Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-12-2018, 04:14 AM
Guide
I relate. I always make sure to take care of myself and know my boundaries. Taking care of yourself first is essential. Anytime someone was negative to me, I never once stood up for myself. Now I do. Everything seemed to bother me and I got depressed over so many things. I'm much more aware now and I always take care of myself and do things that make me happy. Something creative or music. Doing these things kept me going and helping me expressed myself as an individual. Everyone is different. I'm sensitive and an empath. Things drain me too. When I feel drained, I drink water. Eat healthy foods and watch something funny. Sometimes I'll take a nap and feel better once I wake up. So follow your instincts and remember to follow your heart.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:32 AM
Master
As a newbie, this is what I sorted out so far...

This topic resonated for me.

I work in a public place and often times people are irritated and angry. I deal with a lot of people who are in “pain.” It can be really difficult. I am learning to have a bag of “tricks” at the ready. I have been truly blessed to meet so many new people: on the forum; in my tiny world; and just by chance, who have taught me so much in the last year and a half. When I think of it, I am filled with love.

My elder taught me to look at the person and “think”, sending out love and compassion and look away, pushing away the negativity as I look away, a lot like tai chi.

Then another teacher taught me a protection spell. Sometimes I added a little bright light from my crown chakra/third eye chakra, like a fountain of positiveness. It works well, when I have the space to think it all out and can visualize it.

I cut cords on the big stuff and need to remember to do the same on the little stuff. But I forget sometimes, shrug...

When I am absolutely undone, like a metaphysical panic attack, I hug a tree or lay down on the grass or walk barefoot or go for a hike.

Finally, Another elder told me, “You already know everything You need to know. It used to kind of irritate me. But, it taught me to follow my intuitions, create my own rituals, protections and coping skills. It was empowering.

So, on my commute to work I ask for: protection; help shining my light in dark places. I ask for help to see the whole picture and guidance to have the words and actions. I visualize a beautiful shining golden net that covers me and expands to let light in and out and contracts to block the darkness. I say a thank you for allowing me to see the beauty in the world.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 AM
Master
As a newbie, this is what I sorted out so far...

Opps, duplicate post.

Last edited by Anala : 07-12-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
I am extremely empathic too. For a long time I struggled like you to cope with taking in the energies of those I came in contact with, or the situations I would view with struggles going on in the world and todays society. It almost got to a point that I could not watch the news if there was any devestating catastrophe that occurred because it would take me weeks to get it out of my system what I would feel. One thing I could say that helped me in grounding myself was to stand or sit outdoors with my bare feet in the grass and envision all the energies that I took in that weren't my own leaving me and pushing it all out through my fingertips to release it. My feet being in contact with mother earth allowed me to easily envision my energies connecting to her like the roots of a plant going deep into the ground. I know this may sound crazy but it worked for me and I was able to form a release of whatever I took in that the day would bring my way.

This is really lovely. (I can't watch the news anymore, I just get sucked right back in. It is almost like an addiction and the consequences to me are too real. I forget about my life and what I am doing and focus on what's going on on the news (none of which I can do anything about btw).