Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Can anyone be a medium?

I was just curious...does everyone contain potential for mediumship? I realise some people are just naturally gifted and/or born with the ability, but can anyone learn to tune in or will some people never be able to communicate with spirits no matter how hard they try to develop?
Old 26-12-2010, 10:21 AM
LadyB.

Well we all have the ability to communicate with spirit.

Some have a more natural aptitude for it than others and some may choose or be guided to turn their ability into mediumship.

Some are born hugely gifted already and some have to work harder at it.

I know some will say there are only 'born mediums'. In my experience through the many I have met this through various circles and workshops this is not the case.

As the world becomes more spiritually awakened more and more people are able to communicate with spirits in many different ways. I find a lot of the old school 'rules of mediumship/spirit communication' dated. Times have changed, the veil is thinning and many many people are having huge spiritual experiences...

It's a very exciting time for us all..

LB
X
Old 26-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Master
Hello Starbuck

Every person is spiritual and every experience has a learning. We as people put titles on things.
A medium is to me a person who has dedicated part of life to the light and humanity for good! They are a channel to hear and relay!
So in one form to answer your question in my opinion ...yes anyone can be ... if that is why the person is here and they have made a commitment to light!
Its not an easy road. As mediums have to check their egos and remain conscious of universal law and seed planting (for relaying wrong information by coming from ego has a karmic kick)
My Mum wanted to be like Mother Theresa.. I remember her saying " what good do I do on the earth" ???
She tried so hard to be like some-one else. My answer was
" Mum you smile... not many people can truly smile with love at a stranger"
There is no greater or less in the eyes of the light(God) etc.
We each play an important role as we each help each to develop soul aspects of self!

Love and blessings
:)
Old 26-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Sira

I would say that if a person feels an urge to communicate with the spirit world, it is in itself an indication of an opening to mediumship. How this person achieves it? It may sound simplistic, but I think the sincere intent alone opens the doors. Since I am not a great fan of telepathy, I would suggest calming down, going into a meditative state while looking at for example a candle, then picking up a pen and a piece of paper, starting to doodle and see what comes. Maybe nothing happens the first time, maybe it takes several rounds, but at some point you will start feeling like someone else was guiding your hand.
Also I would like to point out that there are spirits and then there are spirits. To discern between these spirits is essential for your peace of mind, so use protections and question these spirits, do they come from Light, are they of Light and are they returning to Light.
Old 26-12-2010, 12:58 PM
glenos

Wanna be a medium as opposed to a fortune teller then sit in a proper development circle with an experienced leader, and be prepared to devote a large chunk of your life to it. Do it for the highest reasons and you should with luck show some results.

G
Old 26-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Well i agree with smiler for the most part i was born seeeing spirit so to me its a natural part of who i am.
but everybody is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Namaste
Old 26-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Ascender
Can anyone be a medium? The answerer to this question is YES

But whey wan´t to be a medium when you would be a better healer or Clairvoyant.

The question when trying to find ones potential should be. – How can I be of service? How can I be of service in the best way with the potential I have.

Be not what you want to be fore selfish reasons but be what you are good at for the sake of humanity

Yours
A peaceful mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 26-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Master
Hi Native

I was born seeing spirit too :) maybe we are lucky we remember ! Many children are conditioned, who can tell what a persons gifts of spirit are; my friend. As from a deep sleep they can awaken... maybe?

Blessings to you
*hug*
Old 26-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Sira

To be of service to the world requires the inner work first, to work through the ego, experiences, pain, hurt, the lot. Only then can you fully serve the world, because you do not have the need to serve yourself any longer.
To serve oneself and to serve the world are two paths and although service to the world is considered higher than service to oneself, I see both of them crucial.
I am not sure if it's appropriate to question someone's needs and wants from the outside. All experiences are equally valuable and to question someone's choices feels like there is some lack of trust, unless the question is asked to genuinely learn more.
Old 26-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Master
Hi Sira

"chop wood carry water before enlightment and then after enlightment .. chop wood carry water" we are all learning .. its our intent that counts.