Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Pathfinder

I also feel sometimes God wants to get me praying by lowering my selffeeling.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:23 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sky123 quote:
Yes I agree but what do expect when they have the OT as a role model...

Quote:
Heb. 8: 12-13
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The bible describes it as example and shadow.
So if people use it as a role model and are replicating the OT I would say they were actually in the spirit of anti-Christ.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder

@Im

Yes you are right. Where is the difference between bookreligion fanatics of Islam and bookreligion fanatics of Christianity? They bove abandon the living God and their logical thinking of what would please God and what not. God gave us a brain and in the Quran is written you are obliged to use it and not to spread rumours this or that fault of yours was made by God.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
The entity known as 'the Destroyer' is NOT Satan. It most likely refers to the Angel of Death, known as Azrael or the ''destroying angel'' in abrahamic religions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroying_angel_(Bible)

Nothing points out that it is really Satan. God's angels aren't cute cherubs, but powerful divine beings capable of powers beyond our own measure who won't shy away from committing mass murder and genocide if god commands them to do so. God doesn't need Satan at all to pour his wrath on humans.

And I'm aware of the psalms. But nothing you say takes away the fact that god ordered mass genocide which includes innocent children. In times of war, God as the creater and father of all humans should be the perfect example of peace and love rather than commanding even more bloodshed. If we are living under 'god's grace' it isn't fair for all those other people who lived in the ancient times and didn't get the same treatment.

I agree with you this must be hard to live in ancient times and not getting the same treatment.

Well I believe in Karma also some sort of it.

Satan is a fallen Angel that opposes God in some stuff but not always. He is the biggest sinner of all but yet still a being created by God. He was pointed out in the bible as the enemy because this is the sort he pays for his sins. He is not always bad.

I even believe some sort God allowed Satan to oppose because of his hurt and disappointment from God. He will come as the anti-christ and be so perfect that many people will believe he is jesus. God and the Anti-Christ only defer from each other in details, their opinions are only different in details.

Concering the angels you are absoluteliy right.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The bible describes it as example and shadow.
So if people use it as a role model and are replicating the OT I would say they were actually in the spirit of anti-Christ.

This is what I tried to explain to sky123.... but there is a difference, you have to come to Christ to be "freed from the law", nobody can keep the law, only Jesus, He was the only human being who had no sin.
Old 16-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearchingFreedom
I also feel sometimes God wants to get me praying by lowering my selffeeling.

When you humble yourself or you are humbled by God, it's like an open invitation for God to come into your life, the first step.
Old 16-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
This is what I tried to explain to sky123.... but there is a difference, you have to come to Christ to be "freed from the law", nobody can keep the law, only Jesus, He was the only human being who had no sin.

Thanks for reminding. This is beautiful. Nearly forgot that.
Old 16-01-2019, 08:35 PM
ImthatIm

We should also remember what happened at the mountain when Moses was full of glory and shinning and had to veil his face from the people.
I may be wrong here as I am going from memory, God wanted to live with or among or in the people but they were afraid and wanted Moses to deal with God.
Which then brought in the law and the tabernacle. Since the people were afraid of God.
So I think many bad and unfortunate things happened to Israel because they could not know God personally.

Sorry if I am wrong here.
Old 16-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Pathfinder

@Im

I guess this could be true. People needing a book and the law not theirself being in contact and true relationshop with God. So they needed earthly guidance.
Old 18-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

If this is your goal here, to be against God, so be it.

You are not the first and not the last using these tactics, many have tried before you, many, the same patterns.

They are merely presenting a few of the texts from the Bible which are very difficult for Christians to reconcile. God ordering His 'flock' to kill children, babies, everyone (except the hot little virgins) is true in the Biblical sense, and can only be justified by calling the slain evil - yet still be confounded - because are the captured virgins not also evil? You might try to claim Satan did it, but the Bible says God commanded it... then you're stuck because it is a clear contradiction which cannot be reconciled. It has nothing to do with 'tactics'. It simply defies reason.