Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
What would you most like (if this were a spiritual shopping centre )
Bliss, Peace, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, complete knowledge of the subtle energy body, ability to heal, compassion, empathy, ability to astral travel, ability to know the future... or maybe all of them??
I would want/like none of them as they are all impermanent and transient and are still a characteristic of the "I" self.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I would want/like none of them as they are all impermanent and transient and are still a characteristic of the "I" self.

Are peace, numbness, disassociation, detachment, and not caring or giving a damn characteristic of no "I" self?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Are peace, numbness, disassociation, detachment, and not caring or giving a damn characteristic of no "I" self?
It just is how it is.

Of course I would like to feel the bliss, but I don't make it a priority, because who/what is feeling the bliss?...yes, it's similar to who/what is feeling the 'numbness' or the 'nothingness' or the 'detachment'?

I also have been experiencing physical disease and distress, even knowing full well that I am not the body...but that makes no difference to those sensations persisting.

After the direct realisation that I am not the body, mind...the awareness hit that I am nothing...and the experience followed through with this awareness...it all somehow became rather droll and meaningless in the bigger context of it all and I wondered where this 'bliss' was that I should be experiencing, but for some unknown reason, it totally alludes me.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Master
I would agree you're not this body in any long term permanent sense, but you do inhabit this body currently, and you are its caretaker.

But I don't think you can disidentify with the mind before the mind is ready to let go itself. Having an intellectual knowledge of not being the mind (or body) seems to lead to the numbness and detachment and meaninglessness that you're feeling. It's like spoon fed knowledge, if you haven't come to this conclusion yourself after a long hard search for the truth it's someone elses understanding, valuable only to them.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I would agree you're not this body in any long term permanent sense, but you do inhabit this body currently, and you are its caretaker.

But I don't think you can disidentify with the mind before the mind is ready to let go itself. Having an intellectual knowledge of not being the mind (or body) seems to lead to the numbness and detachment and meaninglessness that you're feeling. It's like spoon fed knowledge, if you haven't come to this conclusion yourself after a long hard search for the truth it's someone elses understanding, valuable only to them.
It's more than just intellectual knowledge, but yes...I have been reminded that my whole 'heart connection' somehow became severed during the process and I'd like to know how to get that back whilst still being aware that everything is Maya.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Master
Personally, I think let go of 'everything is Maya' and be a dualistic human being again, and work within duality to find the way.

Maybe google 'Rumi heart images' and see if his words remind you of your heart connection.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Personally, I think let go of 'everything is Maya' and be a dualistic human being again, and work within duality to find the way.

Maybe google 'Rumi heart images' and see if his words remind you of your heart connection.
Yes, my friend...it has to happen by itself...because trying to make myself feel it by looking at inspiring images and prose that I once found uplifting and full of love isn't working...it's like my soul sees right through my egoic attempts at re-opening my heart chakra after the event!

I used to feel stuff worshiping Shiva...I don't feel anything anymore but just 'going through the motions' and 'faking it until I make it' again...but my deep inner self won't be fooled by this...patting puppies don't help either...nor going to the ocean...watching a beautiful sunset...It's as if I am drained of all emotion until only awareness of Self remains.

I just have to ride it out until it happens, I guess. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words of advice and help.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:

I would say that what you are is both manifest and unmanifest .

If there is an experience of Self manifest then one does not necessarily have to conclude that I am not that which is manifest.

There is just the comparison had that what you are is both .

I am the mind-body-spirit and beyond that .

Permanence and impermanence relating to what you are, are simply comparisons and reflections of that which you are.

What is real and what is maya relating to what you are that is permanent and not are also comparisons and reflections of the mind .

x daz x
Old 01-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Master
Meanwhile, my Higher Self is mumbling something about taking Grace for granted as the cause....I'll listen more attentively when my mood is slightly more receptive. =/
Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, my friend...it has to happen by itself...because trying to make myself feel it by looking at inspiring images and prose that I once found uplifting and full of love isn't working...it's like my soul sees right through my egoic attempts at re-opening my heart chakra after the event!

I used to feel stuff worshiping Shiva...I don't feel anything anymore but just 'going through the motions' and 'faking it until I make it' again...but my deep inner self won't be fooled by this...patting puppies don't help either...nor going to the ocean...watching a beautiful sunset...It's as if I am drained of all emotion until only awareness of Self remains.

I just have to ride it out until it happens, I guess. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words of advice and help.

I see where you're at now, beyond the puppy and sunset remedy, I've been there too. Are you familiar with the five koshas? Swamij tackles maya and koshas, perhaps his view might help. In kosha terms where do you think you might be?

http://www.swamij.com/koshas.htm