Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 13-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Ascender

A comprehensive list of Afterlife related books..

Ive bought quite a few over the past few months which I'll list here;

Please add anymore that you have read and would recommend

Science & The Afterlife Experience - Chris Carter
Consciousness Beyond Life - Pim Van Lommel
The Last Frontier - Julia Assante
The Fun Of Dying -Roberta Grimes
The Afterlife Unveiled - Stafford Betty
Life After Death - Deepak Chopra
Adventures In The Afterlife - William Buhlman
Multidimensional Man - Jurgen Zwiewe
Answers About The Afterlife - Bob Olsen
Is There Life After Death - Anthony Peake
The Art Of Dying - Peter & Elizabeth Fenwick
A Lawyer Presents Evidence For The Afterlife - Victor Zammit
The Afterlife Revealed - Michael Tymn
Application Of Impossible Things - Natalie Sudman
Stop Worrying, There Probably Is An Afterlife - Greg Taylor

These aren't so specifically on the afterlife but deal with it as a side issue, explore consciousness out of the body etc
My Big TOE - Tom Campbell
The Sacred History Of The World - Jonathan Black
The Divine Matrix - Greg Braden
The Daemon/Labyrinth Of Time/Infinite Mindfield/Out Of Body Experience - all by Anthony Peake
Supernatural/The Divine Spark - Graham Hancock
Biocentrism - Robert Lanza
The Quest For Gnosis - Gabriel Roberts

Some are better than others, some conflict although there is generally more agreement apart from Peake's books which suggests our afterlife is a personally generated version of Eternal recurrence, living the same life over & over.

I've stayed well clear of the tv mediums; I just find them too fluffy especially as the likes of Colin Fry, Sylvia Brown, Derek Acorah, Doris Stokes etc have been outed as complete frauds. I'm still dubious about John Edwards and don't know enough about James Van Pragh. I guess as an agnostic, formerly atheist before reading some of these books, I do need some semblance of science to support an argument. The more that angels or traditional views of heaven are written about, the more I become sceptical.

Please add some more to my list that you know of and think I may find of value
Old 13-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Experiencer
The Two Worlds of Helen Duncan.
Teachings of Silver Birch.
Light from Silver Birch
With Spirit (Mavis Pattilla)
Old 13-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account
I've read 7 of the books on your list....

Another one to explore is 'Life In The World Unseen' (Anthony Borgia), whether true or not, it's still a very entertaining read and really stimulates the mind.....

There is A LOT of intriguing information found on the website for the Multidimensional Man... Really good write-ups there... Found the website to be a lot better than the book....

I really enjoyed the William Buhlman book (Adventures In The Afterlife) and there is a lot of excellent insights in Pim Van Lommel's NDE book....

Have fun Seeking/Exploring Metal68!

Old 19-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Ascender

'Exploring the Eternal Soul - Insights from the Life Between Lives' by Andy Tomlinson.

'Journey of Souls' by Michael Newton.

An excellent book about the realities of the psyche -

'Soul-Centered Healing: A Psychologist's Extraordinary Journey Into the Realms of Sub-Personalities, Spirits, and Past Lives' by Thomas Joseph Zinser
Old 21-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Ascender

Very interesting new video exploring the evidence for the survival of consciousness upon physical death -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5RpbveVC_4

Published on 20 Jun 2015

A documentary by Keith Parsons which offers scientific evidence for the afterlife. It covers cross correspondences, The Scole experiment, drop-in communicators, EVP, the mediumship of Mrs. Leonora Piper, as well as a discussion of brain and mind - are they both the same or different?

Interviews with Prof. David Fontana & Prof. Archie Roy, (both former presidents of the SPR); Victor Zammit - Former Australian attorney, proponent for evidence of the afterlife; Robin Foy - The Scole Group leader; Dr. Anabela Cardoso - EVP researcher and editor of the ITC Journal; Prof. Bruce Greyson of the University of Virginia; and Dr. Peter Fenwick - consultant neuro-physiologist.
Old 21-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Ascender

'Is There an Afterlife?: A Comprehensive Overview of the Evidence' by David Fontana
Old 22-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Ascender

The Afterlife Revealed: What Happens After We Die by Michael Tymn (2011)
Old 23-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Ascender

Just remembered a very good book -

'Worlds Beyond Death' by Grant Pealer.
Old 25-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Ascender

Ive just read the excellent Is There An Afterlife by David Fontana. Very, very good, lots of real science in there, one of the better explorations of mediumship that I have seen in this sort of book, An author that is not afraid to throw the stuff out that doesn't add up ( something that I wouldn't have said about Victor Zammit's book) And its over 400 pages long! If I had to buy only one book on the subject, this wouldn't be a bad choice
Old 25-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Deactivated Account
While not 'afterlife' focused, Michael Talbot's 'The Holographic Universe' is thought-provoking and excellent read. Highly recommended....