Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Guide
Help with Hand Mudra

I hope this is the right place for this.

A few weeks ago I had some cranio sacral therapy and whilst in the waiting room and during the appointment I felt the need to link my two little fingers, so left palm is facing down and right palm facing up. My hands were placed across my chest but not touching and then in the appointment, my hands were placed in this little finger linked position, across my sacral/solar plexus area.

I just felt this was the right thing to do, I have no idea where the urge to do this came from, or what it was doing, if anything?

I've looked at various hand mudras on the net but can't seem to find anything which would explain what this might be.

Can anyone help?

Patrycia
Old 22-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Guide

I've done the same thing, for some reason it's relaxing and adds a certain safe feeling. I have no idea about the mudras, but if you were to post this question on TamilBrahmins forum, good chance you'll get an answer.l
Old 26-05-2018, 04:49 AM
Master
Namaste.

There are many spontaneous hand mudras that happen as a direct result of awakening the Shakti and I have even gone as far as exploring the Bharata Natyam (Classical Indian dance) to try and find out if there were any actual corresponding names for them...but no luck.

I have found a picture of the one that gives me the most comfort, but it doesn't have a name:

https://chakracenter.files.wordpress...abilities3.jpg

Even the sheer act of placing the fingertips together (another thing I regularly do to feel my heartbeat and slow it down) doesn't even have a term for it among the mudras:

http://westsidetoastmasters.com/reso...tips_touch.jpg

Even the "Church and Steeple" mudra (which also happens) I cannot find in the list of Mudras anywhere:

http://next.myworshiptimes31.com/wp-...urch-small.jpg

These are just a few of the hand mudras that I regularly do (or rather occur by themselves) that aren't even on the list!

Suffice to say, I just gave up looking and trying to find a correlation, because it just 'feels good' anyway.

Aum Namah Shivaya