Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Sungirl

Something you could do it look for the totally random things in life.

It could be the parking space right where you wanted it.
It could be the last sandwich on the shelf and it's the one you wanted.
It could be seeing a feather just floating down in your line of sight.
It could be someone smiling at you as you walk to work or a bird singing that lightens your heart.

In my opinion the messages you get from your guides are not like flashing lights and great visions... they are very very subtle. My story about the moon, although it sounds grand, it could very easilly have been missed or dismissed.

If the signs were obvious they would take no faith and personally I think faith is really important.

When you start seeing them, acknowledging them and being thankful for them, then the messages get stronger and you are getting info you need when you need it.

Once again, my cat went missing last night (little sod) and once again they were screaming in my ear "we don't have him!!" telling me not to worry. But it's only because I am grateful for the bird singing or the last parking space that I get these messages.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
I like this.... it sounds like more of an inner wisdom than a 'guide' as such. I'm never sure whether guides are supposed to be something external to you or not?

The externalisation of a guide fullfills different needs. It fulfills the need to feel that youre not alone...and carries the weight of strength, beauty, wisdom at times when you feel unable to carry them as your own.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Mouse

That's interesting. I think it's a kind of shamanistic way of looking at the world, that you tune into the flow of everything and open yourself to what the world is saying and it communicates with you. I still feel as well though that even if very subtle I would 'know' a message from a guide....if I do pick one up I'll be very happy!and thankful. Faith is a hard one for me to be honest, I need something to start with, can't have faith from nothing.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Sungirl

Mouse...

If you had never tasted mint and someone gave you a mint without telling you it was a mint, would you "know" it was mint? I'm not sure how you can know a message from your guides until you have experienced it and realised afterwards that it was a message?

As for faith.... I understand it is hard. For me, the first "proof" that there was a higher power was seeing a flower and wondering why it was so beautiful. It could function perfectly well and not be percieved as beautiful.. but it is. That prooved to me there was someone designing things for our benefit.

Once again, this was something that could be missed or reasoned away but i was open to there being a higher power and saw something that confirmed it to me.

If you want something to start your faith, think about the good things in your life. Something wonderful, however small, that could just have easily gone wrong. Is this proof?

Please know... these are all just my opinion and I encourage you to form your own.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Mouse

Hi Tilia
Think I didn't explain it properly... I thinking that the realisation would come very soon after the experience or be mixed in with it I guess.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Something you could do it look for the totally random things in life.

It could be the parking space right where you wanted it.
It could be the last sandwich on the shelf and it's the one you wanted.
It could be seeing a feather just floating down in your line of sight.
It could be someone smiling at you as you walk to work or a bird singing that lightens your heart.

I havent tried to contact my guides yet but reading this makes me smile as i know they are always with me! xx
Old 04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
The externalisation of a guide fullfills different needs. It fulfills the need to feel that youre not alone...and carries the weight of strength, beauty, wisdom at times when you feel unable to carry them as your own.
That's a lovely comment. It would be the first part for me.....
Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
sweetdisposition

From my experiences messages are very subtle but you WILL notice them if you don't concentrate too hard! I have been thinking about someone before and then two seconds later seen their surname go past on the side of a lorry. Might sound a silly example, I know, but it is the only one I can think of right now! You might be looking so hard to see something obvious, like a feather on your pillow, that you miss other signs like the lyrics to a song that suddenly plays on your radio. Another example of my experiences - the other day I asked my angels to be with me as I was about to have a difficult day at a funeral. Within minutes a van drove past me with "Angels" written on the back of it. I had to do a double-take but I do believe it was a sign from them that they were there with me.

Keep looking for the signs. They are there :)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Mouse

Thanks, I will. Don't think anythng will happen though.