Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-05-2019, 03:07 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
can it be true that many of us at here are old souls with many past lives and maybe some people are souls from the beginning of time on the earthly plane.
im sure i saw a medium once write about how you go through different lifestyles, whether it's rich or poor or being spiritual, it's like you take all those experiences and climb the spiritual ladder ...
I heard that, too.
Our neighbor's situation is not always what it seems...good to rem...and why we can never judge.

Example: Yogananda said he learned/grew more being a single mother in poverty with many children,
than many lives as a yogi meditating in the Himalayas.

I have read a Down's Syndrome person chose that life selflessly for his Soul Group/family to grow...
all learning
selflessness and the power of love...over riches and fame and such.

We do not know what the person next to us purposely chose to purposely learn what he needed to.

Why, I thought I hated my father for decades (prayed to forgive him, btw)...
only to have another one of my stunning moments of being 'shown' something...When I heard his voice say,
'I will be your father and you will be my daughter and I will treat you as you have others so you will finally see and stop it once and for all.'
I said, OK.
Turns out this terrible man, (to me only)...was actually my best friend playing a role...doing this for me.
He wasn't the monster I had thought!!!

Gosh, this is a brilliant play on a stage with us playing 100s of roles...!!

"Nothing it what it seems, Grasshopper."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Master

We all express here just beliefs. Some of us came up with them through our own spiritual experiences, others borrowed them form other sources, while others express wishes or rationalizations. Even if one of us knew for sure how things are, how would he/she make the others believe? There's no way.

I believe / know ( ) that there is no contract, and no plan, in the way it is discussed in this thread, in the way Michael Newton and others found out through life-between-lives regressions, or in the way most authors and spiritual gurus describe. But we all have our karmic baggage.

A poster asked how this widely purported idea of contract / plan came into being ... the same way it happened with all religions: some individuals had some altered states of consciousness experiences, and they interpreted them through the filters of their beliefs, emotions, intellect. Then others, willingly and unwillingly, distorted those interpretations further, and it is impossible to track the original experience.

The contract / plan idea is in line with other beliefs based on anthropomorphic views of the afterlife, and on an Earth / human centric multiverse. Both are erroneous.

Our spirits incarnate here, on Earth, because they can't (yet) function properly in the non-physical realms. The purpose is to evolve toward being able to function there. Main things to accomplish here: get rid of fear (master emotions), develop intellect, acquire intuition. No plan, no contract, free will.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
There is a general plan but nothing is set in stone
The spirit usually prepares with his or her soul group
You have guides that are assigned to you
The High Council or Elder Council who tell you what must be done in order to evolve sorta like the head masters or principals.
The spirit guides are your guidance counselors
And of course Life on earth or another planet is the School Room

“Universe” and university have a funny linguistic tie.

But nothing is set in stone in regards to your choices .

Just saw this post, too. I agree. Yes.

How funny I never got the universe/university correlation!!!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
There is a general plan but nothing is set in stone

The spirit usually prepares with his or her soul group
You have guides that are assigned to you
The High Council or Elder Council who tell you what must be done in order to evolve sorta like the head masters or principals.
The spirit guides are your guidance counselors
And of course Life on earth or another planet is the School Room

And God is the power, force, and Person who set up and created all the various schools for us to go to. “Universe” and university have a funny linguistic tie.

But nothing is set in stone in regards to your choices . The only way life feels like autopilot is when we are controlled and dictated by our karma of this and past lives.

Repeating the same cycles being influenced by those forces that keep us from changing.

True freedom is not a loss of individuality.

In fact the most highly evolved beings are the most free, individualized, and happy. Yet they know they are connected and one with everything.

Amilius hello - this resonated deeply.
Speaking from my karma, other lives and repeated patterns or situations can contribute greatly to a sense of futility and despair, akin to a depressive state that is a natural outcome of feeling trapped by one's karma. If you've been repeatedly murdered by a loved one, or repeatedly lost loved ones through violence over and over again, or repeatedly experienced enslavement or brutal oppression...etc...all things common to humanity's history...these things leave a deep, caustic mark on the fabric of existence and on the fabric of your being. And they are yours to carry. They fall to you and to whomever else has taken part in it. You must pick it up...it is your share, your burden. There is no other way. Even if it feels hopeless at times, like nothing will ever change and you are experiencing the same sort of thing over and over, with some slight variation.

