Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Master

No Kyrios. Don't say it's not supposed to be. Some things are not for the now, but I don't think that contacting an angel would not be for the now.

I don't know if I do it correctly, and I'm only "in" to angels very very recently - as in max 2 weeks. Until then I had been very "yeah yeah yeah" about angels by and large.

But if you want to connect with angels then I would suspect you are being called to connect with them. I wouldn't have thought such a desire would come from the self.

So you have a christian heritage - how did you used to pray, how did you contact God? In my mind, that is how you start your dialogues with the angels. Keep it light, keep it natural, thank them for watching you through the night (they have), thank them for the good things in your life and speak to them about things you have on your heart.

Now I don't know the who's who of angels and I have yet to find a good source of the "who's who" to angels which is what I want but I throw it out there and let it settle where it will.

If I said play around with communicating - that's not meant to demean the efforts you are going to to getting it right, nor the honour that is due to our angels but they are waiting for you and will guide you on the way.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Enya

Just speak to him. There are also invocations you can use, for example:
“I now invoke the mighty and powerful Archangel Michael to stand at my right-hand side. Please grant me the strength, courage, integrity, and protection I need to fulfill my purpose in this incarnation. Please use your sword to cut away any doubts and negativity. Surround me with your protection, so that I may always work on the side of good. Thank you.”

I got that one in a two-minute google search
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Juanita

all I can say is don't believe everything that you read or hear........
Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Kyrios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
No Kyrios. Don't say it's not supposed to be. Some things are not for the now, but I don't think that contacting an angel would not be for the now.

I don't know if I do it correctly, and I'm only "in" to angels very very recently - as in max 2 weeks. Until then I had been very "yeah yeah yeah" about angels by and large.

But if you want to connect with angels then I would suspect you are being called to connect with them. I wouldn't have thought such a desire would come from the self.

So you have a christian heritage - how did you used to pray, how did you contact God? In my mind, that is how you start your dialogues with the angels. Keep it light, keep it natural, thank them for watching you through the night (they have), thank them for the good things in your life and speak to them about things you have on your heart.

Now I don't know the who's who of angels and I have yet to find a good source of the "who's who" to angels which is what I want but I throw it out there and let it settle where it will.

If I said play around with communicating - that's not meant to demean the efforts you are going to to getting it right, nor the honour that is due to our angels but they are waiting for you and will guide you on the way.

I like this one. I usually just pray in my head and try to have faith that my prayers reach God, but as far as I know angels aren't omniscient, so maybe I would have to say it out loud instead, and really this wouldn't be too different from what some other branches of christianity do, as some forms like catholics actually believe they can pray through angels. So your comment makes sense and would explain why some christian groups actually do this. I really like your input.

I must say that I became obsessed with angels 3 years ago since I've always loved paranormal stories and it is amazing how many stories are out there about angels, even those taking human form when necessary. So the obsession is just the fact that I've always been a day dreamer. That and there are questions that I figure it would be easier for such creatures to answer for me since God never seems to answer me. Questions I need answered from those in God's light. In other words the this thought pattern could be considered blasphemus or sinful by some Christians, but really all I truly seek are answers. As important as the questions are, it is possible that it just is not the right time yet to recieve answers. :(
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
What have you tried, previously?

I find that the best way to get in touch with any angel is through meditation, or even just sitting quietly with a candle and letting my mind be still.

AA micheals colours are blue and gold, so perhaps a candle with these colours. Crystals can be useful too, particularly lapis lazuli.

You could write him a letter, this is always a good place to start if you are feeling unsure.

Also, don't expect your first encounters to be direct. All angels prefer to communicate through signs and dreams, to ensure we don't get freaked out!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrios
I appreciate the link, but all of that just seemed so crazy to me. Like when she said he was a warrior on Earth. I thought all Angels were always Angels, not people. In general that entire thing seemed crazy to someone like me with my background. :( Like why was Michael so vague when she was telling those people about themselves? An angel should have access to information on all people, therefore she shouldn't be vague nor only able to read some people logically.

I had that kind of a feeling too, but I was also thinking if she wanted to lie she could have lied about her guidance not being vague too.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Experiencer
I personally just shout out their name, usually an abreviatted version. I do it with all the Archys. Uriel - Uri'. Rapheal - Ralph. Metatron - Metroman. Micheal - Mike. :3 They have a great sense of humour; just use your imagination. Let go of pre-set judgements and just enjoy them! ;D
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
angelwhispers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
They have a great sense of humour; just use your imagination. Let go of pre-set judgements and just enjoy them! ;D

Altinak you couldn't have said it better. I asked aa michael for a specific sign yesterday and once i let go of it needing to be an immediate response he gave me the exact sign i asked for a few hours later. Just talk to him.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
I personally just shout out their name, usually an abreviatted version. I do it with all the Archys. Uriel - Uri'. Rapheal - Ralph. Metatron - Metroman. Micheal - Mike. :3 They have a great sense of humour; just use your imagination. Let go of pre-set judgements and just enjoy them! ;D

I found this very cute but true! I do the same thing on occasion and tend to garner great results than when I'm overly serious and formal. Having nicknames for them makes me feel closer to them and that also helps tremendously.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Firefly Dancer

Ok... all suggestions are wonderful, but my question here is : why did you choose to contact Archangel Michael particularly for ?

I know each Archangel has a specific purpose ( Zadkiel for transmutation, Michael for protection, Chamuel for Divine Love, Uriel for material or grounding, Gabriel for Divine Communication ) but in my case, at first I had NO idea who I was talking to. I just started hearing my guides some months ago and some voices that as a previous poster said, were more like a command, and after that, the main voice comes from my main guide, even if he always refers as "WE" and I have been told I have 6-7 guides and that all of us have around that number of guides. I was also told by a Psychic that Chamuel was one of my guides and that St Francis of Assisi as well ( which kinda made a lot of sense to me, I love his story ) but I have not really tried to confirm that, I just keep the communication flowing with my main guide.

I currently pray to Chamuel, Uriel and Michael. But when I hear guidance it is my main guide who is giving the guidance for the rest. I think my main guide is my higher self. The other day I asked and he explained something about us being in the same family of souls, but he decided to stay as guide and guide me as well as other members of my soul family. So yes, it sorta sounds he is my higher self and he channels also the guidance from Angels.

But my question was why addressing invocations solely to Michael.... Probably a better idea is to attune to your guides and let them manifest who they are. Maybe you have other guides you do not know about, or are approached by other Archangels. The Archangels I pray to sort of "approached" as my prayer ritual evolved. First it was only Chamuel, then I added Uriel and recently Michael, as I started tailoring my personal prayer and meditation time.

One thing I see is that when a message comes from Angels, it is pretty straight forward. Like a command as a poster just said. It is loving and caring but a bit blunt if you could say so. But talking to guides is a blast. Because they have been incarnated before I guess they get more the sense of humor we have. At least that is my experience : Angels and Archangels are more direct, while guides or Higher Self can even joke as humans do.

In my ritual I call the Divine first ( the I AM presence through the Male and Female energies ) then I call my guides, my Higher Self and my Angels and Archangels. I always honor first the Divine, the creator and the source and follow with invocations to the Archangels, and then other ritual work as healing and energy working.

I guess my advice is to call the Divine and your guides and ask them to manifest who they are. But do not worry if you cannot pinpoint who is talking to you at first. The most important is to establish contact first and go from there.

Good luck !
Firefly.