Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 23-01-2014, 10:50 PM
danielleg1989

Unhappy Have you been lied to by spirits?

Ok assuming that it is spirits who make contact when a person decides to record evp. Who really knows what it is? I would like to ask if it is possible for them to lie about something? Maybe say something to bring back a horrible or traumatic event. The nature of the evp was sounding like a prediction for example: A certain person is going to do something bad to someone else.

The person in question did something bad to me in my past. I asked if others in my family could hear anything and they immediatley after listening went on to relay back to me what I had heard. The reason I ask is that I and my partner and family in general mainly my mum. We have always been intrigued with anything to do with the paranormal and have many spooky and unexplainable things happen.

My partner and I have recorded many evps and we keep folders with the date they are caught on and only keep the ones that both of us can hear clearly without prior suggestion to each other of what they may be saying.

Just as some people do not even believe electronic voice phenomena is real.There is also those who do and I am one of them. Personally I have recorded too many evps to question it myself because if I just got a few words that made sense I would say " maybe its just a coincidence." I know this is not the case though because I get direct answers and sometimes several answers and they are in response to questions that I am asking and in detail too.

At times I have been holding something and asked what I am holding in my hand and been told right down to the material or shape of the item exactly what it was.

Although I will admit to feeling a little overwhelmed and slightly afraid too on certain sessions. I do not believe there is anything that can be labeled "evil" who could come through and the reason for that is because I have tried tarot and used an ouiji board in the past out of curiousity and never been attacked or hurt in any way.

I along with my other half have been recording evps for some time and apart from one that had a rather scary sounding laugh who said murder before laughing ( I believe this to have been a earth bound spirit who was maybe a murderer in real life????)

Aside from that we have recorded e. v. p of many types in one we had something whisper "we are aliens" and although it clearly said that I do not like to assume that it is aliens because I know it said it but I cannot see them and so have no way to confirm they actually are.

I was told by a psychic that she felt there were negative energies around me but of that I am quite unconvinced because if there was they are not/ have not caused me any harm.

Well to draw this thread/question to a end, I guess I just want to hear from others who may have or have experienced mischeivous or decietful spirits who lie through eletronic voice communication? I guess I am hoping it is a lie because although it is clear what was being said in the e.v.p that caused me to ask this question.

I do hope that what is claimed is going to happen never really will. I am not in any way close to the person who the evp was suggesting it would happen too. I just know them through family. Like they are related to a friend of a friend... it was said in a way of this "bad thing happened to you" and now the same person who did it to you will do it to them.

Do you trust whatever it is that communicates through evp?
Do you believe everything they say?
I am just interested for other peoples perspectives on this as although intrigued by holding e. v. p sessions. We do respect what I, my partner and mum do believe to be earth bound spirits and my partner and I have tried to help them find the light.

Once I have read some opinions I aim to forget about it because there is nothing I could actually do if it is to be true. I can hardly walk up to someone and say yeah... a possible earth bound spirit or other worldly thing said this is going to happen to you. I just have to accept what will be will be and hope in this case it wont be.
Old 23-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Master
Danielle--

I just think that evp recordings would be like standing in the middle of Grand Central Station and asking for opinions (about anything). Some would be wise, some would be mean, some would be crackpots.

Although I'm open to the idea, I find that on paranormal shows when they play back their EVP that supposedly said something--I can't hear anything like what they thought about 80% of the time. So it does make me wonder. Many sources of distortion in this media, I think.

Lora
Old 23-01-2014, 11:52 PM
danielleg1989

Thanks for you're reply IsleWalker I appreciate it.
Old 24-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Kotori

I record EVPs too, and yes, some spirits will tell lies. They are just mischievous spirits that like to mess with people's heads. A friend of mine who also records EVPs had a spirit tell her that she had a serious medical condition. He repeatedly warned her about the condition and he was very specific about the condition. She began to worry, and decided to go to the doctor to see if this spirit was telling her the truth. To her relief, she found out that there was nothing wrong with her. She is perfectly healthy. :)

That said, I'm aware of another incident where a person I don't know, claimed that a spirit warned him of cancer. He went to the doctor and found out that he did indeed have cancer.
Old 24-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielleg1989
I was told by a psychic that she felt there were negative energies around me but of that I am quite unconvinced because if there was they are not/ have not caused me any harm.

