Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-11-2017, 04:46 AM
Suspended
Ascender

To imagine there is no goal is a comfortable position, sort of like those who like the so-called Neo-Advaitans - see discussion here http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=118554

It is spiritual fast food - instant enlightenment, achievement and adherence to all I am, hoping that there is nothing else and vehemently defending the position that there might be

Neo-Advaita, which I've learnt about this week, takes what is true and corrupts it by believing it to be true. It is like a meal I heard about, it is sumptuous, and so without having eaten it, I claim it is sumptuous. As I have heard those whom have eaten tell it, so I retell it, now imagining I am satiated - and telling others the same.

It's fine though ultimately. That's the beauty of free will

Here's something that might be useful:

Stop Pretending
Old 27-11-2017, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
To imagine there is no goal is a comfortable position, sort of like those who like the so-called Neo-Advaitans - see discussion here http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=118554

Don't goals require imagination?

Quote:
It is spiritual fast food - instant enlightenment, achievement and adherence to all I am, hoping that there is nothing else and vehemently defending the position that there might be

There immediacy in realisation, but it's a subtle, nuanced subject.

Quote:
Neo-Advaita, which I've learnt about this week, takes what is true and corrupts it by believing it to be true. It is like a meal I heard about, it is sumptuous, and so without having eaten it, I claim it is sumptuous. As I have heard those whom have eaten tell it, so I retell it, now imagining I am satiated - and telling others the same.

It's fine though ultimately. That's the beauty of free will

I guess it's corrupt in the same way as any other belief system.

Quote:
Here's something that might be useful:

Stop Pretending

I might have a look at that later.
Old 27-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Don't goals require imagination?

When Buddha said there is an end to dukkha, I don't think that that was a bald faced lie. When he spoke of Nibbana, he showed us the goal.

When Jesus admonished his people to seek for the Kingdom of Heaven is within, and such, it is an encouragement. When he taught Love and Trinity, he showed us the goal.

When Rumi sings of Love and Truth, he showed the possible. He showed, if we are interested, a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There immediacy in realisation, but it's a subtle, nuanced subject.

Please enlighten us On second thoughts, you don't have to worry. I think that being aware FWIW is not the end of realization at all, in fact it's not even the beginning. It's just a step, there is much more to it than that. Dodging missiles, resolving issues, these are just steps along the way. To imagine it's the end is funny. To imagine there is no change is also funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I guess it's corrupt in the same way as any other belief system.

You seem to believe that you don't exist - that might be corruptible? Some people believe in love. Some people believe in God. Others take up a faith in earnest, and through that, apply themselves to transcend belief. (use a thorn to remove the thorn) Others promote schools of thought that keep people mired in belief.

Yet others subscribe to self-defeating belief systems such as "All is One and perfect" without actually realizing this Truth - using a practice to realize that in experiential ways - and then get bowled over at each turn. Iamit said it best when he pointed out that with the NA belief system, suffering still transpires. That's not even a spiritual belief system - that's the attraction of people who wish and desire that there is nothing else to spiritual journeys than "whatever I see and hear and what ever stage I am". It's attractive though, sure, I can see, especially for those who long for its truth. They cannot fathom the wisdom of the Ancients because - well

Some believe that the world is round, and others that it is flat. Some believe that they can run a marathon, cook a sumptuous cake, believe that they matter. Others believe in lying, others, integrity. Some believe that cheating is the way, others believe in service to community.

IOW no, not all belief systems are corrupt, Gem. Enough with the smartisms.

At the risk of further upsetting you, you are free to believe whatever you wish. Be well.

BT
Old 28-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
When Buddha said there is an end to dukkha, I don't think that that was a bald faced lie. When he spoke of Nibbana, he showed us the goal.

Quote:
When Jesus admonished his people to seek for the Kingdom of Heaven is within, and such, it is an encouragement. When he taught Love and Trinity, he showed us the goal.

When Rumi sings of Love and Truth, he showed the possible. He showed, if we are interested, a goal.

It seems we can deduce by these authoritative statements that the goal referred to is not imaginary.

I'm more into the truth, so I'll go along with Rumi. The problem is, the truth has nothing to do with what I want or what I believe.

Quote:
Please enlighten us On second thoughts, you don't have to worry. I think that being aware FWIW is not the end of realization at all, in fact it's not even the beginning. It's just a step, there is much more to it than that. Dodging missiles, resolving issues, these are just steps along the way. To imagine it's the end is funny. To imagine there is no change is also funny.

You seem to believe that you don't exist - that might be corruptible? Some people believe in love. Some people believe in God. Others take up a faith in earnest, and through that, apply themselves to transcend belief. (use a thorn to remove the thorn) Others promote schools of thought that keep people mired in belief.

Of course I exist immediately in this knowing.

Quote:
Yet others subscribe to self-defeating belief systems such as "All is One and perfect" without actually realizing this Truth - using a practice to realize that in experiential ways - and then get bowled over at each turn. Iamit said it best when he pointed out that with the NA belief system, suffering still transpires. That's not even a spiritual belief system - that's the attraction of people who wish and desire that there is nothing else to spiritual journeys than "whatever I see and hear and what ever stage I am". It's attractive though, sure, I can see, especially for those who long for its truth. They cannot fathom the wisdom of the Ancients because - well

Some believe that the world is round, and others that it is flat. Some believe that they can run a marathon, cook a sumptuous cake, believe that they matter. Others believe in lying, others, integrity. Some believe that cheating is the way, others believe in service to community.

Quote:
IOW no, not all belief systems are corrupt, Gem. Enough with the smartisms

At the risk of further upsetting you, you are free to believe whatever you wish. Be well.

BT

Of course everyone is free to believe whatever they do. I have no interest in influencing people to believe anything.