Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Ascender
Too Sensitive to Be In a Serious Relationship?

My life has caused me to really want my own home and space totally to myself. And at the same time I have sensory overload issues when too many are around and me, even just talking.

But I would like to have a committed romance or still maybe a marriage.

I just do not know how it could work unless I date and marry another very similar to me-introvert?
And we keep to ourselves much of the time?

This last guy I dated was just like my sibling whom invited everyone they came across to visit, Yang out and spend the night. I swear I was going crazy and kept leaving to maintain my sanity and be at peace!
Old 14-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Master
My husband and I are very peaceful. It's like being in our own space because we allow each other quiet chill time and freedom, no judgement as to what the other should do or forced interactions upon us by each others friends/family unless we both are feeling it. It's nice because we are around someone who cares about us at the same time as basically having our own space.

Our home is so chill we don't even crave vacations because no where could really be more relaxing than our space.

So it is 100% possible just has to be the right person.
Old 15-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
My life has caused me to really want my own home and space totally to myself. And at the same time I have sensory overload issues when too many are around and me, even just talking.

I just do not know how it could work unless I date and marry another very similar to me-introvert?

This last guy I dated was just like my sibling whom invited everyone they came across to visit, Yang out and spend the night. I swear I was going crazy and kept leaving to maintain my sanity and be at peace!
I kind of understand. I have a home, also still spend a lot of time with my parents. Like you, I'm happier alone. I'm not lonely. That's maybe because there are always others around and things to join in. In moments of utter honesty it probably makes me self-centred. (I do have a male friend and it probably works because we don't live together; are thus not under each other's feet.) But I look at so many couples around and realise that most of the pairs are self-centred to the extent I wonder how far someone can subvert their individuality to make a relationship work. It isn't always what they have in common. Some work because they have almost nothing in common.
I do feel close to my parents and soulmate, though.
Old 15-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit

Hi MissCreativeSpirit,

I really do relate to what you say. After my spiritual awakening I too have become so sensory aware, beyond anything I could ever have thought or realised. So much so, apart from one, the relationships I've had just haven't been able to establish a connection beyond the conventional. It isn't so much wanting someone like me - it's finding someone who is a free spirit. Who simply sees the beauty in everything, in me - in herself for who she is. For us to be on the same wavelength, the same frequency

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 19-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Master
I'm also very sensitive, doesn't mean you cannot have a relationship, doesn't even mean you cannot enjoy going out and about.
You can work on your energy system so you don't get overwhelmed so soon. I did, it works a treat. I can go to pubs and things without a problem.
What I can not handle is people yapping around me, needing my attention non-stop. I need to recharge so I don't get overloaded. I cannot be engaged in conversation all day long.
But... with the right partner this isn't a problem. And no, you don't need someone who's also very sensitive. You need someone who also needs personal freedom and has their own thing going for them in life. Hobbies, friends. Not someone who's co-dependent and needs to cling to you. That'll go wrong.
The partner you describe simply wasn't the right person for you. Best thing to do is to open up to love, and trust that the universe will bring the right person for you. If you focus on that, and NOT on your fear of getting overloaded when in a relationship, things will go okay. If you focus on your fear you will attract exactly that. Which to you will confirm your fears, while actually it only confirms Law of Attraction works and you get what you ask for.
So focus on the belief that the right one is out there, that it is possible. Then it'll work out. I know, cos I've been in 3 relationships. I didn't have a problem with any of my ex partners in that sense. We could be together all day, every day, and still not have that problem. But they had their own things and interests, didn't need to sit on my lap 24/7 so I still had my recharge time. They didn't bother me energetically. With the right partner you energetically match so even if they're around 24/7 they won't bother you. And they'd know you wouldn't want visitors over all the time, and respect that. And I doubt an emotionally healthy partner would need that. It sounds very needy, attention seeking, to drag everyone to your home.
And really invest in working on your energy system. Do a proper course. I did 3 on basic intuitive development, learning to ground, shield, cleanse my chakras and aura and so on. After that I was fine to go out while before I didn't even last half an hour.
Old 16-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm both sensitive/ empath and introvert and rather non -dominant and quite strong Yin feminine nature while in a male body ((but also individualist and independent enough not to be submissive ) . Are my chances of being together with a female soul mate still there ? a platonic relationship would be also fine if i can still be myself . I'm almost 52 btw
Old 17-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Master
Realistic goals.

Since a relationship requires two people you will have to weigh up where you feel you can compromise at times.

Anyone who wants to be with you should understand that you need alone time to recharge & even to feel normal.

However since another person is also involved there will be times when you need to put aside what you need & please them.

You can "book" yourself some alone time & look forward to it - thats what I do. Knowing that the recharge is coming helps deal with the normie stuff.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 19-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Master
Just be yourself and enjoy life, the right person will come along!