Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is the story of Adam and Eve about humanity wanting MORE? Not happy with what is freely offered, they believed that they were entitled to more, to what was not offered freely? And this is our problem, a kink in our makeup, our propensity to sin? I think the apple is an analogy for knowledge?

it wasn't that they believed they were entitle to more. Jehovah God and Jesus made sure they had all that they could ever want in the Garden. many seem to think that they disobeied Jehovah God right after the creation was completed. but we don't know how long they were living in the Garden before satan decided to tempt Eve, with a lie. though satan can't read a human's mind, he's smart enough to know our feeling by our actions. maybe Eve talked with Adam concerning the forbidden tree. or maybe she constantly had her focus on the tree. whatever the case may be, satan seen that the door was cracked, and came right in.

we sin now, because Adam sinned then. his sin went through all human ,(Rom.5:12,14 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). no one knows what fruit it really was. there was NOT special about that tree. again Jehovah God made every tree appealing to the eye. it was about being obedient. for example , say a mom with two daughters ,has a vanity full of name brand perfume. she tells her girls, get all that you want, but leave a certain one there. yet one took the one she said to leave, because she like the scent. that would not only upset the mom, but would show that the daughter disobeyed her. peace
Old 14-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
The Adam and Eve myth doesn't put the Biblical god in a good light at all. If you tell people not to do something, especially if it will increase their understanding, of course they will do it.

but in this case, it was about obedience, plain and simple! it was a wicked angel who lied to Eve. and why didn't satan take it to Adam?, he was the first human creation. maybe because he knew it would be much easier to take it to the woman than Adam. since we are as Jehovah God's words says, the "weaker vessel" ,(1Peter 3:7).

and eating from that tree you believe would have increased their understanding?, it seem to have done worst. first their "eye's were open" ,(meaning that they now will see things from a wicked view, not just a holy view, Gen.3:4,5), seeing their nude bodies as shameful, where at first they didn't.

humans were to live forever, but that trick of satan caused all human's old age, sickness and death. that wicked Angel hates humans ,(Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time).

and he wanted Jehovah God's Glory ,(Isa. 14:12,13 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north).

they were kicked out of a Garden-like paradise into a land that they now had to cultivate in order to eat. satan tricked Eve, into saying you will NOT die as God said. but basically, you're be smart like him. well, if they had his knowledge, they would have known NOT to obey a talking snake. and if Jehovah was lying , then where are they now?... dead! peace
Old 14-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
but in this case, it was about obedience, plain and simple! it was a wicked angel who lied to Eve. and why didn't satan take it to Adam?, he was the first human creation. maybe because he knew it would be much easier to take it to the woman than Adam. since we are as Jehovah God's words says, the "weaker vessel" ,(1Peter 3:7).

and eating from that tree you believe would have increased their understanding?, it seem to have done worst. first their "eye's were open" ,(meaning that they now will see things from a wicked view, not just a holy view, Gen.3:4,5), seeing their nude bodies as shameful, where at first they didn't.

humans were to live forever, but that trick of satan caused all human's old age, sickness and death. that wicked Angel hates humans ,(Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time).

and he wanted Jehovah God's Glory ,(Isa. 14:12,13 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north).

they were kicked out of a Garden-like paradise into a land that they now had to cultivate in order to eat. satan tricked Eve, into saying you will NOT die as God said. but basically, you're be smart like him. well, if they had his knowledge, they would have known NOT to obey a talking snake. and if Jehovah was lying , then where are they now?... dead! peace

The story is a myth with no credibility whatsoever. The Biblical god is the evil one, if the deeds attributed to it were true.
Old 14-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Master

The Adam and Eve story is a record of how humans were created and how sin entered the world. Someone mentioned that similar themes are found in other ancient writings. That supports the truth of the account. At one time everyone knew the story. As time went by some rejected it but some traces of the truth survived.
Old 14-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The Adam and Eve story is a record of how humans were created and how sin entered the world. Someone mentioned that similar themes are found in other ancient writings. That supports the truth of the account. At one time everyone knew the story. As time went by some rejected it but some traces of the truth survived.

It is a story with no credibility whatsoever.
Old 14-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Master
"The World, the Flesh, and the Devil".

The term implies that the three are to be equated.

Likewise we see in scripture a depiction of a fall of the angelic, as well as a fall of humanity. Yes?
Are the two situations to be equated then also?
Apparently.

All things of the material and physical have origin in Spirit.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

I more or less agree with this, I'm just wondering what the truth is behind the story I guess. Would you care to hazard a guess?
Old 14-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

I have heard the snake as kundalini idea before, the thing about that idea is that it is considered good for people to eat the fruit, and the bad old God is trying to deny people something that is good for their development. This perspective is opposite to the idea that people did wrong by disobeying God, and would have been better off not eating the fruit.

So ideally we need to specify what the fruit is an analogy for. Is kundalini knowledge of good and evil? If it fits fair enough, but if it doesn't then for me that idea can hold no water.

Personally I think kundalini is a wrong turning anyway, I don't think it can ever deliver true satisfaction of the spiritual drive, and somehow I have a hard time imagining Adam and Eve in the throes of a kundalini episode.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Angel1

Hi, NoOne, welcome here!!
I couldn't copy even one sentence to give you all an example or teaser, darnnit.

https://www.sriyukteswar.com/sri-yuk...lains-genesis/

This article explains Sri Yukteswar's take on the Genesis story and the garden story.
I have subscribed to this understanding for decades.

Ah, I found a place to copy a couple sentences, the rule here...a teaser, there is plenty more...

“The ‘serpent’ represents the coiled-up spinal energy that stimulates the sex nerves. ‘Adam’ is reason, and ‘Eve’ is feeling.
When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any human being is overpowered by the sex impulse,
his reason or Adam also succumbs.”
“God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through the force of His will;
He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a similar ‘immaculate’ or divine manner.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-01-2019, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, NoOne, welcome here!!
I couldn't copy even one sentence to give you all an example or teaser, darnnit.

https://www.sriyukteswar.com/sri-yuk...lains-genesis/

This article explains Sri Yukteswar's take on the Genesis story and the garden story.
I have subscribed to this understanding for decades.

Ah, I found a place to copy a couple sentences, the rule here...a teaser, there is plenty more...

“The ‘serpent’ represents the coiled-up spinal energy that stimulates the sex nerves. ‘Adam’ is reason, and ‘Eve’ is feeling.
When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any human being is overpowered by the sex impulse,
his reason or Adam also succumbs.”
“God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through the force of His will;
He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a similar ‘immaculate’ or divine manner.

Does kundalini only and always stimulate the sex nerves? I hear that this is a stage, and people seem to get past it usually. If they have worked on themselves, kundalini might not even get stuck there initially. Even if it did, then it starts to stimulate higher chakras, until it reaches the head and maybe through the top of the head.