Next, the only way out is through. It seems counterintuitive until you apprehend with your heart centre that the light and the truth you are seeking lies on this path. And in the transformational power of your own light and love and insight, you transform (heal) your portion of your (shared) karma and illuminate your footing on your path with ever greater clarity and insight. At some point, you can reach out to others with authentic love, affirmation, and support. Where there is deeply shared karma, you can reach out with both forgiveness, and contrition & repentence, and thus move toward an authentic, sustainable reconciliation.

At some point, the world on our shoulders is a light as a feather and full of buoyance and light...because we have grown and the burden has been transformed. But others may still be struggling. And now we can more fully understand how important it is to support one another in lovingkindness and equanimity.

Authentic love, forgiveness, contrition/repentance, and reconciliation are key. All these require great strength and great courage. That's where the equanimity at centre comes in. That and the mutual support of our fellow travellers. So that we may each live from a place of lovingkindness at centre towards self and others.

At this point, the "plan" begins to look a little different...it opens up and we see how much more we can be and do going forward And most critically, we begin to apprehend the mysteries of the tapestry. And just how important our intent, thought, word and deed are.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 04-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Pathfinder

I think one of the biggest issues for me, is I feel like I'm stuck.

I have felt for a long time in my life an unexplained spiritual connection and curiosity since I was a small child.

I would say as I got older I got distracted by life and moved away from that curiosity and connection, but then certain hardships with my health took place. With that, I have come back to that spiritual connection and curiosity. Some of it even without doing anything - it just appeared into my life again during these difficult years.

But my hardships have left me pondering on all things about my life, what our spiritual purpose is, what mine is supposed to be, trying to understand life after death etc.

I wish I knew what I was here to do, what I'm going to do with my life in positive good ways, what good things are going to come to me etc.

Right now, I see everyone else's life progress forward but mine stagnating.
Old 23-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Pathfinder

Hi all,

I am giving an update on this - well my situation to be exact.

Most of what I have researched (reading tons of spiritual books based on people who have communicated from the other side to mediums and others - and as well through my own spiritual journey) has all pretty much confirmed we do have soul plan/contract, but with freewill involved as well.

Freewill creates good and bad karma. We come to this Earth as spiritual beings having an Earthly experience. The Earth is essentially a big school for learning and growth. We come here to grow and learn as many times as necessary (with breaks in the afterlife between each reincarnation) to attain the highest growth that allows us to return and be with the source that is God. Which is spiritual perfection.

There are many different afterlife levels or 'Heavens' which we each go to when we die according to what growth or vibration we have reached from our time on Earth. Think of the different levels of the afterlife as being a radio stations which your energy and vibration have to tune to and match.

The reason why we have good and bad things happen to us in our lives is due to karma, and these are karmic lessons we must learn and grow from which is also part of the soul plan/contract. These are lessons that can be from karma you have made from a past life. Karma from past lives is carried over into your next life and has to be overcome in order for it not be repeated. It doesn't mean all karma is from doing something really bad, but more that the lessons or situations that were not dealt with in the right way, have to be addressed before we can move on from them.

I have also recently had a clairvoyant reading. I have had one about me before, except, I wasn't the one who had one, it was my family's, but I was featured heavily in it. My family's reading was several years back, and many things were described about me regarding my situation and life, which was so accurate that some of it only I could only know. Much more also was said that came true about my future. Long story short, I met the clairvoyant recently who did my family's reading from several years ago, so I could have my own reading this time and learn more. Again, he described and told me things nobody else could know. The reason why I am mentioning this here, is because what he told me about myself confirmed to me what I had read about karma and past lives. He said that I was an old soul who had many lives before, and that the reason I am having difficulties in this life is because I had a difficult previous life where certain things were not dealt with. So part of my struggles in this life are inherited karma.

