Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Yes, after all, we talk about the tree of knowledge of good and evil.There were two important trees in Eden, the Tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the first one is Jesus and the last one is Satan.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

We are on a christian sub-forum so we talk about the genesis that is found in the Bible.

Which version of Genesis SM?

So many different one's, which one should you believe do you think?
Old 13-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Which version of Genesis SM?

So many different one's, which one should you believe do you think?

I only know one, you seem to know more and I am not interested to know.
Old 13-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Your problem is that you don't question your fundamentalist stance, which you should do, imo.
Old 13-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
Your problem is that you don't question your fundamentalist stance, which you should do, imo.

Even when I was still a fundamental Christian, I've always had my doubts deep inside and even questioned some things, but never dared to bring it up out of fear of being rejected and going to hell. Because the fundamental type god is no different than a tyrannical dictator. I think this counts for all fundamental Christians though. I can tell because I've been there and done that.
Old 13-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle

I am a very big skeptic, remember, I turned my back on God countless times, but now, I am totally changed.

There were many things I could not understand from the Word of God, but now, everything is clear.I am part of a christian community where they disect and debate every single word of God... so the questions are and were rising, but also the answers.
Old 13-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I am a very big skeptic, remember, I turned my back on God countless times, but now, I am totally changed.

There were many things I could not understand from the Word of God, but now, everything is clear.I am part of a christian community where they disect and debate every single word of God... so the questions are and were rising, but also the answers.

Clear to you, but it doesn't mean you are right!
Old 13-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is the story of Adam and Eve about humanity wanting MORE? Not happy with what is freely offered, they believed that they were entitled to more, to what was not offered freely? And this is our problem, a kink in our makeup, our propensity to sin?

I think the apple is an analogy for knowledge?
It's most certainly symbolic, not literal as in: ''There used to be this garden in the Levant and a God casually took two naked people for a stroll''...

I think it's perhaps about the soul ''falling from grace'' into the world of flesh, having a ''form'' and experience..
But perhaps that ''fall'' never happened in the first place and it's just the human mind that thinks such is 'logical'.
Old 13-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:

Ignorance is bliss sometimes when you have doubts.
Old 13-01-2019, 04:27 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
django quote:
Is the story of Adam and Eve about humanity wanting MORE?

Absolutely. Also a lot more.
The use of our FREE WILL.
How easily we allow our FREE WILL to be influenced.(serpent = Hiss or to whisper a (magic) spell
(Strong's con.5175 nachash Heb.))
Also Man can't listen very well. God said don't eat. Eve said to Satan, God said don't eat or touch.
(God told Adam, he told Eve, the touch part was added either by Adam or Eve)
The strength and pull of the feeling you are missing out. The serpent saying God knows your eyes will be open and you will be as gods.

Eve used her eyes and saw the tree was good for food and is pleasant and would make one wise. Eve gave to Adam and he ate.
(Men usually eat whatever the woman gives them)(eyes don't tell the whole story, use your heart,mind,spirit)
Their eyes were opened to know good and evil. (the eyes of self consciousness were open(EGO))
Maybe self centered-ness is a better term.
Automatically man tries to hide his shame.(the more you hide the more separated from God you become)
When God asks Adam, did you eat from the tree? Adam says:
It was the woman you gave me.(Denial and blame shifting)
In 1 sentence Adam blamed both Eve and God.
When God asked Eve what is this you have done? Eve says the devil made me do it.
(Not taking personal responsibility for ones actions or FREE WILL)
All the while this EGO thing keeps hiding and trying to grow and they WILL
do and say anything to protect their EGO they are building.
I call it LET GO MY EGO! After the frozen waffle treats of no nutritional value.
I could go on but I am bored and my typing finger is blistered and I have been banned from spellchecker for excessive usage.
Old 14-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Master

Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.