Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 08-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Jwbaccaro

Scientists Make an Amazing OBE Discovery?

If I'm understanding this link correctly, it seems that this woman is visualizing herself spinning in the air, above her body, even though she knows her "real" body is lying still, on the ground, and actually becomes dizzy as if she really were spinning? And how the scanning on her brain changes once the "imagination" becomes incredibly vivid and strong.

I don't get it. Why is this called an OBE? This sounds nothing like common NDEs and/or the OBEs Bob Monroe experienced.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I have yet to make 15 posts, therefore the forum won't allow me to post the link. But just goggle "Scientists Scanned Woman's Brain During An Out of Body Experience - And What They Found Was Amazing."
Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Master
I saw that article and was reminded of Robert Monroe also, Jw. Not sure what problem you have with the designation of "OBE" though, seeing she has no loss of vital signs.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-06-2014, 04:56 AM
energyman1

Morpheus,
After my NDE in 1975 I undertook extensive research and concluded that consciousness is not a function of the brain. Instead it is contained in an energy field that surround the body, a conscious energy form. All life had this field, where there is no life there is no field. This Energy field has many names. Prana, Chi, Subtle, Human, and it has the ability to leave the body even though the body is not dead. There are many ways this can be done, meditation being one. Monroe was the leading authority on OBEs and this lady seems to have this ability without meditation, lucky lady.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Master
Well, I agree with the above regarding Consciousness. In fact, I believe it is the underlying foundation of everything we see in the world. Including that of inanimate objects. Consciousness, Energy, Matter.

Which again validates the cinematic illustration of the Wachowski's, in their movie, "The Matrix".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Experiencer

Well I don't consider OBEs and NDEs the same thing. I know people make distinctions between astral projection and OBEs but I really think the two are linked. So I will tell you that I have easily gone I to a fast spinning motion during astral projection. It's like just the moment you are or are about to leave your body, for some reason you get a full body spinning sensation. So odd! But it makes you terribly dizzy! Like you really are spinning although your physical body is perfectly still. From my experience, this claim makes a lot of sense to me.