What I find fascinating about all this is how also freewill works. Sure we are here to learn and grow, but our freewill can change all of that by making the right and wrong choices in life to learn or deal with certain situations we are faced with. This is also why we sometimes must come back and repeat a lesson, because karmically it wasn't dealt with appropriately from the choices we made before.

But in addition to this, we are also a part of God, and we carry a spark of him inside us. So we have so much untapped potential that we could only dream of. But if we knew we had this potential then we would cease to live in so much ignorance. This is also why the angels are with us, because we are special, and many of us just don't realise it. We have power to manifest what we think and dream of to help create our dreams and aspirations as part of our freewill. We have this ability and so many of us don't realise it. This is in part, what law of attraction is. And this is also why when we leave Earth and go to the afterlife/Heaven we remember/realise our ability to create and manifest what we desire from our thoughts. It's just that here on Earth it takes a bit longer.

I hope you will all find this helpful and interesting, and I hope this helps other people who have been yearning to learn and find answers to the same things I have.
Old 24-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
But my hardships have left me pondering on all things about my life, what our spiritual purpose is, what mine is supposed to be, trying to understand life after death etc.
Often prefixing with the word 'Spiritual' doesn't help, because then it's no longer Spiritual but filtered through your definitions of 'Spiritual', whatever they may be. In terms of your Life's Purpose they often only confuse the issue because we're not all here to contemplate our navels all day.

Sit yourself down with candles, music and anything else hat will put you into that frame of mind. Then ask yourself one simple question.
"If I had never existed, how different would the Universe be?"

As a mother/father, daughter/son, parent, friend, colleague...... Every day and in every interaction we make a difference of some kind to people's Lives. Very often we are not here for our own Spiritual growth as much as we are here for the Spiritual growth of others, and there's more to Spiritual development than reading books and Youtubes.

I can tell you from past experience that whatever hardships you've been through, you can turn them around to make them work for you instead of against you. You see, true empathy only comes from having had the experiences yourself and often people instinctively know the difference. As the book title goes, "Turning Hurts Into Halos."

Your Life isn't stagnating, the Universe can't do much with you until you have decided which way you're going to jump.

Quote:
He said that I was an old soul who had many lives before, and that the reason I am having difficulties in this life is because I had a difficult previous life where certain things were not dealt with. So part of my struggles in this life are inherited karma.
Yeah that figures, I picked up the familiar patterns early on. Me too by the way.

One of the main causes of what you're calling karma is that duality of perception that's coming through. You're defining it as a 'Spiritual' Journey rather than a Journey, as though tagging on the 'Spiritual' in front of it gives it more importance. This is not a Spiritual Journey it's a Journey to Self, and regardless of what's on the surface that's always underneath. The Journey is about you as an aspect of Source.

You're looking for 'positives' so you've defined your previous experiences as 'negative'. In one Life you've had what you have defined as difficulties so now in this Life they have to be resolved. Are those lessons that you said we grow from difficulties, or negatives? Dolores Canon said that karma is looking at both sides of the coin - a 'positive' in this Life is experienced as a 'negative' in another Life. When you cease using the words there is no balance needed because there's no opposition.

Unto thine own self be true.
Old 24-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Master

Quote:
I have been reading a lot on spirituality in general, as well as what many mediums have said and people who have had an NDE and came back, and the general understanding or belief is that we have a pre-birth plan that we decide to do to learn certain lessons here on Earth.

One thing I am curious about is how that fits in with freewill and God? The reason I ask this is because how is it some people are able to pray for healing and then obtain a miraculous recovery if everything has been set-up pre-birth to be ill etc? Is this then possible to change?

Everything I have read and heard from mediums in particular, is that it isn't. Basically the belief God doesn't intervene, and that the plan and lessons decided pre-birth are not able to be changed. But this doesn't explain how those who have had an NDE had their situation change when they discussed their situation when they died with those on the other side - some even said they didn't want to go back to suffer, and then they were gifted something to make it easier for them, like some healing or some form of help if they went back to continue their life.

