormal activity, merely by paying attention to the mental ‘junk’ it is supposedly throwing out. But while dreams are never observed, except for infrequent patches of lucidity, but always analyzed after the fact, the same is not true of hypnagogia. With a little practice, anyone can learn how to watch otherwise obscure mental processes at work; processes which, according to some investigators, take place continuously alongside our waking ‘rational’ mental states.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Kristine

Thank you.