Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
How could Jesus have known that His Word is going to be preached to the whole world? He lived more than 2000 years ago, so, how? If this is not a proof, then...

It can be assumed that as the son of God Jesus had been told by his dad (who knows all the past and present and future) - (apparently), that His Word would still be kicking around 2000 years later. So how is that proof?

As to the persecution of Christians they are not the only religious groupings who have to suffer for their beliefs, there are many more. And it was the Christians in India led by the East India Company and later the British Government who committed the atrocities, executions and shootings on the Indian population. It was the American Christians who dropped Napalm on families and lands in Vietnam and French Christians who massacred Arabs in Algeria. And so on.
At least Christians in their righteousness know that they will be going to heaven - if they've been good boys and girls.

No naughty people in heaven please. Kill (when possible in the most painful way), all the hundreds of generations of earthly non-qualifiers as foreseen, promised and believed in Re-vile-ations.

Defining non-qualifiers should be good fun.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Experiencer
In the 50s we had some African missionaries who visited the Pentecostal church I was forced to attend as a kid. They referred to the poor people on whom they were forcing their unpleasant brand of faith as heathen 'N's, which was disgusting! They seemed quite proud of themselves when they stated these poor people, who were obviously in a bad way, had to convert to Christianity, or would not receive any food! Faith should never be forced on anyone, especially if they have their own culture.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Guide

Can't you guys and girls understand that all the evil that was done in Jesus's name has nothing to do with Jesus? All the persecutions done by the so called "christians" were done by evil men hungry for blood, money and power. The catholic church has a long history of blood shed, pedophilia and many other horrible things, these people are not men of God, they are monsters ( I am talking strictly about the ones who have done and do evil and disgusting things and call themselves follower of Christ ).

Most of the "christian" denominations were created for money and power, we all know it, there are tons of "christian" churches in USA who have millions upon millions of people who only make their leaders richer and richer everyday.Remember Joel Osteen? Remember Hillsong? ( check this guy ) Carl Lentz? Benny Hill? Oprah Winfrey? ( Yes, she fools people that she is a christian but she twists everything and makes a tone of money, why not )

The list goes on and on... I understand why there is so much hate towards christianity, these people and many other are trashing everything the Bible stands for, they are totally against Jesus's teachings.

When you make war in Jesus's name you are the enemy of God.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Can't you guys and girls understand that all the evil that was done in Jesus's name has nothing to do with Jesus? All the persecutions done by the so called "christians" were done by evil men hungry for blood, money and power. The catholic church has a long history of blood shed, pedophilia and many other horrible things, these people are not men of God, they are monsters ( I am talking strictly about the ones who have done and do evil and disgusting things and call themselves follower of Christ ).

Most of the "christian" denominations were created for money and power, we all know it, there are tons of "christian" churches in USA who have millions upon millions of people who only make their leaders richer and richer everyday.Remember Joel Osteen? Remember Hillsong? ( check this guy ) Carl Lentz? Benny Hill? Oprah Winfrey? ( Yes, she fools people that she is a christian but she twists everything and makes a tone of money, why not )

The list goes on and on... I understand why there is so much hate towards christianity, these people and many other are trashing everything the Bible stands for, they are totally against Jesus's teachings.

When you make war in Jesus's name you are the enemy of God.

It is wise to be the enemy of the Biblical god as it is evil in the extreme, if what is attributed to it is correct.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
Revelation, which very nearly didn't make it into the Bible, is open to a myriad of interpretations, many of which are completely off the wall. They would be amusing if it wasn't for extreme Biblical literalists who use that book to bolster their crazy end time and hell fire threats. The moderate Christians of my acquaintance don't buy Revelation at all, and share my thoughts on the topic. What do posters on this forum think about ditching that crazy book?

all scriptures were inspired by Jehovah God ,(2Tim. 3:16). the book just like ALL OTHER BOOKS, were written down by faithful men of God by means of Jehovah's Holy Spirit. here's one biblical proof ,(Jer. 30:1,2 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speak the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book). Jeremiah was a real man, so was John, who was ALSO chosen to write the Book of Revelation ,(Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant ).

we can't accept parts of the bible that we agree with or that doesn't hit close to home. and ignore the ones that we don't like. satan does have many adding or removing from the bible. but no matter who try's to change Jehovah's words, he will always make sure we get the truth. MANY of what seems "off the wall" to some, is because that book speaks mostly in symbolic form. and if one doesn't have the proper understanding or teaching ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). one will believe exactly what they think they understood.