A negative energy can cause you harm on a scale that you would never suspect. You could feel an extra bit tired for no reason, you or somebody near you might all of a sudden feel a little snarky or dispirited for no reason. Little things to drain just enough of your energy to sustain itself without you suspecting anything.

I also concur with Kotori, you just have to take what you hear with a grain of salt since we cannot see who we are communicating with during EVP sessions. Though if a spirit told me in an EVP that I had cancer, I would probably check it out. More so to see if the spirit was being truthful with me. LOL If it was a lie, well no harm done because at least I checked it out and got a clean bill of health, though it would tell me the spirit was a liar. If it was true, then the spirit just did me one heck of a favor, especially if saved my life.
Old 25-01-2014, 03:08 AM
danielleg1989

Thanks very much for all of your responses. It has helped me understand things a bit better and I appreciate you taking the time to reply
Old 26-02-2014, 12:29 PM
E.V.P researcher

I do a lot of recordings using my ghost boxes and have had some really interesting replies. Just over a year ago my dad passed to spirit. It was a few weeks later whilst experimenting using the box. I held up a photo of my dad holding me as a baby. I got about five different voices in a row call out his name followed by my name. A bit later I was called a c±nt.
Like a radio it seems spirit at different levels can push their words in at any time. You cannot just get what you want when you want it. People and the spirit world are working towards better methods of electronic contact I was told whilst sitting at a physical seance. Exciting stuff ahead
Old 26-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V.P researcher
I do a lot of recordings using my ghost boxes and have had some really interesting replies. Just over a year ago my dad passed to spirit. It was a few weeks later whilst experimenting using the box. I held up a photo of my dad holding me as a baby. I got about five different voices in a row call out his name followed by my name. A bit later I was called a c±nt.
Like a radio it seems spirit at different levels can push their words in at any time. You cannot just get what you want when you want it. People and the spirit world are working towards better methods of electronic contact I was told whilst sitting at a physical seance. Exciting stuff ahead

It is exciting stuff indeed. It might be coincidence if your name and your dads was said once, but five times????? Plus to be called the c-word, which you should not be hearing on the box at all. On an investigation I was on not long ago at a retired prison, we went into one cell block area and used the ghost box. When we asked who was here with us, we got a reply a bunch of d---s. Another group was up later and they got called the c-word. What was incredible about the experiences, I was with a group of mostly men and the other group was mostly women. The Fiji Islands has a better chance of winning the World Cup than this happening.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Joe51563

My question is why is it against their rules to speak to people? There was one EVP I did on the echovox where I was talking to a group of 23 spirits mostly from Europe it sounded like because of the foreign languages. And I made contact with this one young dutch girl she had the most beautiful voice. And there was a older sounding female voice that entered and said "everybody here knows your not supposed to talk to people"! And the dutch girl said this person is not bad he is good. Then the older Spirit said people will attract evil spirits. And she refused to stop talking to me along with five other spirits. I learned a lot from her on questions I asked her on what its like to die. Ghosts I guess you can say are a lot like us really. You have good ones and bad ones.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe51563
My question is why is it against their rules to speak to people? There was one EVP I did on the echovox where I was talking to a group of 23 spirits mostly from Europe it sounded like because of the foreign languages. And I made contact with this one young dutch girl she had the most beautiful voice. And there was a older sounding female voice that entered and said "everybody here knows your not supposed to talk to people"! And the dutch girl said this person is not bad he is good. Then the older Spirit said people will attract evil spirits. And she refused to stop talking to me along with five other spirits. I learned a lot from her on questions I asked her on what its like to die. Ghosts I guess you can say are a lot like us really. You have good ones and bad ones.

I have no idea about the rules from their side, I think it might vary to some spirits about talking to the living. Many people have said they have asked about heaven / hell or what is it like to die and been totally ignored or told they are not allowed or cannot answer that question. Some will answer and tell you amazing things. Then you have to figure out if they are telling you the truth or lying to you on purpose!

True indeed, you have good spirits and bad spirits.