Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 18-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Kaktus

Self esteem and afirmations

My opinion about self esteem. These experiences are from my past life.
You an not reach better self esteem with afirmations, because the afirmationos go in thoughts. Thoughts might be disrupted by the outside world. You can not achieve self esteem either by a decision because the subconscious mind does not believe the words. Self esteem increases with your own achievements and external praise, but also you have to recieve good ground from your parents in your early years. I got a bad dowry and I had to build my confidence in the swamp.
However, you may be confident only with people who can not shake your confidence. Those who can kill your self esteem, you have to avoid. The process is slow, but reliable. I know now what might break my self esteem and I do not let the persons who have such a character in my life.
Total loss of self esteem can kill you. When happened that to me, I was scared to death for my life. It happened when I let the person that I loved a lot, to do that, because I opened my hart to her. When I realized that she was the cause of my depression and loss of self esteem, my thoughts were that is no life in me and to kill her for my survival, but the story ended happy with biggest love in my life.
Old 18-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus
My opinion about self esteem. These experiences are from my past life.
You an not reach better self esteem with afirmations, because the afirmationos go in thoughts. Thoughts might be disrupted by the outside world. You can not achieve self esteem either by a decision because the subconscious mind does not believe the words. Self esteem increases with your own achievements and external praise, but also you have to recieve good ground from your parents in your early years. I got a bad dowry and I had to build my confidence in the swamp.
However, you may be confident only with people who can not shake your confidence. Those who can kill your self esteem, you have to avoid. The process is slow, but reliable. I know now what might break my self esteem and I do not let the persons who have such a character in my life.
Total loss of self esteem can kill you. When happened that to me, I was scared to death for my life. It happened when I let the person that I loved a lot, to do that, because I opened my hart to her. When I realized that she was the cause of my depression and loss of self esteem, my thoughts were that is no life in me and to kill her for my survival, but the story ended happy with biggest love in my life.

No, self affirmations have shown to work but not entirely on there own. They also aren't for everyone. Are you suggesting that we face head on those that lower our self esteem. In order to delude ourselves to believing we have conquered it and are now on a healthy spectrum of self-esteem?
Old 18-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Are you suggesting that we face head on those that lower our self esteem.

This is what I would've suggested, actually. People who lower your self-esteem are sort of 'sucking' it away from you. Energetic vampirism. A sure way to claim it back is to identify with them and then use it against them. You're integrating your shadow aspects and claiming back your power that way.

Easier said than done though, that's for sure.
Old 19-12-2014, 03:11 AM
inthemoment777

If I think about myself when in sorrow, I wonder if that is love?
When I think about my loss, i wonder if that is love?
I wonder if I can love when I am thinking about myself?
The very act of trying to love myself is the opposite of love.
Where there is love the self is not.

We must accept that not everybody will fall in love with us or wish to move on, that acceptance of the fact is what we should be looking at rather than the ego drowning the self in sorry and pity.

Thats not to say we must be cold or clinical, we can still be loving beings, but its our choice whether we focus on rejection or the present beauty. Self esteem comes from acceptance of what is and living in the moment, in the moment there are no thoughts of yesterday or sorrow, only the rich appreciation of the moment.
Old 19-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
Hi

Is there any affirmation that can increase my self-esteem or how to love myself more? after breakup? or rejection?

if you let go of all that is not love only love is left also angel will send love to you if you ask or find love here there should be so much , just ask to be loved

self love is kind of good I do it at times its an energy takes all worries away

guess its hart chakra opening up I can feel it than flow through my arms going out of my hands if I would hold hands with some on that person would actually feel love did that a few times its amazing

just know your loved , well hope you will be ok :-)

lots of love and light
Old 19-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Kaktus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
This is what I would've suggested, actually. People who lower your self-esteem are sort of 'sucking' it away from you. Energetic vampirism. A sure way to claim it back is to identify with them and then use it against them. You're integrating your shadow aspects and claiming back your power that way...
Yes. Recognise it and refuse. When you refuse it, the vampire responds crazy.
Again, to increase your self esteem you must fill it the substance, not pump it with air because it will drop down on the first nail.
Wish -> filter -> believe -> decide -> execute, or
Wish -> affirmate -> believe -> ???
In this proces iz no words to waffle, self esteem works only on results, on work. Only the decision should be irrefutably. If the wish is reacheable and the process is accurate, the realisation makes you stronger and creates higher self esteem - step by step. If the afirmation is not in accordance with decision, it wont make any sense.
I think an affirmation creates the belief, which is still not the fact. You should support the affirmations with tangible results.
I only think in that way... it is not an argument.
Old 19-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Kaktus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
Hi
Is there any affirmation that can increase my self-esteem or how to love myself more? after breakup? or rejection?
Find the source.
First find that one //probably the father// who told you that you are not worthy enough, and just cut etheric bonds. Breakup and rejection should be a process, yes, with pain, but not fear of discard. Set youself on first place but cut off egoism. Mission imposible? No, a long process.
Old 25-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Pathfinder

Katkus; I lost my self esteem and confidence when my ex brokeup with me and let me go! I coulndt move on easily since it was long term relationship anf when I tried another relationship didnt last long only couple of months. Therefore.. I started to question myselr is there something wrong with me? Am I not good enough? What sm I lacking to stay single for that long time? Etc..

Dont we all get that sometimes?
Old 30-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Pathfinder
I also remember having a break-up, which was pretty intense emotional khichdi, i tried everything, nothing worked for long, until i realized, she was a queen at heart and i have to raise myself to her level.

and since then i have had 3 breakups. With the same person. :p Kind of love it.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Octy

Flow Alignment...your entire post was lovely