for example ,(Rev. 17:1,2 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters. with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."). someone said that it was referring to "prostitutes throughout the Earth." but it spoke of one!, which is referring to the world empire of false religion. MANY worldly religious leaders take sides with world leaders, instead of staying neutral. especially when it comes to wars.

these religious leaders also allows or approve and even guilty of various acts of man that goes against God and they shouldn't ,(Ephe. 5:10,11 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them). even MANY of their sheep's are fooled into accepting the lies and actions of their leaders. this is why Jehovah God say...(Rev. 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues). this is to be taken literally! every book of the bible is the word of God. even if we choose not to believe that it is. peace
Old 09-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Revelation, which very nearly didn't make it into the Bible, is open to a myriad of interpretations, many of which are completely off the wall. They would be amusing if it wasn't for extreme Biblical literalists who use that book to bolster their crazy end time and hell fire threats. The moderate Christians of my acquaintance don't buy Revelation at all, and share my thoughts on the topic. What do posters on this forum think about ditching that crazy book?

all scriptures were inspired by Jehovah God ,(2Tim. 3:16). the book just like ALL OTHER BOOKS, were written down by faithful men of God by means of Jehovah's Holy Spirit. here's one biblical proof ,(Jer. 30:1,2 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speak the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book). Jeremiah was a real man, so was John, who was ALSO chosen to write the Book of Revelation ,(Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant ).

we can't accept parts of the bible that we agree with or that doesn't hit close to home. and ignore the ones that we don't like. satan does have many adding or removing from the bible. but no matter who try's to change Jehovah's words, he will always make sure we get the truth. MANY of what seems "off the wall" to some, is because that book speaks mostly in symbolic form. and if one doesn't have the proper understanding or teaching ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). one will believe exactly what they think they understood.

for example ,(Rev. 17:1,2 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters. with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."). someone said that it was referring to "prostitutes throughout the Earth." but it spoke of one!, which is referring to the world empire of false religion. MANY worldly religious leaders take sides with world leaders, instead of staying neutral. especially when it comes to wars.

these religious leaders also allows or approve and even guilty of various acts of man that goes against God and they shouldn't ,(Ephe. 5:10,11 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them). even MANY of their sheep's are fooled into accepting the lies and actions of their leaders. this is why Jehovah God say...(Rev. 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues). this is to be taken literally! every book of the bible is the word of God. even if we choose not to believe that it is. peace
Old 09-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

The Bible is inspired by the idea that a god exists, there is no evidence it is so. The Biblical god character is most unpleasant and not in the least bit credible, imo.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
The Bible is inspired by the idea that a god exists, there is no evidence it is so. The Biblical god character is most unpleasant and not in the least bit credible, imo.

There's no evidence for the universe to be infinite but the most brilliant man believe it is so.

He died for the sins of the whole world, yet you hate Him.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Master
Regarding the O.P., the reason for the symbologies in Revelation has to do with hiding various prophesies, until the era in which they occur comes to pass.
Today, we're in the modern world of the twenty first century.
As has been pointed out decades ago and in the twentieth century, the various explanations for the symbologies are revealed in the chapter itself, or elsewhere in the book, or... elsewhere in the Bible.
Take "Star" for example.
Stars represent both angels and people alike throughout the whole of the scriptures.
Back in the 1970's the author of several books explained that Revelation is a threefold account, using different symbologies in each of the three.

Regarding your other statements "zig", you're really not posting about Revelation anyway. You're in the forum denegrating the faith of which you've already made judgement on, and have dismissed as nonsense.
Meanwhile regarding a number of situations in the world, biblical prophecy continues to be fulfilled.

Any creation has a Creator of it.
For any program also, there is a Programmer.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Revelation, which very nearly didn't make it into the Bible, is open to a myriad of interpretations, many of which are completely off the wall. They would be amusing if it wasn't for extreme Biblical literalists who use that book to bolster their crazy end time and hell fire threats.

The moderate Christians of my acquaintance don't buy Revelation at all, and share my thoughts on the topic.

What do posters on this forum think about ditching that crazy book?

The whole world has watched revelation unfold in front of their eyes, yet few see it.