So my question is, how do we change our sufferings through our pre-birth soul/life plan here on Earth without having to die and have an NDE or some other extreme way, surely there is a way to change things? Why for example have some also received special blessings and healings either through the means of their own prayers or others praying for them which has changed this? And obviously why have others also not?
There are plans, agreements, and karma in layers and layers and layers of participation, in that we as individuals are all subsumed within greater and greater lives - etc. - ‘who’ also have agreements and karma, and so it‘s complicated. There is freedom and free will, but it is limited and circumscribed by circumstance and condition.

Every moment is unique and yet caused by what happened previously, which accordingly is sanctioned and supported by Highest Self. However these plans, agreements, karma, limitations of circumstance and bondage of condition can all by the same principle be superseded, can be altered, can be transcended in the present moment by that same limited free-will toward greater involved possibilities, which is why attitude, orientation, and application of life-energy is so important.

Destiny can be changed by an intelligent will - which is also available as part of the greater plan or general scheme which is the evolution of consciousness that allows for the orientation to conscious deliberate spirituality as an expedient to that evolution to supersede or transcend the past, karma, ‘fate’ by application of spirituality, spiritual aspiration, the invocation of divine will which is fully present within.

This is possible because the essence of reality and ourselves is really infinite and eternal, which may be invoked, applied and accelerated - by, in, and through the inherently progressive aspect of the divine will as spiritual aspiration. Therefore, spirituality is really the only way, although that may constitute different forms for different people.

It means being conscious of the divine possibilities inherent in human life but also taking steps to make those possibilities inevitable. It’s that last part that cynical arm-chair philosophers painstakingly avoid by utilizing their free-will to indefinitely circumscribe practice by a studied casual equivocation - lots of talk and rationalization, but not invocation - which is a deliberately (albeit unconsciously rationalized) self-imposed stasis. Hence the confusion of being interested in spirituality but at the same time denying and evading it with lots of talk about how and why spirituality doesn’t and can’t work, so why bother? And in that case - so true!

~ J
Old 24-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Master

We should have a healthy dose of reservations about what we believe, understand, think that we know, because those filters limit us.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Pathfinder
I do not support the popular notion of karma, the concept of ''You reap what you sow.'' The whole model of karma as is popular today is in my view point way more brutal as the notion of heaven & hell, the understanding of karma has changed over the millennia...till our current belief that our current existence is a consequence of our past actions..I will copy-paste a good article about the development,..of karma from an article called ''Rethinking Karma'':

.. Earlier Brahmanical teachings tended to understand karma mechanically and ritualistically. To perform a sacrifice in the proper fashion would invariably lead to the desired consequences. If those consequences were not forthcoming, then either there had been an error in procedure or the causal effects were delayed, perhaps until your next lifetime (hence implying reincarnation)... you can read the whole article ''Rethinking Karma here (tricycle.org/magazine/rethinking-karma).

Personally, I believe in something like evolution of the soul, I think we are slowly developing ourselves, I also believe that there is something like a ''life plan, '' even though I do not believe that is somehow made completely in detail,... but in the broader sense, where there is a lot of space of us choosing different ways,..which we can change in our own hearts,..so in my believe are miseries, diseases, disasters...not somehow pre-planned, but a result or consequence of many different events, choices,..on some which we have full control and other on which we hardly have any control over or none at all, collective actions,..There gives many, many NDE reports,...in which people claim, that they was send back after they have ''get it'' or learn ''on the other side,'' what's the point of our all existence here on earth...and so on...which would support this version...so this would also make it possible that we can live our entire life and chasing all the wrong things...and so on..And even then,..people are very different...some can't wait to leave this material world and go to heaven..some other place...others are saying, ''no, no I have a blast here..I want to go on this ride again!!!'' I think both ways are correct. I mean..what's wrong if someone want to experience a life of a waitresses, woman, man, police officer, porn star, scientists,..whatever? In essence, nothing is wrong with this,..but some people are tired of all this...and want to experience something completely different, they have outgrow this stuff and their minds and hearts are set for completely different experiences, existence. Personally, I consider the insights in the afterlife by far the most authentic and important which we get from NDE accounts and reincarnation research.